BUMP:
Scotty are you ever gonna tell us why you risk talking to dead guys?
Talking to dead guys? I guess you may as well say that about Jesus Christ because without the Church of Jesus (the Eastern Orthodox Church), you have no real substantial proof that Jesus rose from the dead.
You only have a book (the Bible), but we have the divine body of Christ which proves his incarnation and resurrection.
Jesus Christ did not just leave us with a book (the Bible). He left us with his body, which is the Orthodox Church.
Paper and ink do nothing to prove the incarnation and resurrection of Christ, and neither does Bible wisdom...only in the Orthodox Church can these things be verified and proven through the 7 Sacraments and Divine Liturgy. The Orthodox Church is God's house, where a person can come into the presence of the divine grace of the Holy Spirit, and to receive that Spirit through the Sacraments.
Enlarged:
![]()
Silly man, that is the symbol of death. Christ is being shown in it as being the conquerer over death. We sing on Easter Sunday, "Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death". He died on the cross, and while dying he destroyed the power of death which held us captive.
Nice story, thats what they tell naive EOC followers.
What do they say the pyramid with the all seeing eye means?
![]()
Dear NiceneChristian: It seems like Strangelove blames Eastern Orthodoxy for every error committed in the name of Christianity, or just for every error committed by anyone, period. He can't understand his own rhetoric is irrational blathering, no matter how much he blames others (including me) of such blathering. It takes time to actually experience God in the Orthodox Church. I'm just at the beginning stage here. I need to experience Christ in baptism and chrismation. I've just only received the sacrament of confession.Those are Roman Catholic, not Orthodox bishops.
You keep on diabolically slandering the EOC. You have an evil eye it seems. Don't forget that its an "evil eye" that defiles a man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Dear NiceneChristian: It seems like Strangelove blames Eastern Orthodoxy for every error committed in the name of Christianity, or just for every error committed by anyone, period. He can't understand his own rhetoric is irrational blathering, no matter how much he blames others (including me) of such blathering. It takes time to actually experience God in the Orthodox Church. I'm just at the beginning stage here. I need to experience Christ in baptism and chrismation. I've just only received the sacrament of confession.
I find no fault with anything in the Orthodox Church. It's a very beautiful liturgy and true prayers to the true and living God in the "church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). Christ lives in His Church. I feel closer to God with every Divine Liturgy I attend. Everything is beautiful in Orthodoxy. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington September 2011 AD
PS I hope I come closer to God with every liturgy I attend, not just feel better.
God have mercy on me. I still need more of the sacraments of the OC.
Christ lives in the hearts of His people. Its not about buildings and its not about making slaves in the name of religion. When Jesus sets you free you will be free indeed.
Its not about a building, its about Jesus. The Church is Jesus. They are one and the same. The Church is the body of Christ. We don't believe in an invisible Church - for this is not a biblical teaching, the Bible never told us that the Church was invisible. So, this means that Church is visible and is a real, living organism, that functions by the Holy Spirit. This is the way is has always been, ever since the time of the Apostles. They never believed in an invisible body of Christ, they believed that there must have been a "unity of the Faith" (Eph 4:13), that had to come about under the roof of the visible and living Church, which is the "ground and pillar of the truth" (1Ti 3:15). For St Paul would not have used such language as "ground and pillar", had he not meant that the Church is indeed a physical dwelling which contains the Truth of Christ.
There is no such thing as an invisible Church because of heresies and schisms which are rampant in today's Christians. If there was an invisible Church, then this would mean that there is no such things as false-teachings, for then Christian doctrine just becomes relative (there is no Creed of Faith, everything then is just "whatever"), and we are then cast into confusion and chaos (like a kind of Christian Babylon - which means confusion)
That is why the Church of Christ is a physical temple and assembly of Saints, and is the "the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)
The Church must be a physical assembly which contains the fullness of the Truth of Jesus Christ. This is exactly what the Orthodox Church is - it is the treasure house of God and the blessings of Jesus Christ. It is the ark of Christ and the pillar of the Truth.
Those are Roman Catholic, not Orthodox bishops.
You keep on diabolically slandering the EOC. You have an evil eye it seems. Don't forget that its an "evil eye" that defiles a man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Most of what you write is correct. Until you try to use sleight of hand to prove that the EOC is the church that Christ founded. Then you are wrong. Because Christ doesn't only operate in the EOC church. He operates in lots of christian churches. All who have been saved by Christ are part of the body of Christ.
Because there are tares growing with the wheat, the true church of Christ cannot be seen except by the Lord Jesus. Only Jesus knows who are His and who are not. This is what is meant by invisible church. You can't go into a church building and know that Jesus is in the heart of everyone there. Only God knows the heart of people.
I'm talking to you, aren't I? If you're Peter Sellers ... well, isn't Peter Sellers dead? You tell me!BUMP:
Scotty are you ever gonna tell us why you risk talking to dead guys?
Strange indeed. I checked the KJV. The words "the kingdom is invisible" are nowhere in the Bible!Exactly. Good post Gramps. The true Church is invisible to man.
The kingdom is invisible and so are the priests.
(silly hats not-withstanding)
Nice story, thats what they tell naive EOC followers.
What do they say the pyramid with the all seeing eye means?
![]()
Dear Strangelove, I am going to say goodbye to you. You can not tell the difference between the Eastern Orthodox Church and Roman Catholicism, and you really have little concept of the serious differences between Protestantism and Orthodoxy. You seem, for some reason, to think some version of Protestantism (I can't say which) is true/ is the truth. It's a pity you are so self-deluded. I was like you for many years. I don't doubt but that God can does and will save some people from among the non-Orthodox. The EOC doesn't speculate about how God saves the non-Orthodox. The Church knows that God is Sovereign, and He says, "I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy." You obviously aren't going to change your mind about Peter Sellers being a prophet of God. (I am kidding!). So, I take your lack of education as a reason why you haven't read the correct books. God is having mercy on many people, and showing them the truth of the Orthodox Church. May God have mercy on us all. There is room in the kingdom of God, and in the Church, for men with "silly hats"! LOL!
If a smoking Hollywood actor can be approved by you, why can't an innocent bishop with a "silly hat"?
Today, if you hear God's voice, don't harden your heart any further. May God speak to all of us, and save us, and show us the way back to Him through His sacraments. Before you think Orthodoxy is not friendly, just read Rev. Fr. Peter E. Gillquist's book,
Gillquist, Peter E. (1992). Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith. Revised and expanded edition. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press. This is the best introduction to the EOC for the non-Orthodox Christian.
God bless you. Why not try inner or outer Mongolia for your next flag? LOL!
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Those are Roman Catholic, not Orthodox bishops.
You keep on diabolically slandering the EOC. You have an evil eye it seems. Don't forget that its an "evil eye" that defiles a man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Strange indeed. I checked the KJV. The words "the kingdom is invisible" are nowhere in the Bible!
Dear Strangelove, I am going to say goodbye to you. You can not tell the difference between the Eastern Orthodox Church and Roman Catholicism, and you really have little concept of the serious differences between Protestantism and Orthodoxy. You seem, for some reason, to think some version of Protestantism (I can't say which) is true/ is the truth. It's a pity you are so self-deluded. I was like you for many years. I don't doubt but that God can does and will save some people from among the non-Orthodox. The EOC doesn't speculate about how God saves the non-Orthodox. The Church knows that God is Sovereign, and He says, "I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy." You obviously aren't going to change your mind about Peter Sellers being a prophet of God. (I am kidding!). So, I take your lack of education as a reason why you haven't read the correct books. God is having mercy on many people, and showing them the truth of the Orthodox Church. May God have mercy on us all. There is room in the kingdom of God, and in the Church, for men with "silly hats"! LOL!
If a smoking Hollywood actor can be approved by you, why can't an innocent bishop with a "silly hat"?
Today, if you hear God's voice, don't harden your heart any further. May God speak to all of us, and save us, and show us the way back to Him through His sacraments. Before you think Orthodoxy is not friendly, just read Rev. Fr. Peter E. Gillquist's book,
Gillquist, Peter E. (1992). Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith. Revised and expanded edition. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press. This is the best introduction to the EOC for the non-Orthodox Christian.
God bless you. Why not try inner or outer Mongolia for your next flag? LOL!
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Then they approach the icon of Christ and kiss it, saying:
Thine immaculate icon do we worship,