Easy to Preach, Hard to Practice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I know we are to forgive those that trespass against us, and I have forgiven as many as I can (meaning those I know of). BUT.....what if there is a situation that is "ongoing?" What if it hasn't ended yet? Do you wait until whatever the situation is is resolved/comes to an end, and then forgive? Can you forgive an ongoing trespass?
There is a condition to forgiveness according to Christ. So that condition needs to be met. Which means that we need to read Matthew 18:22 and Luke 17:4 together.

And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes they need to repent. If they unrepentant, shake the dust off your feet and move on.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sorry, I don't think it would be a good idea to go into detail......... that may well be TMI, especially for a public Forum........ I was just looking to see of others had some such situation, and how they dealt with it.

Dec 12, 2013
Forgiveness is preemptive....we were forgiven in Christ before the world was cast down.....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sorry, I don't think it would be a good idea to go into detail......... that may well be TMI, especially for a public Forum........ I was just looking to see of others had some such situation, and how they dealt with it.
Ok well we can still, pray for you that you have grace to deal with it peacefully.

Remember that in all the nt letters Paul would write grace and peace be with you. This is what you want for the other party. You have grace and peace, cos Jesus has given you grace and peace.