Eat My Flesh <> Drink my Blood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2020
The actual church, the bride, is comprised of all born-again believers.
Wait a second...you just got done saying that there are no sects within THE CHURCH. Yet you said @Webers.Home is wrong about everything. So does that mean that Webers is not Christian? Or is it expected behavior for there to be a million disagreements within THE CHURCH?? with members of THE CHURCH constantly attacking one another and sometimes going to war with each other?

The MASS has literally nothing to do with God or His order. The Catholic mass is just as satanic as a black mass. They are brothers of the same mother, literally.
Mary???

Jul 28, 2021
Wait a second...you just got done saying that there are no sects within THE CHURCH. Yet you said @Webers.Home is wrong about everything. So does that mean that Webers is not Christian? Or is it expected behavior for there to be a million disagreements within THE CHURCH?? with members of THE CHURCH constantly attacking one another and sometimes going to war with each other?

Mary???
To be fair, it's not the actual Mary who gave birth to Jesus. The "mary" of Catholicism is all about pagan worship of a false god which is what the black mass is. In the end, it's all luciferian worship.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
To be fair, it's not the actual Mary who gave birth to Jesus. The "mary" of Catholicism is all about pagan worship of a false god which is what the black mass is. In the end, it's all luciferian worship.
Anton Szandor La Vey, author of 1969’s The Satanic Bible. La Vey founded the Church of Satan in 1966 in San Francisco.
https://time.com/3973573/satanism-american-history/

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
If one partakes of bread and wine via mouth it ends up in the digestive system.

Gnostics taught that the Christ idea entered Jesus early in life and left him on the cross.

Jesus being God does not leave the body that is if he really is in the bread and wine.

Jul 28, 2021
If one partakes of bread and wine via mouth it ends up in the digestive system.

Gnostics taught that the Christ idea entered Jesus early in life and left him on the cross.

Jesus being God does not leave the body that is if he really is in the bread and wine.
The only substance in the bread and wine is bread and wine. It is not Jesus.

E

eternally-gratefull

ok. so various sects of Christianity having varying beliefs about communion. Some think it's totally real. Some think it's totally symbolic. Some are sort of in between. Everyone basically thinks everyone else is wrong.

What I'm trying to figure out is why, if it's totally symbolic, would it be a sin against the body and blood of Jesus. To me that only makes sense if it is the actual body and blood of Jesus. Right? How does that not make sense? I mean if it's just a symbol, then why would it be a sin specifically against His body and blood? I mean if you take Eucharist in an unworthy manner, and that is the body and blood of Jesus, then you are obviously sinning against His body and blood. That's so simple and easy to understand. It's very compelling to me.

Now here's another thing that's bugging me about the Eucharist. If it's just a symbol, then why do satanists take such pains to get a consecrated host for their black masses?
If it was the literal blood and body it would give anyone who ate what Jesus promised

he said they would

1. never hunger or thirst
2. Never die
3. Live forever
4. HAS eternal life
5. Will be risen on the last day
6. Will live as long as he lives
7. Will never be lost

Yet people can eat the Eucharist and

1. Still hunger and thirst (they have to continue eating it. It does not endure forever
2. can still die (spiritually)
3. Is not promised they will live forever
4. Does not have eternal life
5. Not asuured they will be risen, and not delivered on the last day
6. no promise they will live as long as he lives
7. can still end up lost

If the Eucharist was the flesh and blood of John 6. Then it would give all as Jesus promised the fact it does nto assure any of what Jesus promised and is not the food which endures to eternal life. then it can’t be the same

Jul 9, 2020
If it was the literal blood and body it would give anyone who ate what Jesus promised

he said they would

2. Never die
3. Live forever
4. HAS eternal life
7. Will never be lost

1. Still hunger and thirst (they have to continue eating it. It does not endure forever
7. can still end up lost

If the Eucharist was the flesh and blood of John 6. Then it would give all as Jesus promised the fact it does nto assure any of what Jesus promised and is not the food which endures to eternal life. then it can’t be the same
I think that is the best answer anyone has ever given to any question I have ever asked on this forum. Clear. Well written. I'm going to look into what you said. Good job.

E

eternally-gratefull

I think that is the best answer anyone has ever given to any question I have ever asked on this forum. Clear. Well written. I'm going to look into what you said. Good job.
Praying you see what I saw when I sat and actually studied John 6. It was mind opening.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
so various sects of Christianity having varying beliefs about communion.
Some think it's totally real. Some think it's totally symbolic. Some are sort
of in between. Everyone basically thinks everyone else is wrong.

1Cor 1:10-11 . . I appeal to you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus
Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no
divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and
thought.
_

Jul 9, 2020

he said they would

2. Never die
3. Live forever
4. HAS eternal life
7. Will never be lost

7. can still end up lost

Ok. I spent some time last night in thought about your post. A couple things:
1. Whether Jesus meant real flesh and blood or symbolic, the promises were still made. So tell me this: do people that eat symbolic communion still hunger? Can people who eat symbolic communion still spiritually die? All those things you listed could just as well have been said about people that participate in symbolic communion. Nothing about the argument is any different if it's about symbolic communion. It's exactly the same. If you disagree with that assertion, then please tell me how the nature of those promises is different if the communion is symbolic.
2. If the logic behind your observations is the same whether the communion is real or symbolic, then we have to analyze whether Jesus was lying/mistaken when he made those promises or whether our own understanding is lacking. I have more confidence that Jesus wasn't lying than I have confidence in my own analytical skills.
3. I stand by my assessment of your answer. It really challenged me to think about this from a different perspective.

Praying you see what I saw when I sat and actually studied John 6. It was mind opening.
Pray we all find the truth. That's all I want. Real. Symbolic. I don't really care. I just want the truth.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Moses' people couldn't get by on just one day's worth of manna, i.e. they
were perpetually hungry the same as if they were eating ordinary foods.

The situation was aggravated by the fact that manna couldn't be stored for
longer than one day before it spoiled; ergo: the people had to collect a fresh
batch of manna every day.

Plus, the manna couldn't sustain people's health forever. Manna did not
make them immortal, i.e. they eventually died just the same as if they were
living on ordinary foods.

Jesus is superior to manna in that there is no need to collect a fresh batch of
him on a daily basis. The first batch that people eat is the only batch they
will ever need for the rest of their lives because that one batch satisfies a
particular hunger of theirs for good, i.e. permanently.

Also; a meal of Jesus is very nutritious. It gives people eternal life and
immortality, which are things that manna couldn't do for Moses' people.

If all the above is true, then it's readily apparent just how important it is to
find out how to correctly dine upon Jesus flesh and blood.
_

Aug 20, 2021
I do know that life is not found in the land of living.but that u have 2 find the right kind of death.Then u will never hunger again.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ok. I spent some time last night in thought about your post. A couple things:
1. Whether Jesus meant real flesh and blood or symbolic, the promises were still made. So tell me this: do people that eat symbolic communion still hunger? Can people who eat symbolic communion still spiritually die? All those things you listed could just as well have been said about people that participate in symbolic communion. Nothing about the argument is any different if it's about symbolic communion. It's exactly the same. If you disagree with that assertion, then please tell me how the nature of those promises is different if the communion is symbolic.
2. If the logic behind your observations is the same whether the communion is real or symbolic, then we have to analyze whether Jesus was lying/mistaken when he made those promises or whether our own understanding is lacking. I have more confidence that Jesus wasn't lying than I have confidence in my own analytical skills.
3. I stand by my assessment of your answer. It really challenged me to think about this from a different perspective.

Pray we all find the truth. That's all I want. Real. Symbolic. I don't really care. I just want the truth.
I find the answer to your question in the passage

1. Belief

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

40 and this is the will of him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

2. The bread/ flesh blood jesus spoke of is given by the spirit. It is what we are told to BELIEVE in It is belief in these words that give life.

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.

3. Peter also understood what Jesus was speaking about. what truly gave eternal life

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [q]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Remember, These people were fed by jesus the day before (5000 people) and they followed jesus. Jesus opened the conversation by telling them to not seek for food which perishes (fish and bread0 but for spiritual food which endures to eternal life. He also knew many of them did not believe so he spoke in the way he did

the bread from heaven, His flesh (the cross which would come)

He is telling them to Gnaw and Chew on the words he was giving so that would have the opportunity to believe.

spiritual eating is listening to the word. The end result is believing in the words.

Whoever believes....

everything Jesus promised is given to those who believe..

what sadly some in the church is taken this truth, and turned it into a ceremony.

Jesus is calling for faith, They claim he is calling for us to eat this bread blood and flesh.

I hope this helps

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Just remember......Taking Communion is important, as its symbolism honors and gives love and respect to the literal sacrifice of Jesus for our sin.

However, its by FAITH that you literally "eat and drink the body and blood" of Jesus. This is how you become a literal partaker of the Bread of Life, who is Jesus the Living Bread come down from Heaven to give Himself as the eternal sacrifice to the World.
A nice bit of theological symbolism which is the invention of man to make communion ( which the NTC did not indulge in) some sort of esoteric experience with mystical overtones.