Eating less during ragweed allergy season helps me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I've recently found that eating less, during the current ragweed allergy season here - has greatly helped reduce the runniness of my nose. Before that, for a few days, I'd been sneezing and blowing my nose almost constantly. I'm glad I now know about this remedy, and maybe it will help others. I am not overweight - but during ragweed allergy season, my digestion doesn't work quite as well. So that's why it is best for me to temporarily eat less until the ragweed season is over. By the way, don't suggest any typical drugs or treatment for my allergies. They don't work for me, and I can't handle drugs. But I'm glad that God has helped me figure out how to remedy my seasonal allergies (I have them year around) in the best natural ways there may be for doing so.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
Often while sick our bodies gives us clues to if we need to eat or not. Don’t starve yourself, but if your body does not need a meal a day or less calories then listen to it. Often you see people be told while sick they need to eat something, and then they eat and throw up. I’m too busy at the moment but you don’t always need to eat sick. Often you need to keep a empty stomach and allow the body to do what it needs to do without using energy on disgusting food. Especially since much of the battles takers place in the guts.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Often while sick our bodies gives us clues to if we need to eat or not. Don’t starve yourself, but if your body does not need a meal a day or less calories then listen to it. Often you see people be told while sick they need to eat something, and then they eat and throw up. I’m too busy at the moment but you don’t always need to eat sick. Often you need to keep a empty stomach and allow the body to do what it needs to do without using energy on disgusting food. Especially since much of the battles takers place in the guts.
You're right! My brother's wife goes without food for about a week, now and then. She says it helps her feel better. I can't handle that as I'd feel worse. But everybody's body is different so we all have to figure out what works best for us.

As for me, after about a week, I think of eating less - my stomach hurt. So I went back to eating more again - but this time, increased the amount of mustard powder I eat with meals. And mustard powder is a digestive aid, and works well for me. Other digestive aids people buy - even those called "natural" do nothing for me. In any case, I'm glad to say I'm feeling better and am still free of those hayfever symptoms.

So for some - it may help to eat less temporarily, when not feeling well. But for others, they might be able to relieve their digestive - related discomforts by taking some kind of natural digestive aid, that works for them, I think (and increase amount according to what feels best).

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
You're right! My brother's wife goes without food for about a week, now and then. She says it helps her feel better. I can't handle that as I'd feel worse. But everybody's body is different so we all have to figure out what works best for us.

As for me, after about a week, I think of eating less - my stomach hurt. So I went back to eating more again - but this time, increased the amount of mustard powder I eat with meals. And mustard powder is a digestive aid, and works well for me. Other digestive aids people buy - even those called "natural" do nothing for me. In any case, I'm glad to say I'm feeling better and am still free of those hayfever symptoms.

So for some - it may help to eat less temporarily, when not feeling well. But for others, they might be able to relieve their digestive - related discomforts by taking some kind of natural digestive aid, that works for them, I think (and increase amount according to what feels best)

Also, I only eat 2 meals a day, anyhow - which is not as many as some people eat. So in that way, can be said to be somewhat of a fast.