Edit Avatar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Correction, it's the "Choose File" that doesn't bring up anything. Here's a screenshot.

Use a custom avatarDrag this image to crop it, then click Okay to confirm, or upload a new avatar below.

[Choose File]
  • Upload new custom avatar:It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 400x400 pixels.

A

akaDorthy

Correction, it's the "Choose File" that doesn't bring up anything. Here's a screenshot.

Use a custom avatarDrag this image to crop it, then click Okay to confirm, or upload a new avatar below.

[Choose File]
  • Upload new custom avatar:It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 400x400 pixels.
You mean this screen:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 1.21.44 PM.png

I hardly understand much tech stuff myself, but I think what you have to do (if you have the image saved on your device) is click the "choose file " button. it should then open your filles, highlight the one you want to use and hit "open" on the bottom of the box/screen. It should then change your image, then click "save"

hope that helps

A

akaDorthy

fyi, I'm working on a laptop, and have tons of images saved on this device, so when I click "choose file" it opens my image files to choose from"
If you don't have images saved on your device, I don't know what it would do,
and also, if you're not on a computer (ie you're using a tablet/phone etc) I don't know if it works different on phones etc.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I appreciate that.
Now that you reminded me yours is a screen shot and mine was a copy/ paste.
I'm familiar with the procedure you described and expected it to work that way. It won't open my image files.
I'm on an Android device right now, but it should work if it's compatible like other sites.. Perhaps a moderator knows why it doesn't work the way that we are familiar with and can do some kind of admin function? Do you happen to know where the moderators link is by any chance?

Thank you much!

Mar 4, 2020
When I go to add an avatar, the "add file" button doesn't function.
Am I doing something wrong?
I click it an there's no response.
Which web browser are you using? I normally use a web browser called Google Chrome and I haven’t had any issues with this site using it. Other web browsers I’ve encountered some issues.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Which web browser are you using? I normally use a web browser called Google Chrome and I haven’t had any issues with this site using it. Other web browsers I’ve encountered some issues.
I'm using brave, so maybe that's it.
OK. Brave is pretty popular, so I would think that this issue has come up before. I've not been able to find anything about this subject on the forum search engine strangely enough. I used avatars with this before, but perhaps the system isn't compatible or have the right permission or something.. ?
Thanks for the suggestion Running man.
☕🙂👍
Do you know if there are any moderators here?

Mar 4, 2020
I'm using brave, so maybe that's it.
OK. Brave is pretty popular, so I would think that this issue has come up before. I've not been able to find anything about this subject on the forum search engine strangely enough. I used avatars with this before, but perhaps the system isn't compatible or have the right permission or something.. ?
Thanks for the suggestion Running man.
☕🙂👍
Do you know if there are any moderators here?
Brave was the browser I had problems with. You may notice that if you have Brave set to block scripts then some of the functions on this website won’t work correctly. This website uses JavaScript and I think Brave has the ability to block that. So I would see if you have scripts blocked. Otherwise I recommend using Google Chrome or something else.

Yes there is 1 forum moderator (that I’m aware of) and a site administrator who is the owner.

You may try pinging Oncefallen by appending their username with an @ symbol if you want to talk to them.

I hope that helps.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
If the image size isn't right it won't work. Or if it's the wrong file type. It can be particular, so you'll sometimes have to do some work to make them fit, if you know how. Or try different options. But try to avoid gifs and make sure your file isn't too big.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
That's good to know. But right now nothing happens when the "choose file" is depressed/ clicked. I'm going to try running man's recommendations and follow up with Dorthy's step as soon as I get a chance.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That's good to know. But right now nothing happens when the "choose file" is depressed/ clicked. I'm going to try running man's recommendations and follow up with Dorthy's step as soon as I get a chance.
Is there something else preventing you from changing your avatar? I see it remains as it was :cry:

Are you accessing Christian Chat exclusively from your phone? :unsure: Do you have a laptop (or desktop)?