edit time ran out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
i'm not trying to be a problem but i wanted to know.do you click on the report post to contact an administrator so that you can edit a post after the timer expires?what i'm asking is how do i get an administrator right away. i want to edit a post,in the prayer room,but the timer ran out and i left it as is,but it is bothering me.
under
starting to fast

U

Ugly

The only way to get immediate responses is to check the chat rooms and see if moderator is on. If they're not in chats, then you're just stuck as there are not always mods logged in. Safest bet is to re-read your post before posting it.
Also, report post is designed to report inappropriate posts. Troll posts, personal attacks, wrong language, etc.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As a rule of thumb, site staff only edit posts when it is necessary because of vulgar language or other inappropriate content. With this in mind, before clicking on the "submit reply" button it is a good idea to hit the "preview post" button to make sure your post is as you want it. If after the edit time has passed you decide you need to add or clarify something, just do so in another post.

The edit time is intentionally short because in many of the faster paced threads it is possible to get multiple replies to a post in a short period of time. If someone were to edit a post after multiple replies were posted, it could alter the context of the thread.