Edom = Red. What Red means?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
ah ok yes I think baby esau was hairy.


“And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭25:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬
That's where I wasn't sure. Due to the fact that it says "Like a hairy garment." If something is "like" something, then I understand it's similar to it in any perceptional way, be it visually or acoustically etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pilgrimshope
Really? I've heard that HaShem can also mean "rocket". Do the Name and rocket basically mean the same?

Really? That's the first I've heard of that, is that within the Hebrew Language or....? because I'm pretty sure they set His Name apart and are careful not to profane it.

And to respond to your question of reality, yes, really.
 
It is taught in rabbinical circles that hairiness indicates a more carnal (animalistic) nature. Esau was a rough and tumble 'man of the field' while Jacob was a 'plain man dwelling in tents,' a homebody (Gen 25:27). Perhaps the contrast between Jacob and Esau is alluding to the earthly man and the heavenly man, when you consider the exact order of their respective blessings.

good stuff there

Not Cain the first , but Abel . Not abram the first , but Abraham , not ishmael the first but Isaac , Not esau the first , but Jacob who is Israel not the ot but the nt

abram the earthly Ishmael

“And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And

I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭13:14-16‬ ‭

but abraham the heavenly Isaac

“And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭15:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬


“And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17:3-5, 7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Abraham never settled in the land given his descendants he was as a stranger he was seeking what Gid showed him was to come through Isaac rather than the land he saw and touched

“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:8-9, 13, 16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I think what you are saying pulls the two covenants apart and shows that he’s preparing us not for what we are but for thkngs he’s for prepared for us beyond
 
That's where I wasn't sure. Due to the fact that it says "Like a hairy garment." If something is "like" something, then I understand it's similar to it in any perceptional way, be it visually or acoustically etc.

yes I’m sorry I get off track sometimes I was thinking you were talking about the impact of why he’s called “edom “

And then read someone else’s post regarding sin being repreee red by red or scarlet , plus the connection you had made out to word edom to red

I suppose that’s why I went to some of thy prophecy regarding edom , and scarlet and sin ect

but I understand ideas and thoughts get derailed pretty easily if we don’t at least try to stay on the realm of what the op is discussing

god bless
 
Does anyone have a picture of this 'hairy garment' because all Im thinking of is something like a mohair jumper.

When babies are born they can be born without hair or with hair, but this usually means their head! Not all over their body.....