Elder son.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
Last night I spoke with Josh. It´s been years since we haven´t hadtime for free sharing. He told me things I didn´t know. He has grown up enoughto take care of his life and now he seems willing to teach me, each time hesees he can.

I gave him some tips. I don´t want him to be a dad before getting aprofession, and he agreed. He introduced me to one of his girlfriends (I don´t know how many hehas got) but this is simply nice looking and I knewnothing about her, except she sleeps wholeheartedly with him. She´s not olderthan 20 and, if I were her dad, I wouldn´t like to have my daughter sleepingwith anyone who haven´t married her.

I told him to take care of her loving. He said she cares herselfto avoid pregnancy but I said he is responsible too, that I would useshields if I were him.

We spoke on some hopes and dreams a girl (or women) could have.Chances are that many will be passed by at pregnancy, since this affects bothwoman and man. We seldom know the biological father in a messy life, exceptwhen asking DNA tests. Sadly I know there were fathers who were not the realones and the joy they once felt, faded when knowing the truth of a cheatingspouse.

Josh has lived more than I. When I was his age I lacked hisexperience. I lacked God too, because it was a wild living I got. I pray hislife be changed for God´s, for his life´s benefit and I´d love to see himchanged. Elisha needs the same turnout, their mother needs to come back toGod´s ways to heal their home.

I wish I could coach my children somehow: My daughter pays so littleattention, she wants money instead; And Elisha has his own ideas... I don´tcare they don´t need me! I´m happy they are their own. They need to learnalone, but I wished I could help them.

If I were “home” I would not let Joshua or Elisha to sleepwith their girlfriends. I guess they have had several mates in a simple year.Joshua told me he thought to pay a whore while he was alone, during 9 months...I told him I never paid for that kind of sex. I could have paid something tohave a company who was not companionship, but it wasn´t love either. Irecommended him not to do so: My concern is spiritual. Morally, a sin is sin.

I thought he could see life briefly from my standpoint. I told him Ibypassed many girls who could have been good wives, but sex got me blind. I waswrong (I´m wrong) but I can´t tell him what to do, except God, in his heart.

Joshua told me he had a friend who told him about his love affairwith a rich woman. She paid his friend everything he needed or wanted...Fortunately (forthat mother and woman) Josh´s friend started to woo thedaughter of her mate and, any moment, the mother knew he was a cheater... Anyday she appeared at the man´s family house and told them the kind of man he hasbeen during their relationship and all the things she bought for him...

Joshua knows money is an issue to be “safely” engaged. He cares asmuch as he can. He is clear he needs more money to build his home (Thanks God! He is more responsiblethan I was).

What I forgot to tell you, my son, it´s do not trust you morethan God. You may think you are right, but time will tell you are or werewrong. Do not trust your eyes, your feelings nor people´s. Do not trust yourthoughts, your body shape and its strength today. Trust God, not you!

You will not find the best woman without His help. They could love youas much as they can, but you need Him to love her the way she is to get the onethat could be gotten. You need faith in Him, not in you or your ways to walklife. I can´t teach you this I´m learning. I lived your way, and I was wrong(and was wronged). What would happened if you have gone to pay a whore? What´swrong when you use people you don´t love to get sex?

Don´t miss the person you may have wanted to keep your whole life.Don´t sleep with those you would not commit yourself to be married. I wish Godgives you the ONE you have liked to love.

I tried to tell him healthy relationships need God in between. Thosewho left -after a split- didn´t find what they liked or what they seek. Thereis not a safe way to keep what does not belong. I see people leave God,somewhere and somehow. How much will I leave those I don´t love for beingcheaters or false the way I was and used to be? I said I´m not better than adozen and not worst than hundreds.

Beauty has drawn you to girls, my son, and same way they go to thosewhom they like (for the same pleasure or desire) there´s no asafe way to keep those you may cling to. That depends on your will, their willand your decisions.

I tried to tell him love is not sex. “[FONT=&quot]Man cannot live on bread alone.[/FONT]..” We need God´s direction and to be modeled by His perfect will.

What have you felt when meeting your mom embraced in other man´sarms?What do you feel when you see your dad kissed another woman who isnot your mom?What have you felt when your ex-gf (or boyfriend)kisses another?

My elder son has his own ideas. He told me he was watching “[FONT=&quot]to see who was thebest girl he finds[/FONT]”. He disliked some have tried tochange him... I said they did it for love, for his benefit, notselfishly to get him into a trap. I said tobacco is a drug; and those girls whoasked him to stop that habit did it well. I didn´t have chance to tell him: “[FONT=&quot]the best thing inworld you could give a girl is you[/FONT]” because therewere interruptions... I didn´t know how to tell him he is the possessor ofeverything he could give a woman who has accepted him -the way he is- tohelp him change WITH LOVE and for love.

He was limited in time, he planned to leave early next morning, so Iwas given a borrowed time he could have spent with his girlfriend, laid in abed... What were those things hindering me to keep my child? Think about you!Is your ex-spouse jealous for the relationship you´ve got with your children?

Joshua asked me to open a new mail account for FB. I didn´t ask whyhe wants them anew. I may infer he wants to leave his past behind, becausethere are more ways to keep present updated. Let´s say he wants to settle downand felt hindered to tell more while his time was running faster than mine.

Within a week he goes back to his military service. I said I neverwent there because I haven´t found citizenship at this country I wasborn. I avoided to be screwed up by their patriotic lies since I do not believeI´m Venezuelan while I admired him for his character, responsibility; becausehe comes to work, instead of enjoying his days off (I would enjoy myself to rest; but hecomes to make money, so he clearly understands the price he pays for his living).

I´m happy my son has found someone. That´s not the Christian way,this is not how it should be, but it is his...

Samson chose to love women outside his people. I have found outthere are differing and different beliefs withinthe same denomination, you believe one thing and I see another; so I don´t seeclearly who talks with her heart when using the tongue our social life hasstyled. I´m so far from God´s standards that I failed my whole life.

It´s easy to expect other people pay the price we have to pay forthe things we receive or those we´d like to be receiving. This is selfish. Itis us who have to pay the price for being loved. I´m selfish and egotist too,each time I´m expecting God to do it for myself. Can I play the piano withoutusing my hands? Does a guitar play its notes without anyone putting his/herfingers on different strings?

Few people would like to help you change. Some regret your changecannot be seen soon (sometimes) but the work is His...[FONT=&quot]Thebattle belongs to the Lord![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Let say my son does not like someone asks him to stop smoking ordrinking. Someday he will realize he was wrong, same way those who stubbornlysinned. He may argue alone and talk back “[FONT=&quot]he was like that[/FONT]”, but these people will help him to change: “[FONT=&quot]Iron sharpens iron[/FONT]”.

Dozen of people are praying before you and I die. They´re asking you(and me) to turn from our sins, to convert to God, to live a holy living...Will you pay attention, my son? (I love you)

Joshua told me [FONT=&quot]hesays the kind of man he is[/FONT], before being engaged...He likes alcohol, cigarettes and still being deaf to listen my warns: [FONT=&quot]Did I tell yourgrandpa died from cancer?

[/FONT]
I worship You, God! ´cause you´re the only ONE I could trust mywhole life to die or live.

I left my son with the promise he would send me a text message whenhe buys his new-brand mobile. I will give him his new FB and mail accounts sohe use them the way that could bring him life.

I wish you commit to God, my son, so He could build [FONT=&quot]with you[/FONT] an enduring home.