Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
You cannot choose to believe..... unless one has to be persuaded/convinced First.

Belief is the result of the being persuaded and then one chooses, one cannot choose prior to be persuaded.

it is pretty simple.
If I’m already persuaded, there is no need to choose to believe. I already believe, having been persuaded. Pretty simple.

Now if you mean TRUST, we’ll said. You choose to TRUST.

As to the last sentence...Chooses what?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
It means philosophy.
So since foreknowledge is impersonal in your opinion, is predestination, calling, justification, and glorification impersonal too? Or do you think Paul was mixing and confusing categories?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So since foreknowledge is impersonal in your opinion, is predestination, calling, justification, and glorification impersonal too? Or do you think Paul was mixing and confusing categories?
Nobody was “in Christ” before the foundation of the world. Nobody was “in Christ” before they were placed in Christ during their lifetime. (Eph. 1:4; 2:12; Rom. 12:5; 6:3: 16:7; 1 Cor. 12:13, 27)

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
You've no idea what Paul is saying in the book of Romans . You have a philosophy about 2 verses in Romans .
So since foreknow is an impersonal foreknowledge, if thats what you claim, is predestination, call, justification, and glorification impersonal too.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
God is pleased to save those that believe, not cause belief in those he saves. (1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 10:9-10)

Free gift unto justification of life to all men must be received. It’s not “universalism” unless irresistible grace supplants the biblical requirement to receive. (Rom. 5:11-18; Jn. 1:12; 1 Cor. 15:1-4)

“Foreknow” is being known by God in the sense of Gal. 4:9 after conversion and before glorification as if already glorified. It does not refer to any time prior to conversion. (Gal. 4:8-9; Rom. 8:29-30; 1 Pet. 1:2)

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Nobody was “in Christ” before the foundation of the world. Nobody was “in Christ” before they were placed in Christ during their lifetime. (Eph. 1:4; 2:12; Rom. 12:5; 6:3: 16:7; 1 Cor. 12:13, 27)
Who said they were? Foreknown and in Christ are not the same thing, Hoss.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
God is pleased to save those that believe, not cause belief in those he saves. (1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 10:9-10)

Free gift unto justification of life to all men must be received. It’s not “universalism” unless irresistible grace supplants the biblical requirement to receive. (Rom. 5:11-18; Jn. 1:12; 1 Cor. 15:1-4)

“Foreknow” is being known by God in the sense of Gal. 4:9 after conversion and before glorification as if already glorified. It does not refer to any time prior to conversion. (Gal. 4:8-9; Rom. 8:29-30; 1 Pet. 1:2)
The first two paragraphs are irrelevant, because I do not deny the truth of them.

Where does the Bible say foreknow is after salvation.

E

EleventhHour

Magenta said. Calvinists say they didn’t do anything to be saved.

I said. Not even believe?

You said. Belief is passive
I am defining belief.
No one can determine to put his or her faith in something unless they are persuaded... you cannot force yourself to believe apart from being convinced of its truth.

Either they are persuaded as to a proposition or they retain doubt.
Doubt precludes faith (Romans 14:23; Jas. 1:6, 7).
A single doubt about the gospel offer will keep one from saving faith.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I am defining belief.
No one can determine to put his or her faith in something unless they are persuaded... you cannot force yourself to believe apart from being convinced of its truth.

Either they are persuaded as to a proposition or they retain doubt.
Doubt precludes faith (Romans 14:23; Jas. 1:6, 7).
A single doubt about the gospel offer will keep one from saving faith.
I agree you cannot put your faith in something unless you are persuaded. Might the Holy Spirit have something to do with this persuasion that you speak of?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I agree you cannot put your faith in something unless you are persuaded. Might the Holy Spirit have something to do with this persuasion that you speak of?
John 16.8

But The Holy Spirit is the only member of the trinity who doesn’t draw in the New Testament. (Jn. 6:44; 12:32)

E

EleventhHour

Btw, Calvin agrees with you. See Calvin commentary on Ephesians 2:8-10.
I already know that... btw ... but you know Calvin could not make up his mind about stuff and contradicted himself often.

E

EleventhHour

I have never denied this.. either btw.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So since foreknow is an impersonal foreknowledge, if thats what you claim, is predestination, call, justification, and glorification impersonal too.
Again.
Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30)

Election is to service, calling and purpose, not to salvation. (Isa. 42:1; Acts 9:15; Rom. 11:28)

Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)

There are 2 callings: Gospel and vocational, not inward or outward or effectual or ineffectual, etc… (2 Thess. 2:14; Eph. 4:1; Rom. 8:28; 2 Cor. 5:20)

Christ’s life, not his death is what saves. (Rom. 5:10; 1 Cor. 15:17)

Sinner is saved by regeneration, not atonement. (Tit. 3:5)

Glorification is what’s limited, not atonement. (Rom. 3:23; 8:17-30)

E

eternally-gratefull

Again.
Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30)

Election is to service, calling and purpose, not to salvation. (Isa. 42:1; Acts 9:15; Rom. 11:28)

Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)

There are 2 callings: Gospel and vocational, not inward or outward or effectual or ineffectual, etc… (2 Thess. 2:14; Eph. 4:1; Rom. 8:28; 2 Cor. 5:20)

Christ’s life, not his death is what saves. (Rom. 5:10; 1 Cor. 15:17)

Sinner is saved by regeneration, not atonement. (Tit. 3:5)

Glorification is what’s limited, not atonement. (Rom. 3:23; 8:17-30)
Again

these are your views. But you have not proven them, and we disagree with them
Just because you post them 30 times does not mean people are going to change their views, you need to do more than this

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Again

these are your views. But you have not proven them, and we disagree with them
Just because you post them 30 times does not mean people are going to change their views, you need to do more than this
I think I've engaged on each point repeatedly. As yet I've not heard a reasonable response or any context given with the responses . Also snarky comments mainly .