Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I think I've engaged on each point repeatedly. As yet I've not heard a reasonable response or any context given with the responses . Also snarky comments mainly .
there has been many responses, you do not agree with them, it does not mean they were not reasonable, they just do not fit your perception

thats what happens in discussions, to keep repeating, as I have said, over and over again and expecting different results is like beating your head against the wall, and also makes you appear as if you think you are someone great, and peop,e should listen to you because you...

thats turns people off my friend,

Jul 20, 2019
I'm not questioning your testimony . But it doesn't mean you were chosen before you existed. From my perspective it means you believed the Gospel and God saved you .
I didnt even know the gospel, if you knew my parents you would understand why. It just came from nowhere.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Again.
Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30)

Election is to service, calling and purpose, not to salvation. (Isa. 42:1; Acts 9:15; Rom. 11:28)

Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)

There are 2 callings: Gospel and vocational, not inward or outward or effectual or ineffectual, etc… (2 Thess. 2:14; Eph. 4:1; Rom. 8:28; 2 Cor. 5:20)

Christ’s life, not his death is what saves. (Rom. 5:10; 1 Cor. 15:17)

Sinner is saved by regeneration, not atonement. (Tit. 3:5)

Glorification is what’s limited, not atonement. (Rom. 3:23; 8:17-30)
Your problem is that you state some truths but then think their veracity negates other things that are true. And other things you say are flat wrong.

For example, the golden chain has predestination BEFORE justification. So if you think predestination is on those already saved, you have saved people who are not yet justified.

I don’t have time now, but I will speak on the rest tommorow

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I would state "convinces" is a stretch... that is heading into "irresistible grace" territory.
John 16:8. the greek word means convict or reprove. Of sin, righteousness judgement. Plus He’s the Power of our testimony. Acts 1:8 and in Revelation. The Spirit and bride say come. More verses later

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Convinces? What do you mean? Scripture?
Let’s go back to draw for a moment. In John6, what phrase is used synonymously with draw.

Ie. Every man that has ————and ————- of the Father comes to me.

Does the Holy Spirit do the same? John 16:8

John146

Jan 13, 2016
When you share the gospel and someone believes, did you convince them or the Spirit.

Acts 1:8
Actually, in this passage it was Paul using the word of God.

Acts 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Actually, in this passage it was Paul using the word of God.

Acts 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.
Acts 1:8. He mightily convinced the Jews. Because He was empowered by the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8

I think I've engaged on each point repeatedly. As yet I've not heard a reasonable response or any context given with the responses . Also snarky comments mainly .
Yes....snarky comments.....hmmm.....

E

eternally-gratefull

I would state "convinces" is a stretch... that is heading into "irresistible grace" territory.
Again wih the calvinism thinking

my parents and pastor and Sunday schools convinced me that he Gospel was real, it was not irresistible anything, it just gave me confidence that the gospel and god were trustworthy

E

eternally-gratefull

if your not convinced, you will never have faith, period.