Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
James 1:18 'Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first-fruits of his creatures.'
This does not add to your theory. It affirms that God is the author and perfecter of our faith. It always begins with God'S sovereignty over His creation in all things. IN THE CONTEXT: James point is addressing trials of temptation to sin.
A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven JOHN 3:27

Toss scripture references to me without posting the text as well ( it seems you are being dismissive of me) You do this repeatedly while I always post the text; but maybe you would like to look up a few from me?

John 6:63 Romans 8:10 2 Thess 2:13 Titus 3:4 1 Peter 1:3 John 3: 3-8

I'm not even sure at this point what your real point IS.

IF i AM READING YOU CORRECTLY, YOU ARE SAYING THAT WE FIRST HEAR THE WORD AND RECEIVE IT, THEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN.......WHICH WOULD MAKE SALVATION A WORK OF THE FLESH, IN THAT GOD SEES YOUR WORK OF BELIEF AND THEN SENDS THE REGENERATION.
All has been given from heaven after John 3 . And God is pleased to save those that believe. Its through faith . Faith is not a work . Rom 3.27 .

E

EleventhHour

Agreed. (y)

Romans 4:5 also:

"5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."
Love that verse.
If this faith was a special gift to a few how can it be counted for righteousness?
People are persuaded by the truth they hear... the message has power to persuade.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
People are persuaded by the truth they hear... the message has power to persuade.
Yes, and this word ('persuaded') is how a number of versions have translated the Greek word in Acts 17:4 [bsb, nasb, esv, csv, hcsb, net bible, asv, isv... for this Greek word G3982] -

"2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ,” he declared. 4 Some of the Jews were persuaded [ *G3982 - epeisthēsan / peithó ] and joined Paul and Silas, along with a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few leading women."

[quoting from BibleHub]
*3982 peíthō (the root of 4102 /pístis, "faith") – to persuade; (passive) be persuaded of what is trustworthy.

The Lord persuades the yielded believer to be confident in His preferred-will (Gal 5:10; 2 Tim 1:12). 3982 (peíthō) involves "obedience, but it is properly the result of (God's) persuasion" (WS, 422).

[end quoting; bold and underline mine]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The ' gift ' of salvation is only through faith .
Agreed.

But in no way were we in Jesus in any sense until after we believed.
True.

Romans 8:9b -

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (and this is how we all start out as babies [born in the physical sense]).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Gods hardening of pharaoh goes waaaay back to chapter 4 of Exodus. Long before any interaction whatsoever with Moses.
Ex 4:21
And the LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.

Then again before any of the plagues.
Ex 7:3
And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Gods hardening of pharaoh goes waaaay back to chapter 4 of Exodus. Long before any interaction whatsoever with Moses.
Ex 4:21
And the LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.

Then again before any of the plagues.
Ex 7:3
And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.
What about Pharaoh? isn't he before the Gospel?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Agreed.

True.

Romans 8:9b -

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (and this is how we all start out as babies [born in the physical sense]).
No one has said either of these. He’s playing darts without a target.