Probably between 30 and 60 billion.How many people do you think was ever born?
Probably between 30 and 60 billion.How many people do you think was ever born?
Not as much as your doctrine of 5 Graces.No idea and this is getting ridiculous
If 60 billion people were in Heaven could we count up to 60 billion?Probably between 30 and 60 billion.
Not as much as your doctrine of 5 Graces.
The Reformed Doctrine.what are five graces? I've never even heard of that before.
Sure. It might take awhile. Get a good abacus.If 60 billion people were in Heaven could we count up to 60 billion?
I agree we could but when John wrote this they did not know what these numbers meant.Sure. It might take awhile. Get a good abacus.
One could argue that about much of the Bible.I agree we could but when John wrote this they did not know what these numbers meant.
I never said that, you did.
Repost me saying that.
They aren't children of wrath. They only appeared to be before they were saves. It says as others in verse 3, not are others.
You may not believe in election as some others do, but this is a horrible proof text for your argument.
Look at Sodom being rained upon with fire and brimstone. It turns out that entire area is massive volcanoes. And many times when volcanoes erupt sulfur balls and fire and brimstone would be spewed out. Whose to say God did not use volcanoes to kill them because they were blind and lava would have burnt them alive and the fact there's multiple volcanoes it might as just turned them into dust.One could argue that about much of the Bible.
All my pegs are round. In fact, they are not only round but elect also.Cutting off the edges from the square peg to make it fit the round hole.![]()
Sure. Maybe John thought it only meant a trillion.Look at Sodom being rained upon with fire and brimstone. It turns out that entire area is massive volcanoes. And many times when volcanoes erupt sulfur balls and fire and brimstone would be spewed out. Whose to say God did not use volcanoes to kill them because they were blind and lava would have burnt them alive and the fact there's multiple volcanoes it might as just turned them into dust.
Look at Revelation where it shows what we know is north of Israel and the prophecy that water and blood would cause such destruction. That area has roughly 75 volcanoes. Lava from 75 active volcanoes would look like blood and rising water like tsunami's would naturally occur with the combo. Whose to say that is not what God was saying but John only could write to his own understanding.
I think many things coming in prophecy can be explained now that could not be back then.
When Moses said life is in the blood. He didn't know that blood is trillions of cells and purifications that circulate throughout your body cleansing your organs like the liver and heart. He only knew that God said blood is life.
We definitely have advantage knowing many things that 2,000 years or in Daniel's day they were not aware of.
"Enabled" is not in the KJV, that is correct.I don't think "enabled " is in the verse. "given" is.
"Enabled" is not in the KJV, that is correct.
It looks like the NIV... which is not always my first choice.and not in the ESV, NKJV, NLT, NIV, CSB, NASB20, NASB95, LSB, NET, RSV, ASVM, DBY, WEB, HNV,
The YLT states it this way. Not sure what it is saying
[Jhn 6:44 YLT] 44 no one is able to come unto me, if the Father who
sent me may not draw him, and I will raise him up in the last day;
The BBE states it this way. Not sure of what it is saying.
[Jhn 6:44 BBE] 44 No man is able to come to me if the Father who sent me does not
give him the desire to come: and I will take him up from the dead on the last day.
The AMP states it this way. Not sure of what it is saying.
[Jhn 6:44 AMP] 44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him [giving
him the desire to come to Me]; and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.
It looks like the NIV... which is not always my first choice.
Do you disagree with the idea of God enabling us?
The verse in KJV does not say you were given, but it was given.Guess it depends upon how enabling is understood. My understanding is that it implies there is a choice: that those enabled can chose to come to Christ or not, while the sense of the KJV (and other versions) is that God will bring to Christ all those whom He had chosen
for salvation, and they alone Christ will raise on the last day. So, I believe the latter interpretation to be the correct one.
The verse in KJV does not say you were given, but it was given.
We are back again at the idea of choice. You say you were not
forced but always kick against any choice being involved.
Sorry, I was at John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no"it" was given? in verse 6:44 KJV? I don't find an "it" there.
this verse? I'm confused.
[Jhn 6:44 KJV] 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.