Elegy for the Forgotten

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
One thing that gnaws at my soul about abortion is, as I have heard others point out, that for these last 45 years we could have spent all these millions and millions of dollars on finding cures for some of the "reasons" to abort our babies! We know a lot more than we did back when abortion was legalized and can save many more babies' lives than before, but how many more than these could we even have saved!
Many abortions are performed simply because the parent/s do not wish to be responsible for bringing a child into the world, which has nothing to do with any "handicaps" the child might have due to some incurable disease or physical malformation/defect, but solely rests on the handicap the parents believe a child will be to them. Someone earlier talked as if these people are not aware that they are killing a human being, which is absolute rubbish.

F

FenceMan

Many abortions are performed simply because the parent/s do not wish to be responsible for bringing a child into the world, which has nothing to do with any "handicaps" the child might have due to some incurable disease or physical malformation/defect, but solely rests on the handicap the parents believe a child will be to them. Someone earlier talked as if these people are not aware that they are killing a human being, which is absolute rubbish.
Yes, I have heard that "convenience" is the most common reason given for an abortion - not genetic problems or the mother's life or anything else.

I mentioned ectopic pregnancies because even some very godly Christians I know will vouch for abortion if it will save the mother's life, saying it essentially cancels it out as murder since the baby is an enemy and the mother is defending herself. But I still think that answer is a little too "comfortable". We should try to preserve ALL life as much as we possibly can, and there are mothers who have refused to abort an ectopic baby and God gave them the grace to survive it and give birth.

It's a thin line and there are certainly situations that aren't as black and white as we could want, but we should never settle for an easy answer which means a little guy or little girl dies.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
My story: 1955
My father was having a sexual liaison with my mother and when she got pregnant with me I guess he didn't want to know about it or to take responsibility for being a father.
So back then in those days women who got into "trouble" would normally be forced by welfare authorities to give up their babies for adoption (abortion at this time was considered murder and a capital crime).

I don't know what happened in my case other than my mother did keep me for a while and I was placed into a Roman Catholic orphanage - I can vaguely remember nuns and cots.
In 1959 my Dad married a woman who was a single parent with one child - Suzanne.
And my adoptive mum to be made my dad go back to NSW and get me out of the orphanage by legally adopting me. Good on ya, Mum!

1: I am alive and have lived (you can stop celebrating now)
2: I have children who are alive because I am alive
3: I have grandchildren who are alive because I have lived
4: I am Spirit-filled and a Pentecostal Christian and have been given the hope and the promise of life eternal with my God - and I have witnessed to others the gospel of salvation.

So abortion is not just about one baby being ripped apart and sucked out into the trash to be incinerated - but also the denial of life to lots of other people who also could have been born, enjoyed life and had their own children.

Abortion on demand is a crime against humanity.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
And another thing while I'm on my soapbox

how is it that people who have received the privilege, the blessing of being born and alive
are so ready to deny life to others - even their own babies?

L

loverofjesus27

ITs a comfort to job :0 why is that? Fine fine i’ll read that book again. Hey i could be wrong. Was there a point here? Now that i remember i would love my child a leper thankyou very much Job. Check back with you never......baby with leper thanks. <3

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
My father was having a sexual liaison with my mother and when she got pregnant with me I guess he didn't want to know about it or to take responsibility for being a father.
So back then in those days women who got into "trouble" would normally be forced by welfare authorities to give up their babies for adoption (abortion at this time was considered murder and a capital crime).

I don't know what happened in my case other than my mother did keep me for a while and I was placed into a Roman Catholic orphanage - I can vaguely remember nuns and cots.
In 1959 my Dad married a woman who was a single parent with one child - Suzanne.
And my adoptive mum to be made my dad go back to NSW and get me out of the orphanage by legally adopting me. Good on ya, Mum!

4: I am Spirit-filled and a Pentecostal Christian and have been given the hope and the promise of life eternal with my God - and I have witnessed to others the gospel of salvation.

So abortion is not just about one baby being ripped apart and sucked out into the trash to be incinerated - but also the denial of life to lots of other people who also could have been born, enjoyed life and had their own children.

You have a personal attachment to the question about abortion that people in government, the people who make the laws, do not have.

I can only say: "let your voice be heard"...and never stop!
Amen!

T

Tinuviel

I understand a little. My parents never considered abortion for me...but if I had been born in another time...another place...to other people...It could have been me. My mummy was told after my twin brothers were born emergency C-section that having more children would endanger her life. So my parents didn't plan to have any more children. But I botched up their plans just four years later, by announcing my intended arrival into the world. Many times, my mother has told me how terrified she was all through that pregnancy. Yet she decided to keep me, even though she knew she was risking her life. Her life was worth much. Daughter, sister, aunt, mother, wife. There were already 8 little ones to care for. Her life was important. Yet she chose me. And she lived to raise me to an adult! I have had 18 lovely, precious years with my mother. I have cherished each one since I knew how much they deserved to be cherished.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I'm glad you're here.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
To God life is sacred and very precious.

And yet with the un-Godliness of evolution and the rise of social Darwinism (with its worst expressions of fascism and communism) human life is no longer sacred and the genocides begin.
Historians often argue why was the 20th century the most warring and genocidal century ever?
Darwinism has a lot to do with it. Humans are merely animals, canon or factory fodder.
Survival becomes might is right.
Religion is a panacea without truth. Thus Mao, Stalin, Hitler and others create their own religion and seek to be worshipped and feared.
And the best way for a dictator to be feared is by killing lots and lots of people.
Killing is the new norm.

Last edited:
T

Tinuviel

To God life is sacred and very precious.

And yet with the un-Godliness of evolution and the rise of social Darwinism (with its worst expressions of fascism and communism) human life is no longer sacred and the genocides begin.
Historians often argue why was the 20th century the most warring and genocidal century ever?
Darwinism has a lot to do with it. Humans are merely animals, canon or factory fodder.
Survival becomes might is right.
Religion is a panacea without truth. Thus Mao, Stalin, Hitler and others create their own religion and seek to be worshipped and feared.
And the best way for a dictator to be feared is by killing lots and lots of people.
Killing is the new norm.
And yet these same people who kill babies are horrified over school shootings. Logic! Where has logic gone? Since when has man decided when life begins?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
And yet these same people who kill babies are horrified over school shootings. Logic! Where has logic gone? Since when has man decided when life begins?
Logic and consistency in politics do not exist. For politics is the expression of values. And if people get their values from political correctness they are free to construct any set of contradictions.
So killing babies is OK because sex without responsibility is OK.

The malaise is not so much a lack of logic but hearts that have allowed the power of sin to rule them.
They are blind to their own sin for they have no revelation of God by which to measure themselves against.

F

FenceMan

Logic and consistency in politics do not exist. For politics is the expression of values. And if people get their values from political correctness they are free to construct any set of contradictions.
So killing babies is OK because sex without responsibility is OK.

The malaise is not so much a lack of logic but hearts that have allowed the power of sin to rule them.
They are blind to their own sin for they have no revelation of God by which to measure themselves against.

And that's another thing that really irks me...

I know some babies are born through rape. But so often this is not the case and both the man and the woman knew what they were doing and the potential consequences. How dare the parents deny a child life because of their own dumb decision! It doesn't get any more selfish than that... :(

Also, thank you so much for those of you who have shared your stories! And Waggles, it's a great blessing to be able to hear your voice - a voice that was almost silenced.

L

loverofjesus27

MY mom told me once i was conceived in love but was thinking of aborting i don’t know the exact reason....anyway i think it was a lie so i wouldn’t feel bad about aborted babies because the same thing could’ve happened to me. So maybe i’m just glad that i am alive.....( my mother could’ve had blasphemous thoughts)

T

Tinuviel

And that's another thing that really irks me...

I know some babies are born through rape. But so often this is not the case and both the man and the woman knew what they were doing and the potential consequences. How dare the parents deny a child life because of their own dumb decision! It doesn't get any more selfish than that... :(

Also, thank you so much for those of you who have shared your stories! And Waggles, it's a great blessing to be able to hear your voice - a voice that was almost silenced.
They'll always throw rape up at you. Yeah, that happens and that is horrifying. But in fact, only 2% of the abortions done are for rape victims. 2%!

F

FenceMan

They'll always throw rape up at you. Yeah, that happens and that is horrifying. But in fact, only 2% of the abortions done are for rape victims. 2%!
Thanks for the statistic, Tinuviel! I didn't know it was that small of a percentage.

T

Tinuviel

Thanks for the statistic, Tinuviel! I didn't know it was that small of a percentage.
You're welcome. They really don't want you to know, which is why you don't hear about it. That's in the USA, btw. I don't have stats for other places.

L

loverofjesus27

2% is still a lot. There shouldn’t be any percent. Its an abomination.

T

Tinuviel

2% is still a lot. There shouldn’t be any percent. Its an abomination.
Which I totally agree with. But when you start talking to someone about abortion, they always bring up "what about the rape victims?" For one thing...why is the CHILD getting punished for the sin of someone else, but they don't see it like that. I've had someone totally swallow their tongue when I say. "Sure, yeah. So that's 2%. Now what about the other 98%?" NOT that I agree with abortion after rape, it is just a shockingly low stat to throw at someone.

F

FenceMan

Which I totally agree with. But when you start talking to someone about abortion, they always bring up "what about the rape victims?" For one thing...why is the CHILD getting punished for the sin of someone else, but they don't see it like that. I've had someone totally swallow their tongue when I say. "Sure, yeah. So that's 2%. Now what about the other 98%?" NOT that I agree with abortion after rape, it is just a shockingly low stat to throw at someone.
Definitely. The man who raped the woman should be tracked down and charged accordingly, but does the baby deserve a death sentence for something he or she had absolutely no control over? They didn't ask to be born! Children conceived in rape most definitely deserve the same right to life as any other baby.

It's a horrible thing for the mother, I'm sure. But still not a good enough reason to kill a baby.

revken1

Nov 2, 2017
I know how that is i went to a friends abortion i am now totally against it