EMDR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

i know this section is more about physical health, but there is no mental health section to post it. And i don't want it lost in Misc. so i'm trying here first.
Is anyone familiar with EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)? My therapist suggested it for me, and while so far i can't find anything questionable to it, mentally or spiritually, i thought i might put it out there and see if anyone is more familiar with it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I've read a bit about it over the years, from what I understand it is one of the most successful treatments for PTSD.

U

Ugly

Yes, this is what my therapist said. I was just making sure there was nothing questionable behind it. But from what i've read i can't see anything bad.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
They use it on a lot of soldiers who have suffered trauma from going to war.

It's one of the popular treatments with a high success rate.

U

Ugly

Yes, i was told it is the best treatment for PTSD. Which i don't have. Just long term depression and self esteem issues. According to what i understand of it, i'm not entirely sure how it would work for me. I mean, how i could do the treatment since it seems to hinge on specific events. Much of what i feel is not so much events that made me feel this way, but i felt this way and events seemed to reinforce it. I guess i should ask my brain doc those questions haha. Going to tell her i will try it, since i've not found anything spiritually questionable about it.