Emerging Artist

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PAC-fit

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2018
1,006
547
113
This is a brief artist’s tale of a commission I stumbled onto dating back to 1981, shortly after entering my first commercial outdoor advertising studio which consisted of many artistic and illustrative signage of standardized large full-format that oft accompanied the straightforward, everyday signage.

One day, the owner, a true life media tycoon, Don Reynolds sent his right-hand man to one of his Oklahoma plants to summon one of us painters to select among us who should generate a “watercolor of his racehorse and jet in the background”. I was the one among eight artist they all chose.

Although I only had a handful of commissions up to that point, I had no ideal what was about to test my then lack of foresight of what could have been a very lucrative commission. By that I mean, although I was handed pics of the steed on a ‘slow-walker’ showing his color and markings and his jet, I should have taken it upon myself to research and rented a professional camera for track-side reference. Nope, coming from a racehorse family experience myself, I chose to churn out a conceptional piece.

Results: I think the D.R. organization was kind enough to upgrade my monetary request to about $300.00 for the conservative sized work and only a verbal thank you. Today, I call that opportunity my one billion dollar bomb (no pic available).

FYI, To all aspiring or emerging artist, while these types of connections are non-existent, do endeavor to consider every opportunity to it’s absolute fullest potential.
 
This is a brief artist’s tale of a commission I stumbled onto dating back to 1981, shortly after entering my first commercial outdoor advertising studio which consisted of many artistic and illustrative signage of standardized large full-format that oft accompanied the straightforward, everyday signage.

One day, the owner, a true life media tycoon, Don Reynolds sent his right-hand man to one of his Oklahoma plants to summon one of us painters to select among us who should generate a “watercolor of his racehorse and jet in the background”. I was the one among eight artist they all chose.

Although I only had a handful of commissions up to that point, I had no ideal what was about to test my then lack of foresight of what could have been a very lucrative commission. By that I mean, although I was handed pics of the steed on a ‘slow-walker’ showing his color and markings and his jet, I should have taken it upon myself to research and rented a professional camera for track-side reference. Nope, coming from a racehorse family experience myself, I chose to churn out a conceptional piece.

Results: I think the D.R. organization was kind enough to upgrade my monetary request to about $300.00 for the conservative sized work and only a verbal thank you. Today, I call that opportunity my one billion dollar bomb (no pic available).

FYI, To all aspiring or emerging artist, while these types of connections are non-existent, do endeavor to consider every opportunity to it’s absolute fullest potential.

That was quite a gift from the Lord to put all of that together for you. Sometimes He has blessed us with the unexpected and impossible.
Those are the best ones.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PAC-fit and Ceph
That was quite a gift from the Lord to put all of that together for you. Sometimes He has blessed us with the unexpected and impossible.
Those are the best ones.
Yes, thank God for those! Including the things we find ourselves incapable of processing appropriately.
Don Reynolds Jet.jpg