Emmanuel (which means, God with us)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
I sometimes state my belief that Jesus is “God in flesh.” I think I get that from this Scripture:
[23] "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matt 1:23 RSV

Feb 24, 2010
The Mystery of God, we may never understand.

Understand that he took away apart of his Godliness, & came down as a vunerable baby.

He did not his omnipotent power at this time. I'm sure Jesus as a baby was not thinking to himself.."I better not talk yet or i'll freak mary & Joseph out!"

He grew up like a normal human being, having the Fathers spirit guiding/protecting him. Ofcourse we do know he did have alot of knowledge as a teenager, as it is written that he went into the temple asking questions & amazing people with his understanding & i think he was 12 around that time.

But if you hear Jesus words. He says the Father shows the son everything he does. He is the Son, & therefore the Father has authority over him. He may have been God on earth. But he did not use his powers because he knew they would have came from his Father & that was NOT his fathers will at the time.

Jesus was born for a purpose. & Yes Jesus is Lord. He is God. But God the Father is different from Jesus.

For it is written:

After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.
Matthew 16:19

The father has an image. Just not on this earth. Jesus is our Lord on this earth & in heaven because that is the Fathers will.

May 21, 2009
I like to think that Mary was used to show us all we have to do is say yes Lord and God will come live inside of us.

Jul 6, 2010
Have you read Isaiah 8: 6 ? For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.... Pretty convincing stuff. But to understand the Word is to truly understand passages like these. Jesus is not God come in the flesh. He constanty told us that His God was talking through Him. His God did the works. His God dwelling inside of Him. On the cross He cried out to His God, My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me? The mystery of the Word is answered in that plea.

Dec 19, 2009
Have you read Isaiah 8: 6 ? For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.... Pretty convincing stuff. But to understand the Word is to truly understand passages like these. Jesus is not God come in the flesh. He constanty told us that His God was talking through Him. His God did the works. His God dwelling inside of Him. On the cross He cried out to His God, My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me? The mystery of the Word is answered in that plea.
I like your answer here

L

Logos57

In Isaiah 9:6 Jesus is called the mighty God, than in Isaiah 10:21 YHWH is called mighty God. So I believe this is stating that Jesus is the Second member of the Godhead.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Jesus spoke thee word to the Jewish people who than took up stones to stone Him John 8:59. Why would they want to stone Him by saying "I AM" Jesus was saying I'm God.

Paul says that Jesus is God in Philippians 2:5-8. And yes Jesus did call YHWH, God.
But YHWH calls Jesus God.
Hebrews 1:8-9
8) But unto the Son He saith. Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above they fellows.
(see also Psalms 45:6-7).

I Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So yes I believe that Jesus is Almighty God come in the flesh, but I believe that He also willingly submits Himself to His Father and calls Him God, just like a woman is equal to a man in marriage but God's mandate is that a man has authority in the marriage.
I Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Many will say that the verse above says God the Father is greater than Christ, no it says the Father has authority over Christ just as in a Christian marriage the woman is equal to the man, but the man has authority over the woman. The only head that is truely greater is Christ the head of man.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009

So Jesus is not God?

D

Dmurray

After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Matthew 16:19
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold,a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
There is only One throne in Heaven according to Scripture, and the lamb sits upon it.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The father has an image. Just not on this earth. Jesus is our Lord on this earth & in heaven because that is the Fathers will
According to Scripture we serve an invisible God (Col 1:15) and Jesus was God manifest in the flesh (1 Ti 3:16) and he has all of God's attributes (Col 2:9)

Praise God for His Truth through his Scripture and revelation!

D

Dmurray

Jesus is God. He had the flesh of man but the Spirit of God. Therefore he had all the temptations we do and carnality, but having the Spirit of God he was able to overcome them! Praise God!

C

charisenexcelcis

Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold,a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
There is only One throne in Heaven according to Scripture, and the lamb sits upon it.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

According to Scripture we serve an invisible God (Col 1:15) and Jesus was God manifest in the flesh (1 Ti 3:16) and he has all of God's attributes (Col 2:9)

And I saw between the thone with the four living creatures and the elders a Lamb standing as if slain having seven horns and seven eyes which are the sevenfold spirits of God sent out into all the earth. And He (the Lamb) came and He took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
Rev. 5:6-7 Two persons here, the Lamb and the One who sits on the throne.

R

reformed101

Im not sure what the question here is ? I thought God with us meant that he came and was with us and is with us . Pointing to his coming and being here on earth .but maybe im wrong

Jun 29, 2010
Jesus is God. He had the flesh of man but the Spirit of God. Therefore he had all the temptations we do and carnality, but having the Spirit of God he was able to overcome them! Praise God!
I agree with you DMurry jesus is God, but He was more than a body containing the Spirit of God. He was fully man with a human body, human soul, and human Spirit. However this is the mystery of godliness He was also God, God the Father in the flesh 1st Timothy 3:16.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009

You should continue reading until you have read the first paragraph of Revelation chapter 5, and then wonder at who is on the throne and hands the book with the 7 seals to the Lamb.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
And I saw between the thone with the four living creatures and the elders a Lamb standing as if slain having seven horns and seven eyes which are the sevenfold spirits of God sent out into all the earth. And He (the Lamb) came and He took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
Rev. 5:6-7 Two persons here, the Lamb and the One who sits on the throne.
Sorry David, I did not see this before I posted below.

Blessings brother,

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I sometimes state my belief that Jesus is “God in flesh.” I think I get that from this Scripture:

Jesus is God in the flesh, However, He is not the Father(God) in the flesh, it is at this point you could easily fall for heretical talk about who God is, His attributes and nature.

Blessings

Phil

Jun 29, 2010
Jesus is God in the flesh, However, He is not the Father(God) in the flesh, it is at this point you could easily fall for heretical talk about who God is, His attributes and nature.

Blessings

Phil
If he is not the Father then He is not God. Listen to the words of christ.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

According to Jesus there is but One God the Father, and Paul confirms this.

1st Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Do you ignore these plain statements in scripture?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
If he is not the Father then He is not God. Listen to the words of christ.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

According to Jesus there is but One God the Father, and Paul confirms this.

1st Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Do you ignore these plain statements in scripture?
LOL you guys make me laugh, you do try hard.

I whole heartedly agree with those scripture, praise God. However, I wholeheartedly disagree with your false use of them!

Blessings

Phil

Jun 29, 2010
LOL you guys make me laugh, you do try hard.

I whole heartedly agree with those scripture, praise God. However, I wholeheartedly disagree with your false use of them!

Blessings

Phil
You do not believe the Father is the only God for you believe in God the son, and God the holy Spirit as well

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Feb 9, 2010
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory(1 Timothy 3:16).

The Bible says Jesus is God manifest in the flesh.

Some people may not understand this for God is bigger than a human body and the Bible says that the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain God.

When the Bible says God was manifest in the flesh it means that God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus,for it pleased the Father that in Him all fulness should dwell,He is given the Spirit without measure,and is the fulness of the Godhead in a bodily manifestation.

We are the same as the Son except He has the fulness of God's attributes where the saints have partial attributes.

The Son,the man Christ Jesus,is the personal human body of God,and the way the saints will see the invisible God for all eternity.God glorified that human body and sits on the throne in heaven in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus,for it is the throne of both God and the Lamb.Jesus is God's visible relationship to the saints and the only way the saints will see the invisible in heaven.

The Holy Spirit is God's invisible relationship to the saints.

Matt