Emotional Abuse - Part 1 Blog

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
​

As Christians, we are not exempt from the problems of the world. Many of us ask for prayers in tough situations. In fact, some prayer requests I have read even recount signs of emotional abuse. Emotional abuse seems to surface often in romantic relationships and parent-child relationships, but it could be in employment settings or friendships, etc.

Signs of emotional abuse include:

  • Blaming when it is inappropriate. Abusers cannot accept their own faults. They rarely apologize and will most often shift their own blame to the victim.
  • Manipulating the victim's emotions by rejecting him/her. It is healthy sometimes for an angry person to walk away and cool off, but an abuser might refuse to communicate for the purpose of controlling their victim's emotions.
  • Humiliating and isolating the victim. Abusers will often call their victim names and keep them from maintaining healthy friendships.

If you think you are the victim of emotional abuse, know that God cares deeply for you. He knows your pain and wants to help. Victims must find the peace that comes only from God when the abuser becomes angry and abusive. They should be aware they are highly treasured no matter how the abuser tries to manipulate them. Even when the storms blow, we can keep calm and recite the truth of God's Word about ourselves as the children of God.

I strongly recommend prayer, supportive friends, scheduling a talk with your pastor, and the help of a Christian counselor. They will be your best resource since they can gain a good understanding of your particular situation.
 
Kbond, that was a very good and Truthful Post! Thank You
I wish that I could create a blog exposing the Tremendous amount
of Emotion Abuse that women get from men and there husband's!
But I know that I would be in very hot water if I did! But for me,
being a Christian for 35 years, the Holy Spirit has always been so
very grieved in my heart with all the Emotional Abuse that I have seen from the husband toward his wife. And that's in Christianity,
and in the world! At some times, I have become so ashamed of how
emotionally abusive a brother was to his wife right out in front of every one! I honestly felt like going over to him, and throw him down on the floor, and pound the dickens out on his rear end until he learned how to treat his wife like a Lady and with Respect! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but the Holy Spirit is a Gentleman, and I think he is very Grieved as well about it! And the other thing about it that is so sad, is most of it happens behind closed doors. And the emotion wounds can be so severe, that it could take a life time to heal, and maybe never heal! I have several blogs that I feel the Lord has put on my heart, that can help some in this area! One is on how a Man Biblically Loving a Women! It will step on many brothers toes, but it must be dealt with, and in detail it will be! But in a nut shell, a man should love and treat his wife, the same way that the Holy Spirit
Loves and treats him! The Holy Spirit is very gentle and timid and Loves Unconditionally! On another blog after that will be on DEATH AND LIFE ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TUONGE!
And between you and me, I will slide some of Gods feelings about Emotional Abuse in there! Please pray for me, I might and probably will get a lot of critical, unkind, and hateful comments, Which really is coming from people who are not filled with the Holy Spirit!

Oh I'm so sorry I left such a large comment, my heart just hurts for so many ladies who are so, so wounded and hurting from being beaten up emotionally! God Bless You again for your Post, bro.Derek


 
Thanks for the comment, Derek! I LOVE your blog. We think alike in the Spirit that binds His children together. God bless!