emotions are in my way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I keep relying on my emotions of rather or not I will end up doing something. My emotions have been leading me more than I would like.
After I had made a conscious decision to change a wrong reaction I had I found myself still acting in the way I decided not to. I was aware of thoughts I had that seemed to come out of nowhere and led me wrong.

I searched books for reasons for this and found we have the subconscious mind, a mind that remembers all our yesterdays. I think the Holy Spirit works for some people, changing the subconscious. For me, I had to work at it. Books are the best source for how to do this.

Remember that thoughts are very powerful and we need to watch our input into the mind. Scripture has the highest and best of thought. The mind retains everything, even if our conscious mind does not. I even watch what I read, being sure it is not dirt going to my mind but clean water.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I keep relying on my emotions of rather or not I will end up doing something. My emotions have been leading me more than I would like. has anyone else struggled with this and can tell how they got out of this? or any advice would be nice
Oh boy howdy do they... I honestly believe that our whole walk, especially for women, is to grow our mind, body, and emotions; asking a lot of forgiveness as we learn to line up our whole selves with the word, this is how we study to be approved. lol. We learn what He expects from us and what He wants us to do when we fall short and then, hopefully, with His help we will rise our souls to Him.