emotions are in my way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YHello

Aug 12, 2018
I keep relying on my emotions of rather or not I will end up doing something. My emotions have been leading me more than I would like. has anyone else struggled with this and can tell how they got out of this? or any advice would be nice

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Emotions are not the problem if they are directed at righteousness. It is OK to be emotional in hating evil and loving righteousness.

Reading Psalm 119 is a good investment of one's time as they endeavor to grow in the admonition and nurture of the Lord.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
Emotions are not the problem if they are directed at righteousness. It is OK to be emotional in hating evil and loving righteousness.

Reading Psalm 119 is a good investment of one's time as they endeavor to grow in the admonition and nurture of the Lord.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Can you give me an example of righteousness?

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Can you give me an example of righteousness?

A righteous person is someone who lives upright, after first having been cleansed from his former sins – which occurs upon repentance.

YHello

Aug 12, 2018

For the cause of Christ
Roger
thanks for the amazing Bible chapter

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I keep relying on my emotions of rather or not I will end up doing something. My emotions have been leading me more than I would like. has anyone else struggled with this and can tell how they got out of this? or any advice would be nice
YHello,
I can only imagine with the brief description here that you are 'self-aware' of your emotional response and your ensuing behavior and/or decisions based upon the emotional buildup... Does that make sense, or resemble what you are experiencing or struggling with?

If it is that I interpret your self-awareness as being key to your ability to make your way out of being 'stuck' in these 'emotional slumps' so to speak...

When we feel stuck, it can be because of our fear, anxiety, depression or inability to open our minds, so addressing these issues might naturally lead us to becoming unstuck.

Some people change their whole lives overnight and that can work, but most of us need to start slowly, making tiny changes and building confidence. Learning to listen to our intuition and acting on it can help us find the right path to help us become unstuck.

Good Luck, keep us posted... If you are able to adapt successfully on your own that is great - if you continue to struggle, you might consider a counselor for assistance...

God Bless

YHello

Aug 12, 2018
YHello,
I can only imagine with the brief description here that you are 'self-aware' of your emotional response and your ensuing behavior and/or decisions based upon the emotional buildup... Does that make sense, or resemble what you are experiencing or struggling with?

If it is that I interpret your self-awareness as being key to your ability to make your way out of being 'stuck' in these 'emotional slumps' so to speak...

When we feel stuck, it can be because of our fear, anxiety, depression or inability to open our minds, so addressing these issues might naturally lead us to becoming unstuck.

Some people change their whole lives overnight and that can work, but most of us need to start slowly, making tiny changes and building confidence. Learning to listen to our intuition and acting on it can help us find the right path to help us become unstuck.

Good Luck, keep us posted... If you are able to adapt successfully on your own that is great - if you continue to struggle, you might consider a counselor for assistance...

God Bless
Yeah that is exactly how I feel, like a tiny. stressed stressed stressed goes up than numb numb numb all the way down.

good idea! I usually just quickly change but I forget there are times where we need to do it slowly too. Thank you very much. how would you like me to keep you posted? The good and the bad? or just the good? or just the bad?

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
YHello,

Some people change their whole lives overnight and that can work, but most of us need to start slowly, making tiny changes and building our confidence. Learning to listen to our intuition and acting on it can help us find the right path to help us become unstuck.

God Bless
Yeah that is exactly how I feel, like a tiny. stressed stressed stressed goes up than numb numb numb all the way down.

good idea! I usually just quickly change but I forget there are times where we need to do it slowly too. Thank you very much. how would you like me to keep you posted? The good and the bad? or just the good? or just the bad?
I'm/cc are always open to allowing you to decide to share as much as you feel is warranted on your journey toward concurring your struggles...

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
it's late... 'conquering'...

YHello

Aug 12, 2018
YHello,

Some people change their whole lives overnight and that can work, but most of us need to start slowly, making tiny changes and building our confidence. Learning to listen to our intuition and acting on it can help us find the right path to help us become unstuck.

God Bless

I'm/cc are always open to allowing you to decide to share as much as you feel is warranted on your journey toward concurring your struggles...
ok thank you very very much

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Feb 28, 2016
absolutely no-one can become 'un-stuck', without our Saviour's Loving intervention...
other wise, any attempts will only be futile...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Next time you have to make a decision, take a blank piece of paper and make two columns. The first column will have the heading "Emotional Responses" and the second column will have the heading "Rational Responses".

After you have written down everything, take some time to see what makes perfect sense and what does not. Then go and take action.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
I still struggle with this, especially in anger. I read a book once that helped me a bit, but I can't recall the title of it now. I have to purposely make myself "TAF" (Think-Act-Feel) instead of allowing myself to be "FAT" (Feel-Act-Think ) Once I began purposely remembering this, I started to become more rational in my anger, and I was better able to pick my battles. Often it takes saying a small prayer for strength in the moment. I wish I could remember the book title now. It might have been Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer, but I think it the one I read right before then. I think it was actually a Biblically written diet book actually lol Instead of getting upset and eating her feelings, she learned that by thinking first and feeling last, she was better able to control her emotions and not need to stress eat as much....was the basic gist of the idea....can't say if it works for dieting, since I don't stress eat and tend to stop eating completely when stressed. But it does help me overall keep my emotions in check.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I still struggle with this, especially in anger. I read a book once that helped me a bit, but I can't recall the title of it now. I have to purposely make myself "TAF" (Think-Act-Feel) instead of allowing myself to be "FAT" (Feel-Act-Think ) Once I began purposely remembering this, I started to become more rational in my anger, and I was better able to pick my battles. Often it takes saying a small prayer for strength in the moment. I wish I could remember the book title now. It might have been Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer, but I think it the one I read right before then. I think it was actually a Biblically written diet book actually lol Instead of getting upset and eating her feelings, she learned that by thinking first and feeling last, she was better able to control her emotions and not need to stress eat as much....was the basic gist of the idea....can't say if it works for dieting, since I don't stress eat and tend to stop eating completely when stressed. But it does help me overall keep my emotions in check.
Just wanted to let you know I think your name is great! I chuckle everytime I see it. :)
Happy day to you!!

Oct 7, 2018
how about a prayer.
Please help this heart of mine, God change me, help overcome this burden that is hindering me from moving forward confidently in any direction. Renew my faith in your answers and your way so that I am may receive blessings and transformation from you. Please help me separate my selfish nature from your true nature when making decisions and speaking to you Dear God. Help me to have faith in Who You say I am so that may gain wisdom and continue on Your Journey that’s been perfectly laid out for me. Please remove my unbelief in the promise that you have my story written, And that I can use my own confidence to trust my knowledge that has been perfectly gifted to me by You, for Your perfect will.
In the name of Jesus
❤️