Empaths and Christianity

• Thread starter TemporaryCircumstances
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 13, 2017
​God forbids all occult practices so..no
Demi....For every counterfeit thing Satan has, God has the real thing. Do you want to throw out the real thing too? Just askin'

May 13, 2017
Honestly, had not heard of this one before, "Empaths" that is. Had to do a search on it. This is what I found.

An Empath
is a person who can psychically tune in to the emotional experience of a person, place or animal. In the paranormal and in some works of science fiction and fantasy, highly developed empathy is a psychic ability to sense the emotions of others and often highly aware of the health and state of mind of their loved ones, no matter how physically near or far away the individuals may be. It can be challenging for empaths to function healthily in society if they are unaware that they have this sensitivity and often opt to be alone.

Empath Guide | What Is An Empath

Hmm, I really don't have an opinion on this, sorry. But from what I have read, it seems some people relate Romans, Chapter 12 to the justification of Christian Empaths. Not saying it is true, just saying.
From my experience an empath, at least the Christian ones don't "Tune in" They just know and or feel what the other person feels .....

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
This came to mind:

John 21

5So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep

The Messiah would prove people even though He knows all things...

GOD knows all things.. we can not hide anything inwardly...

i have lived life being able to read a person without trying.. or even wanting to at times... like Kate said.. I too genuinely feel pain and sadness of others... empathy... but I also can sense a deceiver...

I have seen evil in people by their eyes it is not me judging .... it is something I don't tune in to.... it is just there and as been.. obviously the intent of others practising such things for evil or gain is different to those who don't misuse...

Many desire me as a comfort in times of need because they say I calm them... I don't believe it is anything of me but all of Heavenly Father and the Messiah...

nothing should be misused.

Cynthia412

Dec 15, 2017
​God forbids all occult practices so..no

How can sensing another’s pain, and wanting to help, be considered an occult practice?
How about this? Let’s create a new name, other than empath, to describe this God-given spiritual gift!
Ideas, anyone?

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. First Corinthians 1:4.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Demi....For every counterfeit thing Satan has, God has the real thing. Do you want to throw out the real thing too? Just askin'
God has dicernment.Not empathy. Dont try to play that game with aa ex occultist. I know God's side and satans

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany

How can sensing another’s pain, and wanting to help, be considered an occult practice?
How about this? Let’s create a new name, other than empath, to describe this God-given spiritual gift!
Ideas, anyone?

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. First Corinthians 1:4.
An empath is a person who works through a spirit of divination. That is not of God.
Theres a difference between God given and satanic. We were talking about satanic

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Why do people keep mixing up God given discernment/being an empathetic person and being an empath. Can someone explain that to me

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why do people keep mixing up God given discernment/being an empathetic person and being an empath. Can someone explain that to me
Because they would rather not accept the fact that empaths (who may or may not be Christian) have tremendous psychic powers (according to their own claims). Psychics do not claim to have God-given discernment.

An Empath is a person who can psychically tune in to the emotional experience of a person, place or animal. In the paranormal and in some works of science fiction and fantasy, highly developed empathy is a psychic ability to sense the emotions of others and often highly aware of the health and state of mind of their loved ones, no matter how physically near or far away the individuals may be. It can be challenging for empaths to function healthily in society if they are unaware that they have this sensitivity and often opt to be alone.

http://www.empathguide.com/

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Because they would rather not accept the fact that empaths (who may or may not be Christian) have tremendous psychic powers (according to their own claims). Psychics do not claim to have God-given discernment.

An Empath is a person who can psychically tune in to the emotional experience of a person, place or animal. In the paranormal and in some works of science fiction and fantasy, highly developed empathy is a psychic ability to sense the emotions of others and often highly aware of the health and state of mind of their loved ones, no matter how physically near or far away the individuals may be. It can be challenging for empaths to function healthily in society if they are unaware that they have this sensitivity and often opt to be alone.

http://www.empathguide.com/
I dont need any definitions. I was one myself. It just annoys me when people try excusing satan as of God

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
WarWizard.jpg
Your Super Serious Title is:
The Wild Empath

Your Total Score: 53 out of 80
Your Out of Control Healer Score: 6 out of 10
Your Protection Tools Score: 16 out of 25
How Much You Mirror Others Unconsciously Score: 14 out of 15
Your Appreciation for Nature Score: 2 out of 10

You scored pretty high on the overall results It is highly likely that you are an empath.

You are pretty intuitive and can usually tell when people are lying. You may want to look into getting energy work and healing done on your second chakra. Usually people that prefer to be around water have blocks in their second chakras. You like the hustle and bustle of the city! This is highly unusual for empaths! You are completely indifferent to animals and plants. You would benefit from meditating in a remote forest. But you have a gift for influencing the moods, energies, atmospheres, and environments around you.

It looks like once in a while other people's energy effects you. You scored extremely poorly on the "Mirroring Others Unconsciously" portion of the quiz. It looks like you have a tendency to mirror other people and their energy. Your score indicates that you would benefit from learning to recognize your own energy vs other people's and cord removal most likely.

You are pretty good at protecting your aura and energy space, but might benefit from energy work. Hmm. Looks like you may need to take a look at who you are healing unconsciously...

I took the test at
EmpathTest.com - Are you an Empath?it looks like they got me , blaaa :p

Last edited:

buronic

Sep 15, 2018
God forbids all occult practices so..no
I agree, some people get opened up thru abuse and or fasting..watch man nee wrote a book called "Latent power of the soul" "latent" is another word for hidden..Occult is hidden..to know things aside from God would be scary because you don't know the Source..others can tell things by just the body language of others and they do put off an energy an electrical kind that is unclean and dirty.. so what people are feeling is familiar to them thus we have the term familiar Spirit..

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Knowledge of the hidden exists today in China. Where those who love Christ have to worship in secret to avoid being punished by the communist government.
Empathy is not a sin. Nor is it of the enemy. 92 Bible verses about Empathy.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
View attachment 177060
Your Super Serious Title is: The Wild Empath

Your Total Score: 53 out of 80
Your Out of Control Healer Score: 6 out of 10
Your Protection Tools Score: 16 out of 25
How Much You Mirror Others Unconsciously Score: 14 out of 15
Your Appreciation for Nature Score: 2 out of 10

You scored pretty high on the overall results It is highly likely that you are an empath.

You are pretty intuitive and can usually tell when people are lying. You may want to look into getting energy work and healing done on your second chakra. Usually people that prefer to be around water have blocks in their second chakras. You like the hustle and bustle of the city! This is highly unusual for empaths! You are completely indifferent to animals and plants. You would benefit from meditating in a remote forest. But you have a gift for influencing the moods, energies, atmospheres, and environments around you.

It looks like once in a while other people's energy effects you. You scored extremely poorly on the "Mirroring Others Unconsciously" portion of the quiz. It looks like you have a tendency to mirror other people and their energy. Your score indicates that you would benefit from learning to recognize your own energy vs other people's and cord removal most likely.

You are pretty good at protecting your aura and energy space, but might benefit from energy work. Hmm. Looks like you may need to take a look at who you are healing unconsciously...

I took the test atEmpathTest.com - Are you an Empath?it looks like they got me , blaaa :p
(evil monkey pointing) "She's a witch! Burnnnn herrrr!"
Monty Python fans will get that. ;)

My results. That doesn't even look like my tummy. :giggle:

Your Super Serious Title is: The Planetary Healer Empath

Your Total Score: 70 out of 80
Your Out of Control Healer Score: 7 out of 10
Your Protection Tools Score: 23 out of 25
How Much You Mirror Others Unconsciously Score: 15 out of 15
Your Appreciation for Nature Score: 10 out of 10

You scored extremely high on the overall results. You are definitely an empath.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I agree, some people get opened up thru abuse and or fasting..watch man nee wrote a book called "Latent power of the soul" "latent" is another word for hidden..Occult is hidden..to know things aside from God would be scary because you don't know the Source..others can tell things by just the body language of others and they do put off an energy an electrical kind that is unclean and dirty.. so what people are feeling is familiar to them thus we have the term familiar Spirit..
Fasting doesnt open u to that. Opposite, fasting is the onlx thing.to get rid of witchcraft.
We have to be careful not to mix up dicernment and divination.
God bless ya

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Be assured, Empathy is not and never has been divination.
Empathy and being highly empathic helps in missionary work and spiritual counseling. Feeling what someone is going through while shielding one's self so as not to take their pain and panic and emotions into one's self is a great healing gift from God. Jesus possessed Empathy. He demonstrated that when he met the tax collector whom he knew prayed and wept he was not worthy of God. And that tax collector entered Christ's ministry as Matthew.
Empathy is what gave rise to the wonderful teaching in the Samaritan tale.
People read the O word, Occult, and they're afraid and think, SATAN! That's because it has been given a really bad reputation by those afraid. Occult means that which is hidden away. Referring to that which is concealed. If Occult is evil as some think, and wrongly so, then the Hebrew faith described throughout the Old Testament should be feared. Because there are hidden meanings in all those teachings.
And don't forget that Jesus taught in Parables. Hidden teachings meant only for those whom God called to understand.

The Occult practices of those in the dark faiths is what is of the enemy. Not the true meaning of the word Occult.
And fasting does allow us to see the world more clearly. Because we're not so toxic with all the byproducts of the manufactured foods we consume regularly.
Dreams will become sweeter, nightmares often dissipate if there were there at all. We feel lighter, have more energy. Our vision can become more clear as can our skin. Fasting does assist in feeling more of , from, and for this world.
But you should do it right if you choose to fast.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I appreciate you exampling my observations about those who are afraid of the O word Demi. Thank you for the X.

U

UnderGrace

An empath is a person who works through a spirit of divination. That is not of God.
Theres a difference between God given and satanic. We were talking about satanic
I agree it is more secular than biblical.
The concept of "empathy" and being an "empath" is from psychology and only about 100 years old.

However it is interesting that neuroscientist have developed a theory of mirror neurons in the brain as part of our ability to empathize.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I appreciate you exampling my observations about those who are afraid of the O word Demi. Thank you for the X.
As I was a witch before, God saved me, I do know why I gave you a x. By yout reaction U dont seem to understand ehat it means
Im not scared of the occult, satan or his folks. But I can differentiate between what is right and of Godcourse, and what is not.
You seem to have a sadistic problem if u like hurting and accusing people of being afraid. Maybe you are an occultist, vessel of the enemy to disturb our peace.
I dont care. U gotta deal with it.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
As I was a witch before, God saved me, I do know why I gave you a x. By yout reaction U dont seem to understand ehat it means
Im not scared of the occult, satan or his folks. But I can differentiate between what is right and of Godcourse, and what is not.
You seem to have a sadistic problem if u like hurting and accusing people of being afraid. Maybe you are an occultist, vessel of the enemy to disturb our peace.
I dont care. U gotta deal with it.
Yeah, you sound like a reformed witch who found Christ. Casting curses and aspersions because you don't know the etymology of occult.
And you're wrong lady. I don't have to deal with you at all.
Never mind the Bible and its God given secrets so that not all would understand.
But you are right about one thing. You are certainly do not possess empathy. Be proud.

occult (adj.)

1530s, "secret, not divulged," from Middle French occulte and directly from Latin occultus "hidden, concealed, secret," past participle of occulere "cover over, conceal," from assimilated form of ob "over" (see ob-) + a verb related to celare "to hide," from PIE root *kel-(1) "to cover, conceal, save." Meaning "not apprehended by the mind, beyond the range of understanding" is from 1540s. The association with the supernatural sciences (magic, alchemy, astrology, etc.) dates from 1630s.