Empaths and Christianity

• Thread starter TemporaryCircumstances
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2020
Wrong, there was the Bible...called the Old Testament which Jesus and the Apostles often quoted from.
Would you like to return to the Dark Ages when God's Word was hardly read plunging minds and hearts into darkness, lies, superstitions and fears. Is that what you want?
Jesus' message is in the old testament?
What preceded the old testament?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Jesus' message is in the old testament?
Yes, it is.
Luke 24:25-27 (KJV) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Besides we are not saved by His message but we are saved by His acts of redemption as found in the Gospels and Epistles. Instead of belittling the Scriptures, I'd suggest you read them...treasure them up in your heart.

What preceded the old testament?
Is this a trick or trap question?

Mar 28, 2016
Do you know what the first faith any Christian assumes is?
Believing the people of the ancient past were telling the truth when they said God inspired them to write what you're reading today.

But, what many do not know is that what you're reading today isn't the first things that were written. In fact, for almost four hundred years after Jesus there was no bible.
What then?
Find out how the mutual faith of Christ is used in the scriptures and how it works in us who do believe Him not seen.

The first faith people put there trust in is the "faith of Christ".It comes from hearing God as it is written alone.

Those who do not have that faith simply do not hear. They will perish without that law.

We are subject to it not us. Some turn that law upside down and make it about the things seen the temporal

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Mar 5, 2020
Yes, it is.
Luke 24:25-27 (KJV) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Besides we are not saved by His message but we are saved by His acts of redemption as found in the Gospels and Epistles. Instead of belittling the Scriptures, I'd suggest you read them...treasure them up in your heart.

I'm not belittling anything. Do you see what you wrote there? You contradicted your own beliefs. I asked you, Jesus' message is in the old testament? And you said, yes it is. And then posted something from Luke. Then you said we are saved by his acts of redemption as found in the Gospels and the Epistles. Those are not in the old testament. They're in the new.

And no, that's not a trick or trap question. Go look and see what you find. What preceded Torah?

Mar 5, 2020
Find out how the mutual faith of Christ is used in the scriptures and how it works in us who do believe Him not seen.

The first faith people put there trust in is the "faith of Christ".It comes from hearing God as it is written alone.

Those who do not have that faith simply do not hear. They will perish without that law.

We are subject to it not us. Some turn that law upside down and make it about the things seen the temporal

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
That chapter concerns the siege of Jerusalem.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm not belittling anything. Do you see what you wrote there? You contradicted your own beliefs. I asked you, Jesus' message is in the old testament? And you said, yes it is. And then posted something from Luke. Then you said we are saved by his acts of redemption as found in the Gospels and the Epistles. Those are not in the old testament. They're in the new.

And no, that's not a trick or trap question. Go look and see what you find. What preceded Torah?
The quote from Luke is showing those acts of Jesus were foretold in the Old Testament.
Are you a disciple of Andy Stanley who pretty much discounts the Old Testament?

Mar 28, 2016
Yes, it is.

Perhaps for trapping his own self?

I would say it was the eternal faith of Christ that preceded the old testament . It was not until moving Moses that he recorded that work of His faith or labor of His love.

As always first things first.

2 Peter 1:20-21 King James Version (KJV) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Mar 28, 2016
That sounds like you worship the bible.
Do you know that God didn't actually write the bible?
You say you have the bible author living inside you. What good is that if you first believe he doesn't say anything new save for what appears in the bible? God must confine himself to what the bible says he says?

Yes he is subject to His own laws as the law giver. If not how could we trust him not seen as a God who goes before us?

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

What we had in part up until the last chapter Revelation. We now have the perfect with no laws missing by which we could know him more intimately. Will you obey his voice?

Mar 28, 2016
I never attempt to channel any beings. I believe you can get yourself into the influence of not so good spirits in the guise of them being "good".

What kind of guise are you referring to seeing we do not wrestles against flesh and blood the temporal things seen? .God looks upon the heart .He alone can see into the hearts of all men and move men to both will and perform the good pleasure of it. Are you yoked with Christ the defender of our new born again faith ?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Perhaps for trapping his own self?

I would say it was the eternal faith of Christ that preceded the old testament . It was not until moving Moses that he recorded that work of His faith or labor of His love.

As always first things first.

2 Peter 1:20-21 King James Version (KJV) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Yes, I have no idea why the questioner asked what he did or what kind of an answer he sought.

Mar 28, 2016
Yes, I have no idea why the questioner asked what he did or what kind of an answer he sought.

It would seem he is simply trying to make the mutual faith of Christ by which we can believe God without effect.

Its the goal the oral traditions of men that are angry with God not seen so they look for fault in His people .Abel is the first recorded martyr.

Christ cannot be found by looking at the rudiments of this world .That kind of idea falls under the philosophies of men .

We simply defend the faith (Christ's) that works in us to defend us.Put on the whole Armor keep it on.none for the backside. He is our rear guard. He has our back and the light of the front . Walk in the light while we do have it.

Mar 5, 2020
Yes he is subject to His own laws as the law giver. If not how could we trust him not seen as a God who goes before us?

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

What we had in part up until the last chapter Revelation. We now have the perfect with no laws missing by which we could know him more intimately. Will you obey his voice?
You didn't get what I said about new testament.

Mar 5, 2020
The quote from Luke is showing those acts of Jesus were foretold in the Old Testament.
Are you a disciple of Andy Stanley who pretty much discounts the Old Testament?
No idea who that is, so no.
I think I'm going to quit this effort. You people are either being intentionally obtuse, or you just don't get what I said. And since you don't know something preceded the Torah, that's probably the whole root of it. Thanks anyway.

Mar 28, 2016
You didn't get what I said about new testament.

Sorry, are you saying the gospel as it is written is interpreted differently in one part from that from another?

New testament has to do with a newly revealed will a mystery hid from the previous. . same will . . The same author that wrote what we call the old as a written division, wrote what we call new. I think the division between the two in that way is a oral tradition .In one way limits the gospel as having it in part .limiting it to four in the new can cause confusion . The first words of the gospel were in the beginning God. Ended with an amen in the last chapter of the 66 chapter book of prophecy . . . Revelation .

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No idea who that is, so no.
I think I'm going to quit this effort. You people are either being intentionally obtuse, or you just don't get what I said. And since you don't know something preceded the Torah, that's probably the whole root of it. Thanks anyway.
Asking 'What came before Torah?' is not an effort.
You need to define Torah (it has a wide range of uses). You might know what you are trying to get at through that question, but I am not telepathic so I haven't a clue.

Mar 5, 2020
Asking 'What came before Torah?' is not an effort.
You need to define Torah (it has a wide range of uses). You might know what you are trying to get at through that question, but I am not telepathic so I haven't a clue.
If it has a wide range of uses the question still applies. What came before the wide range of uses Torah.

Dberd

Aug 10, 2020
Are there any good Christian themed books on Empaths operating as a gift of the Holy Spirit?

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
That's like asking if Christians breathe!!!? You realize Christians are just people right?! As such, just like everybody else, they have the ability to empathize with others. There is nothing special about that. It's part of humanity as per God's design to empathize. This may only seem special in a cult of godless people all of whom have no empathy for anyone. In the realm of Christ on the other hand, all Christians are empathetic people with the poor, the unable, and the suffering.

I just read a dumb dictionary definition saying about empth: "a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.". There is nothing paranormal about empathy except to people who are demonic. Yes, to them, it's paranormal I suppose. To Christians, it's a normal state of everyone's soul to have empathy for others.

Godspeed.