Emptied Himself...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Anyone else get the gravity of this verse…

"Say to the daughter of Zion, 'Behold, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.'"
Matthew 21:5 ESV

and this…

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Zechariah 9:9 ESV

I am taken to breaths of awe as I reflect on His righteousness, His humility, seeking no reputation of grandeur.

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Philippians 2:5‭-‬7 ESV

The years I wasted foolishly, wanting not only to be seen, but to be considered, to matter deeply to others, in a special way. I was so self consumed, needy and insecure all because I yearned to be understood, accepted and appreciated. He continues to rescue me from my enemies, including the pesky one within, my ego.

I'm not saying that He hasn't made each of us with a natural desire to love and be loved, but that the One who is love, shows us what it is to love.

Emptied, selflessly wanting for nothing but to honor Him, to point to Him, always, seeking no reputation is where the warm enduring, so beautifully fulfilling love embraces to the point of overflowing.

The image of our Lord, our Redeemer, riding on a donkey, with nothing but service on His heart, brings me to my spiritual knees.

Thank You beautiful Savior for giving Your all so that we may be saved. Please help us follow you in the same fashion, relinquishing our need for self-image, so we can walk in Yours.

I can not help think of that song by casting crowns, Nobody....

Love to you my precious brothers and sisters, those who are resting and loving in the arms of the most precious of all.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Anyone else get the gravity of this verse…

"Say to the daughter of Zion, 'Behold, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.'"
Matthew 21:5 ESV

and this…

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Zechariah 9:9 ESV

I am taken to breaths of awe as I reflect on His righteousness, His humility, seeking no reputation of grandeur.

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Philippians 2:5‭-‬7 ESV

The years I wasted foolishly, wanting not only to be seen, but to be considered, to matter deeply to others, in a special way. I was so self consumed, needy and insecure all because I yearned to be understood, accepted and appreciated. He continues to rescue me from my enemies, including the pesky one within, my ego.

I'm not saying that He hasn't made each of us with a natural desire to love and be loved, but that the One who is love, shows us what it is to love.

Emptied, selflessly wanting for nothing but to honor Him, to point to Him, always, seeking no reputation is where the warm enduring, so beautifully fulfilling love embraces to the point of overflowing.

The image of our Lord, our Redeemer, riding on a donkey, with nothing but service on His heart, brings me to my spiritual knees.

Thank You beautiful Savior for giving Your all so that we may be saved. Please help us follow you in the same fashion, relinquishing our need for self-image, so we can walk in Yours.

I can not help think of that song by casting crowns, Nobody....

Love to you my precious brothers and sisters, those who are resting and loving in the arms of the most precious of all.
Amen, each day in our prayer we get so much closer to God.