Encourage One Another Daily

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

metrodonut

As a common mist (James 4:14), a miry clay (Psalm 40:2), like a tax collector of a parable (Luke 18:9-14), I encourage others through Christian Visual Art.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Amen Hannah! Love your name by the way. :)

HannahA

Sep 16, 2017
Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

HannahA

Sep 16, 2017
sorry i need to repost it cause the font is too large
God bless you abundantly sis :)

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
My son is in the 2nd grade. Nearly every evening I ask him, "What did you learn today at school?" Then we'll talk for a few minutes about what his class is studying. Since he knows I will ask him about it, he has become more aware of what he learned in school that day so he'll have an answer for me. It's my way of encouraging him in his school work. :)

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
My son is in the 2nd grade. Nearly every evening I ask him, "What did you learn today at school?" Then we'll talk for a few minutes about what his class is studying. Since he knows I will ask him about it, he has become more aware of what he learned in school that day so he'll have an answer for me. It's my way of encouraging him in his school work. :)

Hi Prov,

That's great! You're also encouraging your son to have a greater depth of a father/son relationship with you.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Philippians 2:12-13
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Some of us grunt and strive to do good works for the Lord and get discouraged when we just can't seem to obey Him.

Paul tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. And he also tells us it's God at work in us to will and to do His good pleasure.

God works in us to will. He changes our wanter. We now want to obey God and do His will. He fills us to the full to will and to work. :)

Some may say that they don't want to obey. And if you don't want to obey and you are born again, ask Him what's broken in you. Maybe there's a deep-seeded sin that needs to be dealt with and that's why your wanter switch has been turned off. It could be that we deliberately at times will shut down that power switch by quenching and grieving the Holy Spirit who's at work in us.

So as I thought on this passage of scripture and meditated on this....... to know that God is at work in me to will ..... and to want to be obedient is so encouraging to me. To know that He empowers me to want to obey is overwhelmingly freeing. I don't have to work it up. I've changed by God's power working within me to want to obey. I just find that truth so liberating.

And the other working of God in me is to work. He works in me the will to work and He also works in me the ability to work. And within those two aspects of God at work in me the motivation is that I work for His. good. pleasure.

Our working out our salvation brings great pleasure to our Heavenly Father. And I asked myself isn't He really the one I want to please? If obedience brings pleasure to God Almighty then I want to obey. And that desire to want to obey Him, He actually gave it to me. And He gives me all the tools I'll ever need to accomplish whatever it is that He tells/wills me to do.

For me, this was so liberating. It was so encouraging to me and so freeing to know that God is at work in me and that's why I can obey.

If He shows us in His word that we are not to do certain things and others we are to do, we can be assured God has worked in us the very thing we are going to work out.

When I learned the depth of this truth I felt like a bird soaring to new heights in understanding my Heavenly Father and the intensity of His love and care for me.

Not only did He take me as a sinner and rebirthed me, He gave me all the fruit of the Spirit and gave the church gifts of the Spirit and has given us gifts individually to edify one another and it's all brought about by the immeasurability of God's lovingkindness and goodness towards us, His children, to redeem us from our sin ..... to free us from the bondage of sin.

He's freed us and we don't have to sin anymore. We are empowered to not sin. And as we grow in Him, day by day we will sin less and less as our minds are transformed and renewed. And He is doing the work in us so that we can work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

And this fear is not a fear that paralyzes us.......it's a reverent fear that enables us to draw near to God to come boldly before God to find help in time of need. It's a reverent fear that keeps us in His love, a love where we cry, "Abba Father" which is like our own children who may cry out to their father, "daddy, daddy."

And as we grow up in Him we will bring others into this kingdom by sharing the gospel with them ...... His way, His truth and His life with others because we want as many as possible to be set free of their sin and enter into the joy of the Lord.

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Philippians 2:12-13
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Some of us grunt and strive to do good works for the Lord and get discouraged when we just can't seem to obey Him.

Paul tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. And he also tells us it's God at work in us to will and to do His good pleasure.

God works in us to will. He changes our wanter. We now want to obey God and do His will. He fills us to the full to will and to work. :)

Some may say that they don't want to obey. And if you don't want to obey and you are born again, ask Him what's broken in you. Maybe there's a deep-seeded sin that needs to be dealt with and that's why your wanter switch has been turned off. It could be that we deliberately at times will shut down that power switch by quenching and grieving the Holy Spirit who's at work in us.

So as I thought on this passage of scripture and meditated on this....... to know that God is at work in me to will ..... and to want to be obedient is so encouraging to me. To know that He empowers me to want to obey is overwhelmingly freeing. I don't have to work it up. I've changed by God's power working within me to want to obey. I just find that truth so liberating.

And the other working of God in me is to work. He works in me the will to work and He also works in me the ability to work. And within those two aspects of God at work in me the motivation is that I work for His. good. pleasure.

Our working out our salvation brings great pleasure to our Heavenly Father. And I asked myself isn't He really the one I want to please? If obedience brings pleasure to God Almighty then I want to obey. And that desire to want to obey Him, He actually gave it to me. And He gives me all the tools I'll ever need to accomplish whatever it is that He tells/wills me to do.

For me, this was so liberating. It was so encouraging to me and so freeing to know that God is at work in me and that's why I can obey.

If He shows us in His word that we are not to do certain things and others we are to do, we can be assured God has worked in us the very thing we are going to work out.

When I learned the depth of this truth I felt like a bird soaring to new heights in understanding my Heavenly Father and the intensity of His love and care for me.

Not only did He take me as a sinner and rebirthed me, He gave me all the fruit of the Spirit and gave the church gifts of the Spirit and has given us gifts individually to edify one another and it's all brought about by the immeasurability of God's lovingkindness and goodness towards us, His children, to redeem us from our sin ..... to free us from the bondage of sin.

He's freed us and we don't have to sin anymore. We are empowered to not sin. And as we grow in Him, day by day we will sin less and less as our minds are transformed and renewed. And He is doing the work in us so that we can work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

And this fear is not a fear that paralyzes us.......it's a reverent fear that enables us to draw near to God to come boldly before God to find help in time of need. It's a reverent fear that keeps us in His love, a love where we cry, "Abba Father" which is like our own children who may cry out to their father, "daddy, daddy."

And as we grow up in Him we will bring others into this kingdom by sharing the gospel with them ...... His way, His truth and His life with others because we want as many as possible to be set free of their sin and enter into the joy of the Lord.

SaveSave
Hi DR...I love what you have posted, and you have given me understanding of what it means to work out my salvation with fear and trembling :)...I always thought of them words as terrifying, like crouch down in fear , wondering if I was doing ok, then doubting I wasnt :rolleyes:...But now I see it from your post, it is working out what God has put in me, to go and act on what He is willing me to do or not to do, and not be afraid to take a step in faith, and if I get it wrong, it does not mean I should be shaking before God in fear and trembling, but it pleases God to see me act out my faith in Him and keep taking steps untill I get it right, then give Him all the glory because it was He who willed me in the first place :)
Sorry, I maybe running with this lol, it`s like every time something is revealed to me, the door opens wider, more love flows in my heart as I see how much my ABBA Father really loves me...I will leave it now before I start rambling :eek:...xox...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi DR...I love what you have posted, and you have given me understanding of what it means to work out my salvation with fear and trembling :)...I always thought of them words as terrifying, like crouch down in fear , wondering if I was doing ok, then doubting I wasnt :rolleyes:...But now I see it from your post, it is working out what God has put in me, to go and act on what He is willing me to do or not to do, and not be afraid to take a step in faith, and if I get it wrong, it does not mean I should be shaking before God in fear and trembling, but it pleases God to see me act out my faith in Him and keep taking steps untill I get it right, then give Him all the glory because it was He who willed me in the first place :)
Sorry, I maybe running with this lol, it`s like every time something is revealed to me, the door opens wider, more love flows in my heart as I see how much my ABBA Father really loves me...I will leave it now before I start rambling :eek:...xox...

Hi Rosemary,

Hugs! I hope you're day is going well. :)

You know what? I felt the same way when I was first born again. The sensitivity of our sin is so raw at first. When I saw that fear and trembling, I thought it was a cowering type of fear too. And as I grew in the Lord, bit by bit I learned the truth of what it means to fear God.

I do think there is a sense of the overwhelming power of God and that reverence of God is even deeper than what I've presented.

I remember reading an article once about a power tool being compared to the fear of the Lord.

The article mentioned a circular saw and how deadly the tool could be if used wrongly. It could kill someone if it was carelessly used without precaution and without knowing how it works.

So the carpenter or the handyman knows about this tool and knows how to use it. And they know how sharp that blade is and the power that's behind that blade as it's plugged into a circuit.

The realization of it's power doesn't cause the handyman to cower away from approaching the tool and using it in it's correctly for it's manufactured purpose. But even in the use of it and the handling of it, the operator will still be watchful and careful as to how he handles that tool. There's a healthy fear behind the use of it.

And that's how our fear works with God. We know the Mightyness of God, we know His power, we know His justice that's always at the forefront of our being. But it's not a fear that cowers. It's a fear that respects God......all that He is. So there is a fear there, but it's one of reverence. It's one we don't have as an unbeliever. It's a healthy fear that He imparts to the believer that helps us to come to Him, to love Him and to please Him. It's not one that cowers because we live our lives in Him and there's nothing to fear (the cowering fear) anymore. When we read in the bible about those who cower away from the Lord, it's those who will not bow the knee, it's those who love to live unrighteously.

Who cowers before the Lord?
Psalm 66:3 Say to God: "How awesome are your deeds! Because of your great power your enemies cower in fear before you.

So we are not of those who cower. We are those who revere God. Hallelujah! :)

No, you're not rambling. I love what you share, what God is showing you and the truth that you're learning. I rejoice in the Lord as I read your post in the different threads and watch you grow. It's such a blessing!!!

It takes me back to when I was first a believer ....... you have such a thirst for the Lord and His truth. Keep on keeping on Rosemary. You are a dear, precious sister in the Lord.

SaveSave

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
I love to encourage others, especially fellow Christians. It's amazing how many will refuse it though resisting God's joy. Be filled with the Holy Spirit, praying in the spirit if indeed you have been baptized in His Holy Spirit.

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
Eternal Oases of God
by Frank Lee Jennings

His praises come up in my mouth
not with my eyes, within my heart
I know He's here. I press ahead
though often weak, even perplexed
I sense His Holy Spirit always here

into my feeble weakness He pours strength, replaces cloudiness with clarity. Weariness ​​with joyful energy, rising again I go on, lightened by the anointing and presence of God's Holy Spirit. Weariness has fled away

as I yield my tongue to His spirit
His might flows into me. Spiritual power. Now I can do all things, anything through Jesus Christ. He'll never fail, leave or turn away from me

friends, kinsmen forsake me, turn away their faces. I look, as the psalmist, for love, gentleness, a kind word, compassion, prayer, yet I abide alone, save for Jesus the Christ and His promised Holy Spirit of comfort

A man of sorrows knowing grief.
Am I better? The son of God is my pattern. I yield to Him knowing all that besets me He will overcome.
Firing the pots gives them strength

I know He will change men, create reborn hearts with new lives, change the times and seasons. Hearts and faces He will turn again toward me, He will transform, change and turn me around to face others

let me regard, offer hope, love, a kind word, forgetting myself. Even as He was obedient unto death. He prayed for them, offering God's love instead of man's gall. I follow His pattern, His ways, His footsteps. Come with me He says. See where I dwell then dwell there

I'm astounded. I thought He'd finished long ago His saving, molding, shaping, breaking of me. After decades He's all new, working yet on this small pot. I rest in His hands. He removes flaws, smoothes, perfects, adding glaze in high heat, so that when struck a high clear ring

"Climb out of yourself" He demands
"Step into the ever new me". Let go
all holds on the old man. Divided
houses crumble into ruin.
God's new creations will abide for eternity.
I am a new creation again, again

I clasp the Master's garment as we walk together into the wilderness, worshipping Him as we go side by side on the narrow path. I yield to the urge of His spirit. He takes my hand "walk with me" He encourages. Come

firey darts often fill the air around me. Fired to kill and wound but God's armor protects me. I raise the shield of faith above while slashing back the enemy with the sword of God's word. His blood upon me a covering

to quench flaming arrows and lies,
I hear His words inside. The truth
I absorb the peace He radiates
as if a dry sponge gasping for water
calmed by His spirit, I look ahead

wondering about beyond, but
I need not consider tomorrow
turning my meditation to Him
I recall past deliverances, sweet grace
as Samson at the honeycomb

walking on, His joy lifts my heart
faith, I will not let go of Him.
faith, I will not stop. Faith,
He will never fail or desert me.
faith, He speaks through me

"The cross is very big" He tells me.
"No matter how far you travel on the road of life you can always see it. If you cannot see the cross you are on the wrong path, you've lost your way. Go back to the cross, start there".

dark forces beset and wrestle me,
assaulting my peace, I stand still.
over and again His words and love
I recall, wisdom He's given me
my health, peace, joy are assured

I speak God's promises constantly
pray in the spirit. Secrets from God.
Secrets to God, a pure language.
Jesus, the only sure anchor, a harbor
nothing else holds so fast and secure

everything else must fail, fall, break.
No matter how fierce or fearful, my
enemies flee from Him, tremble
then vanish at the sound of His name.
I speak as the very oracles of God

He freely gives me His strength
to move forward, again do exploits
a joyful heart, peace with purpose
I'm walking on in life, never alone
nothing must deflect my calling

now I through Him lift up others,
fellow travelers. Seeing their needs
I speak, do what He says, go forth
comforting as I was comforted.
I was not whole until He broke me

Pride was broken off. A husk
now the treasure within is seen
if I am seen then I've failed. His
radiance alone must shine forth.
He will be seen in my countenance

a green rising now appears in
the shimmering waves of heat.
Lush green growth near ahead,
flowers by the flowing water, a
treasury of ministry to wayfarers

heat, pressure, assaults all fade
replaced by cool breezes of peace
they sweep around and through me
inside me, praise God, inside me!
Each touch heals hidden wounds

no one heals like the Lord Jesus heals
no other touch is so gentle yet strong
no other power so great yet humble
no other voice as living waters of Jesus

on the long desert wilderness
journey of life Jesus has guided
me to yet another oasis. His yoke
light, easy and a joy to bear
I need never lay it down.
Times of refreshing come by the Holy Spirit

adversaries, trouble, pressure, all
rage against His pilgrims. Trying
to grind us down. Turn us aside.
He carries us on waves of grace
It's clearly seen by the unbelievers

they are drawn to His beauty in us
they yearn to have whatever it is
that we radiate. A sweet fragrance
of His Holy Spirit draws them near
they must yield to His love and grace
or reject Him then flee away

I take in His glory as long as I might, rejoicing in His magnified presence, basking in the glow of His peace, refreshed in the rays of His light, a wonderful, gentle loving power

I move on, but never from Him or from His grace, but walking with Him I journey on life's path. He's set
this path to His heavenly city, a living oasis I carry through the deserts

He calls me forward with Him, for
in Him we live, move, have our very being. His presence is the eternal oasis that goes along, we need never depart being refreshed by His grace

even as I journey forth and do battle,
search and seek the lost, raise up
the fallen, sowing seed by the way
watering seed sown by others
being pruned by the things I suffer

though He was a son yet learned He
obedience through the things He suffered. Have you turned to face his word, turned around, away from men's traditions? Been baptized in His Holy Spirit of promise? Have you?

He makes oases inside us, His children, those wearied in their journeys. He has prepared them before us so where He is we may also be, and so dwell in His glory. In Him we live, move, once again refreshed

an eternal oasis of God's grace is the ever flowing river filled with living water where we freely drink as we walk and do His will, never thirsting as His river flows through us

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:17 KJVS

He shall drink of the brook by the wayside;
Therefore He shall lift up the head

Psalms 110:7
Deuteronomy 33:27 KJVS
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them .