Encouragment...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Heart_Melody

hmm ok
i guess thats a good test, ask someone to pray for you and listen to how he prays.

if he prays too long, hes just showing off.
if he waits for you to pray first, he doesnt know what to say
if he forgets the name of Jesus or to thank God...well he has no clue...
if he prays to you instead, or Mary, um...run...!
YES! THIS ALL THE WAY :ROFL:

Sep 13, 2018
Not sure where you got your info, but I can assure you my state, Pennsylvania, is not open. No restaurants, except takeout, no other “nonessential “ business at all. No Churches. Many other Restrictions. I heard the Wisconsin Supreme Court shut down their Governors dictatorial edicts.

Very happy for the young lady.
I don't think that is what happened. There were hunter's outside the courthouse with rifles.
they were confused.That would have never occurred in Colorado! We All have guns here. Lol...

M

MegMarch

I AM SURE I WILL <3 Hope you are very well and safe dear Sissy!! <3
I’m doing well! I’m in the process of trying to buy a house, and while it is very exciting, it is also stressful. Overall, I’m excited to see what God provides.

Hope your date was amazing, and you were spoiled.

H

Heart_Melody

So to all of you:
We did have that meeting in the Coffee Shop and walked around a bit after - But in Person it was not a match at all - I think mostly because he was not honest with himself. He does not seem to be ready for a relationship or to let someone into his life.

I also didn't think it was a very pleasant meeting because even though he said "it was a meeting just to be friends" this is not how you find "friends" it felt unnatural. But Like I said I think those vibes came from him lol

Is not actually something I ever experienced meeting a person from a dating site before - but also the more we spoke about our faith - the more I also felt we were not going to be a match. (which one of my older friends here said she had felt a concern with) :)

So all in all I was a bit bummed - I wish he had known himself better to keep me from going through this- but also I feel more sure than ever that I should mostly focus on Jesus and the Carrier changes that are hopefully in my future...

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
So to all of you:
We did have that meeting in the Coffee Shop and walked around a bit after - But in Person it was not a match at all - I think mostly because he was not honest with himself. He does not seem to be ready for a relationship or to let someone into his life.

I also didn't think it was a very pleasant meeting because even though he said "it was a meeting just to be friends" this is not how you find "friends" it felt unnatural. But Like I said I think those vibes came from him lol

Is not actually something I ever experienced meeting a person from a dating site before - but also the more we spoke about our faith - the more I also felt we were not going to be a match. (which one of my older friends here said she had felt a concern with) :)

So all in all I was a bit bummed - I wish he had known himself better to keep me from going through this- but also I feel more sure than ever that I should mostly focus on Jesus and the Carrier changes that are hopefully in my future...
Oh that's a bummer but probably for the best that you were made aware quickly without much emotional pain. I went through the same thing a while back and I got to the stage where I just decided that I would focus on Jesus and his plan for my life and if he wanted me to meet someone he would somehow make it happen. I feel that is the best way to be.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
When we follow the Lord, even the bummy moments are a win for us because the Lord is our victory :D I’m glad your eyes were open to see past emotions.

Hearing your update reminded me of when I liked someone years ago. He was a new Christian, but I really enjoyed his company! Then the Lord showed me I needed to be his “big sister” and not a potential girlfriend since he was a baby in the faith.

H

Heart_Melody

When we follow the Lord, even the bummy moments are a win for us because the Lord is our victory :D I’m glad your eyes were open to see past emotions.

Hearing your update reminded me of when I liked someone years ago. He was a new Christian, but I really enjoyed his company! Then the Lord showed me I needed to be his “big sister” and not a potential girlfriend since he was a baby in the faith.

Yes - this whole week has been a week of "no's". It's not always easy when God shuts the doors. But after contemplating it a bit - it's better than being let through them... I know that but I feel like I am not sure what's coming next - exciting and nerve wrecking too... haha

Oh that is such a God thing - you know - a person we like comes along but it's not for the reasons we might have expected. Often I have felt I was meant to help someone but they ended up helping me much more than I helped them LOL

H

Heart_Melody

Oh that's a bummer but probably for the best that you were made aware quickly without much emotional pain. I went through the same thing a while back and I got to the stage where I just decided that I would focus on Jesus and his plan for my life and if he wanted me to meet someone he would somehow make it happen. I feel that is the best way to be.
Absolutely! God's wisdom and Protection is the best!
I have been hurt the most when I go where He has not wanted me to go. So This time... I will listen better :D

M

MegMarch

You are beautiful, smart, compassionate, and loving. I hope that whoever you end up with will treasure your heart, and I believe you will his. 🤗

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think as christians its not so much who we 'end up' with it its who we are worshipping right now that determines our eternal fate.

marriage in the scheme of things, is rather temporary. Fairy tales like to say theres a happily ever after which equals to marriage, but reality is there are very few princes in THIS world.

H

Heart_Melody

You are beautiful, smart, compassionate, and loving. I hope that whoever you end up with will treasure your heart, and I believe you will his. 🤗
Awe thank you so much :D
That was encouraging!

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
So to all of you:

This is ok, it just means God has other plans for you. Sometimes we are put in these situations for lessons to learn what we want or dont want. Keep your head up high and trust Him His will is being done while you wait.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is that a church with no evangelicals or a church where evangelicals do not have to pay?

(JK: just being silly)
I think it might be the latter. hmm

when people write 'Gluten Free' it means a product with no gluten in it not that Gluten is particularly expensive....

I am supposing if you are evangelical and go to this church when they ask for tithes you can say its ok, youre an evangelical and dont have to. So if he's one, but you are not, he can let you in for free I suppose. Mates rates?

Mar 10, 2020
So to all of you:

I'm sorry you were bummed, but honestly reading the first post here I had a strange feeling about this guy especially considering you put the term money in the sentence. I am happy to hear that your discernment was there. Going forward if money is brought up in discussion.....its not a good relationship to get into. Keep your chin up and the right guy is around somewhere

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
God is a Way Maker, a Miracle Worker, a Promise Keeper and the Light in the Darkness.
Preach on sister! Lets hold on to these words, because it will help us figure out how God works and his motivations for working.