End times - nuclear war

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2019
Here is someone's view of end times, sent for information purposes and posted on a Christian website:

"I'd like to share with you information that is the most important right now. According to Bible, the book of Daniel, Russia (depicted as the 'king of the north') will return. This means that many countries of Eastern Europe will again be allies with Russia. After that, Russia will enter somewhere south (it may be Georgia). This will begin the world war III because USA will come and oppose Russia (Da. 11:29-30a). Jesus also mentioned this: 'nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom' (Mt. 24:7). This means that this war will start with an internal war, within one country, and then transform into a global war between two world powers. In Luke we read: "There will be unusual, terrifying and powerful phenomena from the sky" (Luke 21:11). Could Jesus better describe what we now know as the nuclear weapon? There will be also significant tremors, famines and epidemics along the length and breadth of the regions. Some manuscripts also add "and disorders" (chaos) (Mark 13:8). The book of Revelation also mentions this. It informs that peace will be taken from earth, and that there will be used a great sword (Rev. 6:4), this means a great weapon - nuclear weapon. This will not be the end as many imagine! but only the beginning of the Lord's day. This is not yet the "last days". There are many more events to come, and they are all described in the Holy Bible. Right now, we will see the break-up of NATO and the European Union, as it is the only way for Russia return and be back in Europe. "

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Enjoyed your insights on a possible end-time event. Glad to have you onboard with us and look forward to your posts. Welcome to CC.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Here is someone's view of end times, sent for information purposes and posted on a Christian website:

"I'd like to share with you information that is the most important right now. According to Bible, the book of Daniel, Russia (depicted as the 'king of the north') will return. This means that many countries of Eastern Europe will again be allies with Russia. After that, Russia will enter somewhere south (it may be Georgia). This will begin the world war III because USA will come and oppose Russia (Da. 11:29-30a). Jesus also mentioned this: 'nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom' (Mt. 24:7). This means that this war will start with an internal war, within one country, and then transform into a global war between two world powers. In Luke we read: "There will be unusual, terrifying and powerful phenomena from the sky" (Luke 21:11). Could Jesus better describe what we now know as the nuclear weapon? There will be also significant tremors, famines and epidemics along the length and breadth of the regions. Some manuscripts also add "and disorders" (chaos) (Mark 13:8). The book of Revelation also mentions this. It informs that peace will be taken from earth, and that there will be used a great sword (Rev. 6:4), this means a great weapon - nuclear weapon. This will not be the end as many imagine! but only the beginning of the Lord's day. This is not yet the "last days". There are many more events to come, and they are all described in the Holy Bible. Right now, we will see the break-up of NATO and the European Union, as it is the only way for Russia return and be back in Europe. "
Hello Curious!

I have a couple of end-time scriptures which I believe directly infers nuclear destruction. Consider the following:

"Wail, for the day of the Lord is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty. Because of this, all hands will go limp, every heart will melt with fear. Terror will seize them, pain and anguish will grip them; they will writhe like a woman in labor. They will look aghast at each other, their faces aflame.

Regarding the above, those who would be close enough to a nuclear strike, but not right in the impact zone, their bodies would ignite in flame from the heat produced by the bomb. I believe that this is what Isaiah saw in his vision of the future. Here's one regarding that city that sits on seven hills/mountain:

===================================================
With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again.

The music of harpists and musicians, pipers and trumpeters, will never be heard in you again.

No worker of any trade will ever be found in you again.

The sound of a millstone will never be heard in you again.

The light of a lamp will never shine in you again.

The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again. (Rev.18:21-23)
===================================================

The scripture above demonstrates that no one will ever inhabit that city ever again. Rev.17:16 states that God puts it into the hearts of the beast and the ten kings to hate the woman/Babylon and to burn her with fire. And I believe that the fire may be a nuclear strike, which is the reason for her not being able to be inhabited ever again.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
That is a clear reference to the nuking of Rome. - vapourized
More to the point, the Vatican, which is the headquarters of that Babylonian, pagan religious system.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I believe there will be a Nuclear war and that we are very close to it. I think it will involve
Iran Russia and Turkey against the USA Saudi Arabia and Israel. As far as I see it that's the only way
conditions taking shape prior to the second coming could come about

May 18, 2019
This same person whose post i quoted above also said this.

"God will allow for the WW3 to happen, and use this occasion to punish many people. God will judge the world step by step, gradually. Many Christian churches teach that the end is near, that we are living in the last days, and that the only thing before us is the Armageddon. But this is not true. According to Bible we are just entering the God's Day (Rev.1:10), and there are many events to come before the End Times begin. Jesus warned that there will be people preaching that the end is near, and that we should not follow them: 'He said, 'Watch out that you don't get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I AM,' and, 'The time is near.' Therefore, don't follow them.' (Luke 21:8) We should watch what is happening and take action to avoid danger. God may help us if He sees some value in us, but also, we cannot do nothing and think that God will miraculously save us. Jesus said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test' (Luke 4:12). Even Jesus fled when in danger, so did all God's servants depicted in the Old Testament as well as Jesus' followers in the New Testament. Wise words worth remembering: Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.' In Matthew 24:15-22 Jesus warns the first Christians of future events and advises them to flee. We also should be prepared. Mentally - we should know the danger, so that it won't come as a shock. Moreover, we should think of a safe place, away from big cities, or military bases. Of course the most important thing is to be close to God, and He will help us, but only if we take action. "

What are your views?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I believe there will be a Nuclear war and that we are very close to it. I think it will involve
Iran Russia and Turkey against the USA Saudi Arabia and Israel. As far as I see it that's the only way
conditions taking shape prior to the second coming could come about
I don't know who the players will be, but the stage is being set and is almost ready now. When the word banking conspiracy aligns with the petro chemical industries companies and cash is removed from society The anti Christ will appear. The anti christian nations will launch a concerted attack and we will be destroyed. Then the Devil will have free reign upon the earth till Jesus returns to destroy all the armies of all the nations left. Peace will occur a 1000 years till the Devil is released for three days before judgement day. Get ready. This has been my theory since 1981 and so far I have seen no evidence to indicate to the contrary.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This same person whose post i quoted above also said this.

"God will allow for the WW3 to happen, and use this occasion to punish many people. God will judge the world step by step, gradually. Many Christian churches teach that the end is near, that we are living in the last days, and that the only thing before us is the Armageddon. But this is not true. According to Bible we are just entering the God's Day (Rev.1:10), and there are many events to come before the End Times begin. Jesus warned that there will be people preaching that the end is near, and that we should not follow them: 'He said, 'Watch out that you don't get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I AM,' and, 'The time is near.' Therefore, don't follow them.' (Luke 21:8) We should watch what is happening and take action to avoid danger. God may help us if He sees some value in us, but also, we cannot do nothing and think that God will miraculously save us. Jesus said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test' (Luke 4:12). Even Jesus fled when in danger, so did all God's servants depicted in the Old Testament as well as Jesus' followers in the New Testament. Wise words worth remembering: Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.' In Matthew 24:15-22 Jesus warns the first Christians of future events and advises them to flee. We also should be prepared. Mentally - we should know the danger, so that it won't come as a shock. Moreover, we should think of a safe place, away from big cities, or military bases. Of course the most important thing is to be close to God, and He will help us, but only if we take action. "

What are your views?
2000 years ago the first disciples expected it to occur within their lifetimes. Jesus gave us a job to do. Not to preach Armageddon, rather preach Salvation to everyone everywhere and dust off our shoes at the ignorant scoffers. Get ready, stay ready, be ready. For he will return like a thief in the night for us who are ready. The rest will be like the unicorns that missed the last boat to Salvation!