End Times Timeline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

When do the verses above take place, during the tribulation or at the 2nd coming of Christ or some other time?

E

eternally-gratefull

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

When do the verses above take place, during the tribulation or at the 2nd coming of Christ or some other time?
They have been happening since ad 70, As daniel was told. after the city is destroyed,

the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

I believe these are the same events Jesus spoke of.

Nov 23, 2013
They have been happening since ad 70, As daniel was told. after the city is destroyed,

the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

I believe these are the same events Jesus spoke of.
So in your opinion those events are not part of the second coming nor the tribulation?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I believe many have come already but this statement is more directed at what starts the great tribulation and leads up unto

vvvv

Daniel 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Daniel 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Matthew 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

No?

E

eternally-gratefull

So in your opinion those events are not part of the second coming nor the tribulation?
they are events which Gabriel said would occur up until the time of the abomination of desolation. at which point, the one who abominates is given a period of time, then he is destroyed. at whivh time, Gods wrath will be poured out on the desolate

Dan 9
Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the [l]desolate.

E

eternally-gratefull

we also have the birth pangs, which many are saying are just starting to really take hold

Nov 23, 2013
I believe many have come already but this statement is more directed at what starts the great tribulation and leads up unto

vvvv

Daniel 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Daniel 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Matthew 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

No?
I agree that those are the start of the tribulation.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Specifically, in the tribulation. Most of 24 and 25 is concerning the time of Jacob's trouble.

Nov 23, 2013
they are events which Gabriel said would occur up until the time of the abomination of desolation. at which point, the one who abominates is given a period of time, then he is destroyed. at whivh time, Gods wrath will be poured out on the desolate

Dan 9
Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the [l]desolate.
Who do you the "desolate" are in Daniel 9.

Nov 23, 2013
Specifically, in the tribulation. Most of 24 and 25 is concerning the time of Jacob's trouble.
That is the same as the tribulation correct? The two are the same?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Certainly the spirit of the Anti-Christ is here working now.
Trying to have a grown up discussion here.

If you want to state your understanding, no need to act as if a child of God is anything but.

Nov 23, 2013

If you want to state your understanding, no need to act as if a child of God is anything but.
I think he meant that The Antichrist hasn't shown up yet but the spirit of antichrist has been around for a long time.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I think he meant that The Antichrist hasn't shown up yet but the spirit of antichrist has been around for a long time.
🤦‍♂️

@John146 i am so sorry... i actually agree with you

i thought you were coming against EG

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Here's how I'm seeing it (and have posted abundantly on it :D )...

Add in verse 8 [so Matt24:4-8/Mk13:5-8/Lk21:8-11] and what we see written here is "the beginning of birth PANGS [PLURAL]" (which I believe are parallel, time-wise [and description-wise], to the SEALS of Rev6).

Rev1:1 says (basically) that the "FUTURE" aspects of that Book (1:19c / 4:1 / 1:1 [also 7:3] <--compare the wording in these verses) "things which must come to pass IN QUICKNESS [NOUN (not adverbs)]". I believe this "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time period (parallel with a cpl other places where this phrase is used) refers to the specific, limited, future time-period commonly called the "7-yr trib" (which FOLLOWS "our Rapture" [I believe the "was found" word in 5:4 shows that that section follows a "searching judgment," for example, as I've gone into in past posts... as well as Rev5:9 [per the manuscript evidence] saying "US"... etc [other reasons I've shown]).

"The Day of the Lord" (which INCLUDES "judgments as well as the "BLESSINGS" that follow the judgments) is a time period of MUCH DURATION; and 1Th5:2-3 says that it ARRIVES at the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" (the FIRST one Jesus listed in His Olivet Discourse [Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE' ('a certain one' bringing deception)], with MANY MORE "birth PANGS [PLURAL]" that follow on from that INITIAL one; and the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" [which, if you recall I said they are parallel the SEALS] would be SEAL #1; and this then would also be parallel to the "whose COMING/ARRIVAL/advent/presence/parousia" of 2Th2:9a's "man of sin" at the START of the "7-yr period" [parallel Dan9:27a(26)'s wording], where both passages [2Th2 and Dan9:27] cover the ENTIRE 7-yr trib, not merely 3.5 yrs of it).

I could go into more detail, but most people find it too tedious to follow, so I will quit here (I'm sure I've already lost a lot of readers by this point :D )

[p.s. would appreciate, if you would, your giving a hint of feedback, like providing a blurb about what point it is you think I've made (re: your Q), so I can tell if it "got through" (even if you disagree :D ). Thanks]

Nov 23, 2013
the lost, whose leader commited the abomination. the subjects of Gods wrath
Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus cursed Israel and left them desolate, why wouldn't that be exactly who Daniel 9 is talking about?

John146

Jan 13, 2016

What? Lol, the spirit of antichrist is here working in this world even today. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant in this world, not on the DB. :D

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
What? Lol, the spirit of antichrist is here working in this world even today. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant in this world, not on the DB. :D

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

No absolutely... it was my mistake... i thought you called eg the antichrist🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus cursed Israel and left them desolate, why wouldn't that be exactly who Daniel 9 is talking about?
Yes, "house" is usually a term designated to Israel.