End Times Timeline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

The time line did not start with Jesus first coming?
Not even in 70 ad.
It started in 1948 when the prophecy of the regathering of Israel came to pass just as the scriptures said.
Jesus said that this generation shall not pass till they see the son of man come again.
Question remains how long is a biblical generation? We know it's not 40 yrs. Not 60 yrs. Could it be 80 yrs?
If so then we have 8 yrs left.
Jesus said no man knows the day or hour but by the signs that will increase with intensity know that it's near.
Check out the statistics on earthquakes, starvation, pestilence, war, national disaster, global declining.
Look at the hearts of men is it like in the days of Noah? Where there was no fear or concern of judgement?
Are there more gentiles than Jews in Israel today?

Jan 17, 2020
Not even in 70 ad.
It started in 1948 when the prophecy of the regathering of Israel came to pass just as the scriptures said.
Jesus said that this generation shall not pass till they see the son of man come again.
Question remains how long is a biblical generation? We know it's not 40 yrs. Not 60 yrs. Could it be 80 yrs?
Jesus said no man knows the day or hour but by the signs that will increase with intensity know that it's near.
Check out the statistics on earthquakes, starvation, pestilence, war, national disaster, global declining.
Look at the hearts of men is it like in the days of Noah? Where there was no fear or concern of judgement?
What makes you think 1948 was a fulfilment of prophecy?

Nov 23, 2013
Paul speaks as this day is in the future.

1 Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
AD 70 was future for Paul.

The part that I'm not sure of is whether or not the day of the Lord and the time of Jacob's trouble are the same event. If they are, then the day of the Lord started when Christ came and finished in AD 70.

If they're not the same event then Jacob's trouble started when Christ came and then the day of the Lord happened at AD 70.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
AD 70 was future for Paul.

The part that I'm not sure of is whether or not the day of the Lord and the time of Jacob's trouble are the same event. If they are, then the day of the Lord started when Christ came and finished in AD 70.

If they're not the same event then Jacob's trouble started when Christ came and then the day of the Lord happened at AD 70.
The day of the Lord Jesus Christ is His second coming. Did the Lord come in 70 A.D.?

Nov 23, 2013
I too believe it is not merely "a singular 24-hr day"

I just made a post over in another thread (will be back to attach the link if I can find it in less than "5 mins" LOL ), but I believe the text in 2Th2:2 should read "Day of the Lord" (rather than "Day of Christ," which I believe is distinct)... and that Paul's point was (b/c he didn't want anyone to convince the Thessalonians that "the Day of the Lord [time period] IS PRESENT [G1764 - PERFECT indicative]", v.2), [he's explaining] that it will not be present... until such-and-such happens *FIRST* [ONE THING listed as *FIRST*]

(meaning [overall], that it is not yet present at the time of his writing this 2Th epistle) ;)

found the post (for interested readers): https://christianchat.com/threads/t...r-pretrib-rapture-dynamic.190215/post-4162974
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Do you think the day of the Lord is the coming of Christ and our gathering together with him?

Nov 23, 2013
To those who believe the abomination of desolation happened.... How do you view the return of our Lord?
Which return of the Lord are you about, the second advent or his return from the grave when he was resurrected?

Nov 23, 2013
Not even in 70 ad.

Nov 23, 2013
The day of the Lord Jesus Christ is His second coming. Did the Lord come in 70 A.D.?
(Amo 5:18) Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
(Amo 5:19) As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
(Amo 5:20) Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

The day of the Lord is nothing but darkness, no light in it, just destruction and punishment. The second coming of Christ, the hope than is in all, how can the BRIGHTNESS of his coming be included in an event that God says is nothing but darkness and destruction?

Nov 23, 2013
I don't.. I am not a preterist.. I believe that doctrine was promoted by the Roman Catholic church who wanted their church to be seen as the fulfillment of the 1000 year rule of the Saints with Jesus.. That's why there was a huge movement around the year 1000AD that was expecting the end of the world and the final judgement.. Of course when it never happened that's when they had to change their interpretation of the 1000 years from a literal 1000 year millennium to a symbolic 1000 year rule..

Now these Roman catholic doctrines have been transferred into a lot of the protestant churches.. Sad to say such doctrines actually stand against the formation of these very same protestant churches and legitimizes the rule of the Roman catholic church as the true Church of God.. Because for the most part past 70'ad the very same Roman catholic church ruled through the roman empire and the subsequent break away nations that formed after the Roman Empire fell.. Right up to the time of Luther and the protestant reformation..
I believe the way I believe because of all the Old Testament passage that point to the events around the first coming of Christ. Events that the writers of the New Testament tell us were fulfilled.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Which return of the Lord are you about, the second advent or his return from the grave when he was resurrected?
The return of our Lord.

I am not speaking of anything that has happened.

I do not agree the AoD happened yet.

I am speaking of the future.

To those who believe the AoD happened, how do you view the coming return of our Lord?

A few verses I'd like to hear your understanding on as well....

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

______

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

_______

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

______

^^^^

No rush. Take you're time. I won't shoot down your argument either.

Just curious how it is possible to believe as some others here do.

Nov 23, 2013
Oba 1:15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
Oba 1:16 For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

That is probably one of the most direct and easeist to see PROOFS that the day of the Lord timing takes place around the time of the first coming.

The day of the Lord is the time when the Jews reward was returned upon their own head (punishment) and the GENTILES began to drink CONTINUALLY upon the mountain of God (Christ), and, the GENTILES became the people of God along with the saved the Jews.

How can anyone read that and think that this could be any other time than the first coming of Christ when SIMEON said:

(Act 15:14) Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

P

pottersclay

What makes you think 1948 was a fulfilment of prophecy?
I don't think it I know it . The event of 70 ad was to scatter the children of Israel throughout the world then the Lord said he would regather the Israelites back to their land. In one day they shall become a nation.
No where in history did one nation be so scattered and without a land such as Israel. And in one day declared a state if you will.
Both are prophecy fulfillment.
Our time line has always been Israel for there the prophets declared.
God was very specific on what and when on these events. Only by his hand could it ever come true.
He also said he would defend him....look at the wars fought when they first were declared. Against all odds were there enemy defeated. Out numbered, out gunned yet they won against all odds.
A very interesting study.

Jan 17, 2020
I don't think it I know it . The event of 70 ad was to scatter the children of Israel throughout the world then the Lord said he would regather the Israelites back to their land. In one day they shall become a nation.
No where in history did one nation be so scattered and without a land such as Israel. And in one day declared a state if you will.
Both are prophecy fulfillment.
Our time line has always been Israel for there the prophets declared.
God was very specific on what and when on these events. Only by his hand could it ever come true.
He also said he would defend him....look at the wars fought when they first were declared. Against all odds were there enemy defeated. Out numbered, out gunned yet they won against all odds.
A very interesting study.
The Church is Biblical Israel. Pagan Israel is not. God removed them because they rejected Christ Romans 11.

E

eternally-gratefull

Oba 1:15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
Oba 1:16 For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

That is probably one of the most direct and easeist to see PROOFS that the day of the Lord timing takes place around the time of the first coming.

The day of the Lord is the time when the Jews reward was returned upon their own head (punishment) and the GENTILES began to drink CONTINUALLY upon the mountain of God (Christ), and, the GENTILES became the people of God along with the saved the Jews.

How can anyone read that and think that this could be any other time than the first coming of Christ when SIMEON said:

(Act 15:14) Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
just like earlier I think in this thread, maybe another.

Look up context would help us to see who is being spoken about. or when

Obadiah 1: Concerning Edom
For violence against your brother Jacob,
Shame shall cover you,

And you shall be cut off forever.
11 In the day that you stood on the other side—
In the day that strangers carried captive his forces,
When foreigners entered his gates
And cast lots for Jerusalem—

Even you were as one of them.

12 “But you should not have gazed on the day of your brother
In the day of his captivity;

Nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah
In the day of their destruction;

Nor should you have spoken proudly
In the day of distress.

13 You should not have entered the gate of My people
In the day of their calamity.

Indeed, you should not have [gazed on their affliction
In the day of their calamity,

Nor laid hands on their substance

14 You should not have stood at the crossroads
To cut off those among them who escaped;

Nor should you have delivered up those among them who remained
In the day of distress.

15 “For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near;
As you have done, it shall be done to you;
Your [g]reprisal shall return upon your own head.
16 For as you drank on My holy mountain,
So shall all the nations drink continually;
Yes, they shall drink, and swallow,
And they shall be as though they had never been.

Israel’s Final Triumph
17 “But on Mount Zion there shall be [h]deliverance,
And there shall be holiness;
The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

18 The house of Jacob shall be a fire,
And the house of Joseph a flame;

But the house of Esau shall be stubble;
They shall kindle them and devour them,
And no survivor shall remain of the house of Esau,”
For the Lord has spoken.

19 The [i]South shall possess the mountains of Esau,
And the Lowland shall possess Philistia.
They shall possess the fields of Ephraim
And the fields of Samaria.
Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20 And the captives of this host of the children of Israel
Shall possess the land of the Canaanites

As far as Zarephath.
The captives of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad
Shall possess the cities of the [j]South.

21 Then saviors[k] shall come to Mount Zion
To judge the mountains of Esau,
And the kingdom shall be the Lord’s.

as we can see. It is Esau/Edom who is judged.

Israel will be the victor and given her land.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
(Amo 5:18) Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
(Amo 5:19) As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
(Amo 5:20) Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

The day of the Lord is nothing but darkness, no light in it, just destruction and punishment. The second coming of Christ, the hope than is in all, how can the BRIGHTNESS of his coming be included in an event that God says is nothing but darkness and destruction?
There is light in the world, the Church, the children of light.

During the tribulation, that light will no longer be here, leading up to the Lord's return.

Nov 23, 2013
It may seem like I'm a preterist but I'm not. I believe that Christ will return again and I think those verses are about that.
I believe the tribulation of those days was the tribulation of the first Christians. That tribulation forced them to flee from Jerusalem and God used those that were scattered to spread the gospel early on.

I believe the sign of the son of man and him coming with the clouds is directly related to verse 27 and 28.

(Mat 24:27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(Mat 24:28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

The carcase was the dead body of Jesus, the eagles are the one's taken in Luke 17:36

Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

One shall be taken... Taken where Lord? To the body of their Lord. I can't think of any "dead body" that would apply to Jesus coming 2000+ years down the road... Especially a dead body that "the ones taken" would be taken to.

Nov 23, 2013
I tend to agree that the day of Christ is the second coming and no I don't think the 2nd coming happened in AD 70. I think God destroyed Israel in AD 70.

Nov 23, 2013
just like earlier I think in this thread, maybe another.

Look up context would help us to see who is being spoken about. or when

Obadiah 1: Concerning Edom
For violence against your brother Jacob,
Shame shall cover you,

And you shall be cut off forever.
11 In the day that you stood on the other side—
In the day that strangers carried captive his forces,
When foreigners entered his gates
And cast lots for Jerusalem—
Even you were as one of them.

12 “But you should not have gazed on the day of your brother
In the day of his captivity;
Nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah
In the day of their destruction;
Nor should you have spoken proudly
In the day of distress.

13 You should not have entered the gate of My people

Indeed, you should not have [gazed on their affliction
In the day of their calamity,

Nor laid hands on their substance

14 You should not have stood at the crossroads
To cut off those among them who escaped;

Nor should you have delivered up those among them who remained
In the day of distress.

15 “For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near;
As you have done, it shall be done to you;
Your [g]reprisal shall return upon your own head.
16 For as you drank on My holy mountain,
So shall all the nations drink continually;
Yes, they shall drink, and swallow,
And they shall be as though they had never been.

Israel’s Final Triumph
17 “But on Mount Zion there shall be [h]deliverance,
And there shall be holiness;
The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

18 The house of Jacob shall be a fire,
And the house of Joseph a flame;

But the house of Esau shall be stubble;
They shall kindle them and devour them,
And no survivor shall remain of the house of Esau,”
For the Lord has spoken.

19 The [i]South shall possess the mountains of Esau,
And the Lowland shall possess Philistia.
They shall possess the fields of Ephraim
And the fields of Samaria.
Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20 And the captives of this host of the children of Israel
Shall possess the land of the Canaanites

As far as Zarephath.
The captives of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad
Shall possess the cities of the [j]South.

21 Then saviors[k] shall come to Mount Zion
To judge the mountains of Esau,
And the kingdom shall be the Lord’s.

as we can see. It is Esau/Edom who is judged.

Israel will be the victor and given her land.
Esau wasn't judged, Esau was dead and had been dead for centuries. Esau REPRESENTS the flesh descendants of Israel.

Do you believe the heathen begin to drink upon the mountain of the Lord when Christ came the first time or is this something future?

Nov 23, 2013
There is light in the world, the Church, the children of light.

During the tribulation, that light will no longer be here, leading up to the Lord's return.
But Amos isn't about light in the world, it is specific about the day of the Lord, he is saying that there is NOTHING good about it. It's a judgement and destruction from God.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
But Amos isn't about light in the world, it is specific about the day of the Lord, he is saying that there is NOTHING good about it. It's a judgement and destruction from God.
Matthew 24:6-8
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The problem is what time frame to put this in. Although many want to put its fulfillment around 70 A.D. there are problems:

1. Nation didn't rise against nation, Rome was in control.

2. Nor were there any pestilence and earthquakes, however there has been a slow buildup of these things the past couple of centuries.

3. None of the apostles here addressed were delivered up and hated of all nations after 70 A.D. because none of them were alive except John.