End times

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Wsb

‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭

And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12:13‬ ‭

But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

People who obsess over, argue about, worry about, predict about, over study and over value the end times described in the bible might want to drop these things and spend more time in service to our Christ.

Some will say of Daniel 12:9, but it is appropriate because these are the end times. Christ may not return in our lifetimes and then what will come of your obsession? You may end up standing before our Lord, explaining why you wasted so much time on something that did not happen in your lifetime. (Daniel 12:13).

Let us all get to work for our Christ as bondservants, not as unprofitable servants.

Jun 20, 2022
or you can look at it this way:
Daniel was told to seal the words until the end:
John, in Revelation, was told to not seal the words:

so no wasted time, because, the words are no longer sealed and should be discussed.

W

Wsb

or you can look at it this way:
Daniel was told to seal the words until the end:
John, in Revelation, was told to not seal the words:

so no wasted time, because, the words are no longer sealed and should be discussed.
I let my original words stand.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think this is a great thread! Too many people, esp the High Rapture Hyperdispendationalists who spend all their time on the end, counting on the end to come any day, when it is more likely it won’t come in our life time! Esp because so much Bible prophecy has been twisted.

But anyone found preaching the gospel, caring for the poor, growing in Christ, loving God and their neighbour as themself can never go wrong. If Jesus does return quickly, who will be found wanting? The person actively evangelizing, or comforting the sick, or the person surrounded by various commentaries which can never be 100% true?

I hope God will find me on mission with him, whether I die or whether he returns at an unexpected time! Good post!

W

Wsb

I think this is a great thread! Too many people, esp the High Rapture Hyperdispendationalists who spend all their time on the end, counting on the end to come any day, when it is more likely it won’t come in our life time! Esp because so much Bible prophecy has been twisted.

But anyone found preaching the gospel, caring for the poor, growing in Christ, loving God and their neighbour as themself can never go wrong. If Jesus does return quickly, who will be found wanting? The person actively evangelizing, or comforting the sick, or the person surrounded by various commentaries which can never be 100% true?

I hope God will find me on mission with him, whether I die or whether he returns at an unexpected time! Good post!
Very encouraging and true words. Please continue in this. We all need mature accountability. May God bless you for your courage and care

Jun 20, 2022
I let my original words stand.
They are just and true concerning the preaching of the Gospel. My point is for those who are able to use the Gift of Discernment. they're, as in the majority of the Theological world + those with the Gift understand what's happening as I type in Israel with HAMAS that will become Ezekiel 38/39.

Knowing that much, means, a Peace Treaty is the beginning of the 7 years of End Time Prophecy.

I can see how those without the Gift of Discernment would think we have all of the time in the world. But if we really are about to fulfill Prophecy, dragging our feet and not Warning the World seems like a Failure on our part.

That is, unless, you hold to the belief God has already predestined who goes where.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. 6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. 7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

If you see the end commimg and fail to prepare yourself, your blood is on you.
But if you fail to tell others that don't know any different, their blood will be on you also.

It is clear that the end is close

3, 10, or 30 years are all a short time in the big picture. We are told let our lights shine. Not to hide it under a bushle

Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

I agree we need to focus on doing good.
Helping the poor and needy. But watching and being ready and telling others the Lord is coming, is also important.

Apr 18, 2020
Vancouver Island
I've often employed this statement (question) to people lately: "What did you think the end of the world would look like???"

The end times have been crouching at the door for a long time; but the Plandemic, the worldwide effort to bring about New Babylon, was the linch pin (so to speak) which facillitated the pulling out of all the stops. The fact that the end is now upon is the stuff of things hidden in plain sight. Never could it be truer of Isaiah 5:20 than in this present time. It's the confluence of ALL the evil in the world presently which sums up Paul's statement about 'the mystery of inquity' -whether the U.S.'s proxy war in Ukraine (intended to inflame the passions of local governments- Putin's in particular), or the U.S.'s proxy war now in Israel/Gaza (intended to spark a regional conflict which could eventuate a world war)...ad nauseum, ad infinitum, ad absurdum...

The prophets/prophetesses in Jesus' time (i.e., those who looked forward to his advent- Luke 2:25-38)) knew what the hour was, because they continued in the Scriptures and were spiritually-minded. For those who do the same in this time, they know that the end is very near. When called upon, fear not to love not your life unto the death.

Remember the poor- in spirit and in body.

And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

People who obsess over, argue about, worry about, predict about, over study and over value the end times described in the bible might want to drop these things and spend more time in service to our Christ.

Some will say of Daniel 12:9, but it is appropriate because these are the end times. Christ may not return in our lifetimes and then what will come of your obsession? You may end up standing before our Lord, explaining why you wasted so much time on something that did not happen in your lifetime. (Daniel 12:13).

Let us all get to work for our Christ as bondservants, not as unprofitable servants.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013

Can't I do both?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Yep another one of those moments where someone on the www is suggesting we should "not watch" and us trying to figure out just exactly why our Lord Jesus said to watch in EVERY SEASON and even gave us Daniel,Revelation,Matthew 24,Mark 13,Luke 21 ect. if we were never suppose to watch? https://biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/21-36.htm

W

Wsb

Blessin
They are just and true concerning the preaching of the Gospel. My point is for those who are able to use the Gift of Discernment. they're, as in the majority of the Theological world + those with the Gift understand what's happening as I type in Israel with HAMAS that will become Ezekiel 38/39.

Knowing that much, means, a Peace Treaty is the beginning of the 7 years of End Time Prophecy.

I can see how those without the Gift of Discernment would think we have all of the time in the world. But if we really are about to fulfill Prophecy, dragging our feet and not Warning the World seems like a Failure on our part.

That is, unless, you hold to the belief God has already predestined who goes where.
I offer with hope and love. I will not argue. Hopefully some will find my post useful in their honest service to our Lord.

W

Wsb

I've often employed this statement (question) to people lately: "What did you think the end of the world would look like???"

The end times have been crouching at the door for a long time; but the Plandemic, the worldwide effort to bring about New Babylon, was the linch pin (so to speak) which facillitated the pulling out of all the stops. The fact that the end is now upon is the stuff of things hidden in plain sight. Never could it be truer of Isaiah 5:20 than in this present time. It's the confluence of ALL the evil in the world presently which sums up Paul's statement about 'the mystery of inquity' -whether the U.S.'s proxy war in Ukraine (intended to inflame the passions of local governments- Putin's in particular), or the U.S.'s proxy war now in Israel/Gaza (intended to spark a regional conflict which could eventuate a world war)...ad nauseum, ad infinitum, ad absurdum...

The prophets/prophetesses in Jesus' time (i.e., those who looked forward to his advent- Luke 2:25-38)) knew what the hour was, because they continued in the Scriptures and were spiritually-minded. For those who do the same in this time, they know that the end is very near. When called upon, fear not to love not your life unto the death.

Remember the poor- in spirit and in body.
I offer with hope and love. I will not argue. Hopefully some will find my post useful in their honest service to our Lord.

W

Wsb

W

Wsb

"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near" (Revelation 1:3)

W

Wsb

Can you walk and chew gum? You should do both. Otherwise, you won't have the full counsel of God.