Enjoying the site but..

  • Thread starter Thread starter doll
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doll

Guest
I enjoy this site so much, I rarely come on the forums but I am still getting settled in. I have met a few really cool people, some not so cool. I have always been less of a follower and more of a free spirit. I have noticed some people in the chat just like the hear themselves speak...I currently frequent the Lounge area.

Anyway the main things that disturb me are men who flirt in PM's even though my private message says clearly I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT! I quickly block them with an ignore. Another thing that really bugs me is the people I mentioned earlier, who like to hear themselves speak. They hog the mic, talk extra slow so people are forced to listen as if we are clinging to each word ...and talk about mundane things no one really cares about. They fish for compliments on looks and say things for attention. It's really sad.

okay I vented lol
 
lol I wouldn't let it bother you too much, there will be people like that and sadly I would not put it above people to flirt with you in a pm. Personally I stay in the forums
 
I gave up on cam/mic not long after joining the site. And gave up on chats as i grew tired of the inane, immature, clique-ish behavior. Even seeing people getting upset if the topic turns spiritual. I'm all for goofing around, but it just degrades too far there.
 
Blain;bt5283 said:
lol I wouldn't let it bother you too much, there will be people like that and sadly I would not put it above people to flirt with you in a pm. Personally I stay in the forums
I have started to venture to the forums, thank you for the advice.
 
Ugly;bt5284 said:
I gave up on cam/mic not long after joining the site. And gave up on chats as i grew tired of the inane, immature, clique-ish behavior. Even seeing people getting upset if the topic turns spiritual. I'm all for goofing around, but it just degrades too far there.


I agree fully and I have seen what you mentioned. The cliques are pretty bad...someone started "to stone me" in the bible study.
 
Were you on mic in the bible study? If not that they acknowledged you enough to stone you is actually impressive hahaha.
 
i totally see where you are coming from. I usually haunt the bible study forum and find more often then not that it is more accurately described as the bible argue room. As far as the lounge for the most part i stay out. It seems that if you even mention God in their then someone tries to attack you and tell you to get out of the lounge with that....

but what annoys me the most usually happens in both rooms. I have seen too many people come into both rooms and ask for prayer or advice and everyone shuns them and tells them to go into a different room with their issues....

I mean if this was how most churches operated then the pews would be alot emptier then they are.

BTW i am always available as a wall or ear which ever is needed or desired. so feel free to pm me.