Ephesians 4:11-16

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
As I said the New Testament did not exist in the New Testament Church
Okay so yes... the disciples were drawing on the Old Testament.. the new was not yet written.

But.... you have completed books for the New Testament churches to adhere to from the likes of Paul, Titus, Timothy.. before AD 100.

C

ChristianTonyB

I don't like arguing or even debating. I like doing, not talking. In the case of Gideon, out of 32,000 men, 31, 700 were talkers. Only 300 were doers. That's the overall ration today still. But this is a website, so I can't do anything. I better do some talking then.

Firstly, yes, your opinions are getting in the way of your understanding. And they're getting in God's way. Before you rise in your own defense again, like all people are prone to do, let's briefly look at the way the apostles' own opinions got in Jesus's way and prevented the Gospel from spreading after Jesus ascended:

The apostles were Jews first. In one sentence, the Jewish mindset of the day about God's relationship to Jews and Gentiles was that 'God is God of the Jews, but not of the Gentiles'. The apostles had this same mindset which was evident from the start of the early Church. In Acts 6:1-7, we see that this Jewish mindset (to discriminate against non-Jews) was so strong that the early Jewish believers were discriminating against Jewish widows-- widows who were fully Jewish... but simply from Grecian nations.

Before arguing (thinking) within, "Well the apostles fixed that prejudice issue with the widows," realize that before Jesus died and rose and ascended, He told the apostles several times that they must take the Gospel first to the Jews and then to the Gentiles. To enumerate, in case anyone should say His command wasn't clear enough, in Acts 1:8, Jesus told the apostles that they must preach the Gospel first in Jerusalem (stronghold of Jewish religion), then in Judea (the common Jew), then in Samaria (people who were mixed with Jew and Gentiles), then in every nation on earth (fully-Gentile nations). Jesus made it easy on them: start with Jews, slowly branch out to Jews who are mixed with Gentiles, then go to the Gentiles. But the apostles' Jewish worldview wouldn't allow them. As a result, in Acts 10 Jesus had to come Peter ten years later and forcefully stir him up to take the Gospel to the Gentiles, giving him the same vision three times back to back-- something that you don't see anywhere else in the Bible, because whereas God only dealt with the heart in the OT, in the NT He began to also deal with the mind... and the apostles' refusal to preach to the Gentiles was not a heart issue (ie. their hearts weren't against the Gentiles); it was an issue of their minds (ie. their preferences, prejudices, biases, beliefs, thoughts, human carnal reasoning, arguments, and opinions which set themselves against God's truth-- even God's known and accepted truths; their minds were against the Gentiles). The apostles didn't hate the Gentiles (heart issue); but they didn't accept them as worthy of God's Grace (a mind issue). Years later, Peter again regressed to his Jewish mindset, showing that mindsets are a real issue and do war against God's Kingdom and ways, and Paul had to forcefully remind Peter that God doesn't only love and accept the Jews but also the Gentiles. (Galatians 2:11-17.)

If the apostles' opinions got in their and God's way, how can you presume to begin to think to say that your opinions cannot and do not do the same? The amount of time you've been in ministry is moot. It doesn't matter at all. And I mean at all. Everything you said is about your own personal preferences and prejudices which is the attitude little children have. At least three separate times in your recent very short comment, you sat on the throne with your own preferences and feelings taking center stage above all else:

"I certainly don't trust your opinion... although I agree with some of it... The Lord is bringing out a few from denominations for Himself. That, I am sure of."

Most churches don't talk about overt sins to begin with (ie. sins that can be observed objectively), and almost no churches talk about covert sins (preferences, biases, attitudes in the heart and mind). Since this is the case, especially regarding covert sins, why would we know about our own covert sins and wrong attitudes and mindsets when none of the 'experts' or our trusted leaders ever tells us we're wrong? Your thinking does get in God's way. The fact that you can't grasp that this could even be true shows that you have not found in the Bible that the greater sins are not outward or overt sins but inward sins of the heart and mind. There's not one soul who will end up in 'Hell' because of sin (observable wrongdoing); rather, everyone who ends up in 'Hell' goes there because of rebellion (covert wrongdoing-- a heart issue). Sin is the outward issue; rebellion is the real issue. That's why blasphemy against the Holy Spirit or denying Jesus as the way to God is rebellion, not sin. That's also why when both Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses, God punished only Mirian and not Aaron. Aaron was only guilty of sin (speaking against Moses); but Miriam was guilty of sin and rebellion (her heart was set against Moses). Put away your 39 years of christianity and read the passage in Numbers 12. The only conclusion you'll be able to come to in that passage as to why God punished Miriam but not Aaron will either be that God hates women... or that Miriam was 'more wrong' than Aaron-- but that the Bible didn't fully explain it to us. (A clue to the fact Miriam was rebellious while Aaron was not is in what God says about how Miriam's father would've treated her if she disrespected him.) We can only learn what we've been taught by others or through experience, etc. Especially in God, there is always more to learn. Always.
That's your interpretation of the matter, it's obviously not mine. Claiming to be a son of Caleb (or Joshua), doesn't make us one. You seem to be relying on your interpretation of scripture as being correct. I've tried to have a relationship with the Spirit behind scripture, and rely on His direct counsel rather than rely on my own interpretation and understanding, because I realised my own capacity for understanding is limited.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
That's your interpretation of the matter, it's obviously not mine. Claiming to be a son of Caleb (or Joshua), doesn't make us one. You seem to be relying on your interpretation of scripture as being correct. I've tried to have a relationship with the Spirit behind scripture, and rely on His direct counsel rather than rely on my own interpretation and understanding, because I realised my own capacity for understanding is limited.
The Bible says that the fallen angels and those princes and dominions and royal-born entities in the heavenly places will recognize mature believers through the wisdom they display (Eph. 3:8-10) but that human beings on earth will recognize genuine believers by their expressive or practical love not for their neighbors or for the world but for their fellow believers (John 13:34-35).

christians who are constantly arguing with or attacking each other don't have love. If no one recognizes, acknowledges, or admits it, the principalities and powers certainly do. I trust their discernment better than that of biased christians who choose to believe that they are doing everything right. If you believe you're living your life the right way, then you have no need to be wrestling over this topic. Continue living your life. I'm not interested in convincing you of anything because no one can convince me of anything. Like the Pharaoh who refused to let Israel go free, people whose hearts are hard can see the truth; they just refuse to.

It appears apparent to me that Religion has hardened you. Jesus, on the other hand, makes people softer, more pliable, wiser. He doesn't make people 'christians'; He makes people 'good'. Religion's effect is the opposite and makes people self-righteous rather than righteous. As carnal humans, we naturally innately or secretly (or latently, whichever word you choose) 'hate' other human beings (this is evidenced in Cain's killing of Abel and his attitude about it). When religion comes along, the effect it has is like one who gave us the authority or confidence to hate people openly. (My definition of 'hate' here is not the dictionary definition but the biblical definition according to 1John 3:10-18.)

In man's economy, we're ruled by our biases, prejudices, ignorance, and pride when it comes to choosing who is and isn't worthy of this or that. But in God's economy, He gives not to those who are deserving or 'worthy' but to those who draw near to Him without with childlike, not hardened, hearts. If you agree with the following passages below, then you should be willing and eager to take an internal look at yourself, your life, and especially your heart "for out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23). God gives wisdom and understanding and knowledge and discernment and prudence and discretion and insight and revelation to those who want those things from Him-- regardless of their age, status, gender, or station in life-- not to those who don't rely on Him for those things (which is why He chose Jacob and not Esau: Esau, like any normal person, wanted blessings and success and prosperity; Jacob wanted those same things, but he wanted them all to come directly from God).

* I am young in years, and you are very old; therefore I was afraid, and dared not declare my opinion to you. I said, "Age should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom." But there is a spirit in man, and the breath of the Almighty gives understanding. Great men are not always wise, nor do the aged always understand justice (Job 32:6-9).

* You, through [obedience to] Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies (or Your opinions) are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts (Psalm 119:98-100).

* The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and to them He will reveal His [ways] (Ps. 25:14).

* After three days they found [the Child Jesus] in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard Him was amazed at His understanding and His answers (Luke 2:46-47).

* Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight" (Matthew 11:25-26).

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
it is written: Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

C

ChristianTonyB

The Bible says that the fallen angels and those princes and dominions and royal-born entities in the heavenly places will recognize mature believers through the wisdom they display (Eph. 3:8-10) but that human beings on earth will recognize genuine believers by their expressive or practical love not for their neighbors or for the world but for their fellow believers (John 13:34-35).

christians who are constantly arguing with or attacking each other don't have love. If no one recognizes, acknowledges, or admits it, the principalities and powers certainly do. I trust their discernment better than that of biased christians who choose to believe that they are doing everything right. If you believe you're living your life the right way, then you have no need to be wrestling over this topic. Continue living your life. I'm not interested in convincing you of anything because no one can convince me of anything. Like the Pharaoh who refused to let Israel go free, people whose hearts are hard can see the truth; they just refuse to.

It appears apparent to me that Religion has hardened you. Jesus, on the other hand, makes people softer, more pliable, wiser. He doesn't make people 'christians'; He makes people 'good'. Religion's effect is the opposite and makes people self-righteous rather than righteous. As carnal humans, we naturally innately or secretly (or latently, whichever word you choose) 'hate' other human beings (this is evidenced in Cain's killing of Abel and his attitude about it). When religion comes along, the effect it has is like one who gave us the authority or confidence to hate people openly. (My definition of 'hate' here is not the dictionary definition but the biblical definition according to 1John 3:10-18.)

In man's economy, we're ruled by our biases, prejudices, ignorance, and pride when it comes to choosing who is and isn't worthy of this or that. But in God's economy, He gives not to those who are deserving or 'worthy' but to those who draw near to Him without with childlike, not hardened, hearts. If you agree with the following passages below, then you should be willing and eager to take an internal look at yourself, your life, and especially your heart "for out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23). God gives wisdom and understanding and knowledge and discernment and prudence and discretion and insight and revelation to those who want those things from Him-- regardless of their age, status, gender, or station in life-- not to those who don't rely on Him for those things (which is why He chose Jacob and not Esau: Esau, like any normal person, wanted blessings and success and prosperity; Jacob wanted those same things, but he wanted them all to come directly from God).

* I am young in years, and you are very old; therefore I was afraid, and dared not declare my opinion to you. I said, "Age should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom." But there is a spirit in man, and the breath of the Almighty gives understanding. Great men are not always wise, nor do the aged always understand justice (Job 32:6-9).

* You, through [obedience to] Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies (or Your opinions) are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts (Psalm 119:98-100).

* The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and to them He will reveal His [ways] (Ps. 25:14).

* After three days they found [the Child Jesus] in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard Him was amazed at His understanding and His answers (Luke 2:46-47).

* Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight" (Matthew 11:25-26).
That's ok. We are all required to work on/out our own salvation with all fear and trembling. You must do what you believe is pleasing to the Lord Jesus, as I must too. I'll disengage from this conversation with you as per your wishes. 🙂

C

ChristianTonyB

it is written: Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
... and I hope you don't mind if I add, that we must do more than just hear it, we must live it...we must drive out our character flaws.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Okay so yes... the disciples were drawing on the Old Testament.. the new was not yet written.

But.... you have completed books for the New Testament churches to adhere to from the likes of Paul, Titus, Timothy.. before AD 100.
No, they didn't they had word of mouth and individual letters.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Come on man!

It was in process and the books finished being inspired around then.

We are talking about the process ..not the paper. God finished inspiration around then.
At 70AD it wasn't even written. All they had were individual letters.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
They have got everything so tight you can hardly breathe.
Yeah, it's not a good system. But no one has the right system down yet. Every system or denomination is flawed. Catholicism has some good traits that christians can use such as that sense of fear or reverence for God. It might not be real among Catholics or Muslims, but it is there. It is not there among christians. We just wanna have fun and ride the coattails of Grace to Heaven without doing any of the work of working out our salvation "with fear and trembling". What a shame.

Jesus said that light is greater than darkness and that darkness can't overcome light. In our world, the darkness is overcoming the light (ie. there is very little witness of Jesus's resurrection, existence, or influence in the churches which, if they were there, would naturally begin to spill out into the world). This simply means, if we at least claim to believe the Bible, that there is no light in the churches. Generally speaking, there is no light in the churches, therefore, the world has a greater impact on the world... and on the churches.

presidente

May 29, 2013
See Ephesians 2:20: "So then, you are no longer strangers and aliens, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,"

The apostles and prophets laid the foundation; once a foundation is laid you can't lay another. This is one of the main passages used by those who say apostles and prophets are no more. But let's look at this.

For one thing, the apostles haven't vanished; they still speak to us through the New Testament. My only objection is to those who say we now have modern-day apostles who speak with the same authority as the original apostles. In the New Testament there are apostles (lower case) and Apostles (upper case). The word apostle means "one who is sent." The Apostles were special messengers of Jesus Himself; they spoke with authority and wrote scripture. The other apostles we simply messengers sent back and forth between people and congregations.

Ephesians 2:20 also says the foundation was laid by the prophets. The same logic can be applied as was applied to apostles. The foundation has been laid and you can't lay another. I'm a little less dogmatic about saying there no longer remain modern-day prophets, but those who laid the foundation seem to be a special category of prophets. I'm cautious about giving modern-day prophets the same authority and status as those early prophets. There are a lot of so-called prophets out there today who aren't prophets at all but speak from their own imaginations.
Trying to get an argument from this that apostles and prophets have ceased is kind of weak. For one thing, once a foundation is laid to a building, a foundation __can__ be laid again. Just think of lateral expansion, adding some storehouses to the temple, or adding an extra bathroom or nursery to the first floor of a house. You'd need a foundation wouldn't you? There still are missionaries and church planter types going to those who haven't believed the Gospel yet, even those who have not heard it.

Did the Jerusalem church have a foundation? Was it built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets? That church started _before_ Paul was sent.

presidente

May 29, 2013
There were only 12 Apostles chosen and set apart by Face and Command of the LORD.

All other true apostles that come after the 12 will and must completely adhere to and submit to "it is written" from Genesis to Revelation.
Paul was not one of the twelve according to the qualifications Peter laid out in Acts 1 or his own words in I Corinthians 15. And he wrote scripture. Not only that, but he, Silvanus, and Timothy wrote I Thessalonians and in chapter 2, they referred to themselves as 'apostles of Christ.'

There is no new Scripture being written down to be added to Scripture or by taking away from Scripture.
You seem to be under the assumption that apostle=scripture writer. Where do you get that from scripture?

Jesus said to pray the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers into His harvest. Then Jesus prayed all night on a mountain. When He came down, he designated 12 as apostles and sent them out to preach with instructions to heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils.

In Acts 13, we read that the Spirit spoke to prophets and teachers in Antioch to separate Barnabas and Saul to the work to which He had called them. After that, scripture begins to call them 'apostles', in Acts 14:4 then in 14:14.

It is true that _some_ apostles wrote scripture. But can you show me the book of Bartholomew or the book of Andrew in the Bible?

presidente

May 29, 2013
The accompanying signs, miracles and wonders were for particular purposes in setting up the early churches and communicating Gods Word.

That was completed and fulfilled, so the sign gifts become unnecessary and put away.

That isn't to say God cant heal or do miracles but not thru the gifts.
The Bible teaches the Spirit gives the gifts listed in I Corinthians 12 as He wills. Can you show me in the Bible where it says this teaching is no longer true?

Also, your last sentence implies that God cannot heal or do miracles through the gifts. Can you show me in scripture where God's sovereignty is limited in this way? Isn't it presumptuous to assert that God will not or cannot do things if the Bible does not teach these limitations are there?

Honestly your conclusion just sounds like made-up doctrine. I cannot find it in the Bible. Nor can I find anything in scripture that says that the gifts of healing or miracles would be put away. Can you show me scripture to support that?

I also notice that churches still need to be set up and God's word still needs to be communicated, so your line of reasoning makes little sense.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Yes and the case of the likes of Stephen, who could do the works of an apostle.. they were specially associated with the apostles and therefore the exception rather than the rule.
Where does the Bible teach that miracles were limited to the apostles? Old Testament prophets did miracles before the apostles were born. There is no verse where Jesus said, "Miracles now all come through you guys, now, and your close associates."

Instead, I Corinthians 12 teaches that the Spirit gifts members of the body of Christ with gifts, including 'the working of miracles' as the Spirit wills.

There is also the case of Ananias laying hands on Saul of Tarsus, and Saul being healed of blindness. Saul was way up in Damascus, and we do not know where Ananias was, but the gospel had spread far past Jerusalem. We do not know if Ananias had met the apostles, and there is no indication that he was close friends with them.

What about the two witnesses in Revelation. Are they supposed to be close associates of the Twelve?

presidente

May 29, 2013
Does the 'that which is perfect' passage prove gifts have ceased. Let's look at these verses:

I Corinthians 13

10 But when that which is [d]perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJV)

Before the perfect comes, Paul's understanding and thoughts were like those of a child. During this time, Paul was writing the New Testament.

Those who interpret this passage to mean that once the Bible came, they have perfect understanding are implying that their understanding is so far advanced compared to Paul, and his is like that of a child, and theirs is like that of an adult.

If any of you who hold to this view have ever had the experience of reading Paul's writings as a believer, then months or years later you read those same scriptures and gain understanding that you did not have before... but that Paul clearly had...you disprove your interpretation of this verse. If you are reading Galatians and you suddenly get what Paul is saying in Romans or vice versa, you disprove that interpretation. If Paul when he wrote had understanding you did not have as a new believer, there is a problem with your interpretation of I Corinthians 13.

Aug 2, 2021
Paul was not one of the twelve according to the qualifications Peter laid out in Acts 1 or his own words in I Corinthians 15. And he wrote scripture. Not only that, but he, Silvanus, and Timothy wrote I Thessalonians and in chapter 2, they referred to themselves as 'apostles of Christ.'

You seem to be under the assumption that apostle=scripture writer. Where do you get that from scripture?

Jesus said to pray the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers into His harvest. Then Jesus prayed all night on a mountain. When He came down, he designated 12 as apostles and sent them out to preach with instructions to heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils.

In Acts 13, we read that the Spirit spoke to prophets and teachers in Antioch to separate Barnabas and Saul to the work to which He had called them. After that, scripture begins to call them 'apostles', in Acts 14:4 then in 14:14.

It is true that _some_ apostles wrote scripture. But can you show me the book of Bartholomew or the book of Andrew in the Bible?
This is incorrect = "You seem to be under the assumption that apostle=scripture writer."

Paul met the qualification of being an apostle, and imho he was the one whom the LORD chose to replace Judas.
This is my opinion and is inconsequential to the Complete Message of the Holy Spirit, written throughout, beginning in Genesis.

And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Peace

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Does the 'that which is perfect' passage prove gifts have ceased. Let's look at these verses:

I Corinthians 13

10 But when that which is [d]perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJV)

Before the perfect comes, Paul's understanding and thoughts were like those of a child. During this time, Paul was writing the New Testament.

Those who interpret this passage to mean that once the Bible came, they have perfect understanding are implying that their understanding is so far advanced compared to Paul, and his is like that of a child, and theirs is like that of an adult.

If any of you who hold to this view have ever had the experience of reading Paul's writings as a believer, then months or years later you read those same scriptures and gain understanding that you did not have before... but that Paul clearly had...you disprove your interpretation of this verse. If you are reading Galatians and you suddenly get what Paul is saying in Romans or vice versa, you disprove that interpretation. If Paul when he wrote had understanding you did not have as a new believer, there is a problem with your interpretation of I Corinthians 13.
Perfect in the bible's context is mostly referring to completion and maturity, rather than sinlessness or perfection in terms of unblemished.

The understanding isn't perfect understanding on the part of the believer.. but access to the perfect Word of God.. complete and mature.

The knowledge being perfect.. complete.. that is in the scripture.. .. so we have access to perfect knowledge.. and the believer can be complete and mature in applying God's Word to their lives.

G5046
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

The 'child' thing.. is of having partial revelation.. not as in inferiority of knowledge. He had the beginning of the New Testament church writings.. not the whole library. We as believers now are blessed to have full access to the whole complete library of the Word of God.

Also-- seeing in a glass dimly.. but then face to face..

What does the bible refer to itself as?

(James 1:23) For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
(James 1:24) For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
(James 1:25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The 'face to face' and 'glass' in 1 Corinthians 13 could be the Word of God.

Lastly--- 1 Corinthians 13 passage does not stand alone in explaining cessation of the sign gifts. This passage on it's own doesn't give the full picture. Christians from the continuation and cessation side can both give convincing arguments just based on this passage. There are other parts of the bible.. and key historical points that support cessationism.

peace

presidente

May 29, 2013
Paul met the qualification of being an apostle, and imho he was the one whom the LORD chose to replace Judas.
This is my opinion and is inconsequential to the Complete Message of the Holy Spirit, written throughout, beginning in Genesis.
This is an important point, because it touches on apostolic authority and the authority of scripture.

Was Peter wrong in Acts 1 when he said that Judas' replacement had to have been with the other apostles from the time of John the Baptist?

Was Paul wrote, when he wrote in inspired scripture in I Corinthians 15 that Jesus appeared to the Twelve before appearing to him. Judas committed suicide, and Matthias was a witness of the resurrection according to Acts 1.

And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
No prophecy is of any private interpretation....how does that apply to coming with a doctrine that Paul replaced Judas, contrary to his own words?

Aug 2, 2021
This is an important point, because it touches on apostolic authority and the authority of scripture.

Was Peter wrong in Acts 1 when he said that Judas' replacement had to have been with the other apostles from the time of John the Baptist?

Was Paul wrote, when he wrote in inspired scripture in I Corinthians 15 that Jesus appeared to the Twelve before appearing to him. Judas committed suicide, and Matthias was a witness of the resurrection according to Acts 1.

No prophecy is of any private interpretation....how does that apply to coming with a doctrine that Paul replaced Judas, contrary to his own words?

Thank you for taking the time to point these things out.
As i said, imho, which means it is subject to change according to the Word which i am joyfully subject to.

i will review this - thank you