Epidemic of childless and miserable 40+ women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SophieT

This is what can happen to women that decide to focus on their career or be promiscuous, both of which are encouraged in today's society. It can sometimes happen also to women that are fussy with men.

Is this still a Christian forum?

In other news, women should absolutely be 'fussy' with men. This forum is proof of that :rolleyes:

S

SophieT

If I had to put up with a minute of what she's endured with her husband, he'd be under the house gettin' his mail from the gophers.
Where do you get these hilarious expressions from?

K

kaylagrl

Is this still a Christian forum?

In other news, women should absolutely be 'fussy' with men. This forum is proof of that :rolleyes:
Yes, be fussy! My poor sister has been to hell and back with her husband. Be careful of who you choose. Better to be single and lonely than married and miserable!

K

kaylagrl

"Must be taller than 6 foot and earn more than 100k"
Ok then, good luck with that
That's not what she said. Take your time, choose the right person so you don't live in misery. Both men AND women. You're putting words in her mouth. And that's unfair.

S

SophieT

"Must be taller than 6 foot and earn more than 100k"
Your attitude stinks and if that is what you think all women want, then you simply operate out of prejudice and ignorance.

Oh sure I've had some tall boyfriends and pretty good looking too.

My husband that I have been married to for almost 21 years? About 5' 9" and sorta cute but not a movie star. He works hard for the money he earns but does make a good living. No 100 K though.

I contribute to the household as well and do not sit on the sofa watching soaps and eating chocolates all day.

You exhibit cliche attitudes with regards to women and I bet you can be a real turnoff to many women.

I see you are not married. Maybe set your sights lower and treat women with respect and as if you believe God gave them a brain.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Not everyone wants to get married and not everyone wants kids and there's nothing wrong with it

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Your attitude stinks and if that is what you think all women want, then you simply operate out of prejudice and ignorance.

Oh sure I've had some tall boyfriends and pretty good looking too.

My husband that I have been married to for almost 21 years? About 5' 9" and sorta cute but not a movie star. He works hard for the money he earns but does make a good living. No 100 K though.

I contribute to the household as well and do not sit on the sofa watching soaps and eating chocolates all day.

You exhibit cliche attitudes with regards to women and I bet you can be a real turnoff to many women.

I see you are not married. Maybe set your sights lower and treat women with respect and as if you believe God gave them a brain.
There's no need to get all worked up. I wasn't referring to you and I didn't say all women are like that either

I just gave 3 reasons why some women are 40+, childless and miserable
1/ Career
2/ Promiscuous
3/ Fussy. I gave an example of what can be found on dating apps like tinder

Im sure there are other reasons so if you disagree then tell me why you think some women are 40+, childless and miserable

S

SophieT

There's no need to get all worked up. I wasn't referring to you and I didn't say all women are like that either

1/ Career
2/ Promiscuous

Im sure there are other reasons so if you disagree then tell me why you think some women are 40+, childless and miserable
You directly responded to me which is why you got the response that you did;

ME: In other news, women should absolutely be 'fussy' with men. This forum is proof of that :rolleyes:

YOUR RESPONSE:"Must be taller than 6 foot and earn more than 100k"

So, because I do not fit your prejudicial ideas about women I am worked up? LOL! That is actually another stereotypical response from men who fit the profile you appear to project.

What the hee haw would a Christian be doing on tinder? Why would a Christian woman be promiscuous? As for a career, that is a personal choice so get over it. Further, not all women want to get married, same as not all men.

You were referring to women on a CHRISTIAN site and your response was not at all respectful of actual Christian women. A woman who is actually committed to following Christ is not going on tinder and certainly not being promiscuous.

Your response was not worthy of Christian women or Christian men either for that matter.

Christian women, above ALL women, should most definitely be FUSSY. Otherwise, they might end up with some dude who calls himself a Christian but does not hold up much hope for Christian women being any different than the world.

I understand that might be above your paygrade. I have no expectations of a light going on, so bye.

S

SophieT

Actually, I don't know why this made the news forum and epidemic is a highly controversial term I would think.

How about the epidemic of so called Christian men who have such low opinions of women that women are turned off?

They regularly appear in this forum and will start ops about why women should just shut up or how women abuse and use men.

More often than not, when you check the profiles of these stellar operators, you will find they are either single, divorced or separated and then you wonder if they are just here to air their grievances. (not directing this personally to anyone)

My question runs more along the lines of how people believing they are Christians somehow conflate world norms with Christianity

T

TheIndianGirl

1/ Career
2/ Promiscuous
There is a fourth reason: Trust issues stemming from a variety of root causes. Just like many men do not trust women, many women do not trust men either. This could stem from a variety of reasons such as how the child was raised, observing the dynamics of bad/"unfair" marriages (where the woman is basically a slave), no good male role models, abuse issues either as child or abuse/lack of respect in early relationships, etc. If a girl is promiscuous or is the other extreme (avoids all relationships), there is something about her past which is likely causing this.

A lot of people get married despite having trust issues and then end up in divorce.

S

SophieT

There is a fourth reason: Trust issues stemming from a variety of root causes. Just like many men do not trust women, many women do not trust men either. This could stem from a variety of reasons such as how the child was raised, observing the dynamics of bad marriages, no good male role models, abuse issues either as child or abuse/lack of respect in early relationships, etc. If a girl is promiscuous or is the other extreme (avoids all relationships), there is something about her past which is likely causing this.

sorry, but sounds more like a family forum issue. no worries though, I'm done. ;)

Although actual biblical counselling could be appropriate for both sides and a recommitment to their beliefs.

T

TheIndianGirl

sorry, but sounds more like a family forum issue. no worries though, I'm done. ;)

Although actual biblical counselling could be appropriate for both sides and a recommitment to their beliefs.
How a person deals with/expects from relationships is deeply tied to childhood observations/experiences - very important. This point was heavily missed in the above posts. Instead more shallow reasons were given, such as the woman is "fussy" etc.

S

SophieT

How a person deals with/expects from relationships is deeply tied to childhood observations/experiences - very important. This point was heavily missed in the above posts. Instead more shallow reasons were given, such as the woman is "fussy" etc.

You're preaching to the choir here but noted. Again, family forum. Too many think they are some sort of armchair counselor.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
There is a fourth reason: Trust issues stemming from a variety of root causes. Just like many men do not trust women, many women do not trust men either. This could stem from a variety of reasons such as how the child was raised, observing the dynamics of bad/"unfair" marriages (where the woman is basically a slave), no good male role models, abuse issues either as child or abuse/lack of respect in early relationships, etc. If a girl is promiscuous or is the other extreme (avoids all relationships), there is something about her past which is likely causing this.

A lot of people get married despite having trust issues and then end up in divorce.
Definitely, a lack of trust can be a reason as well... Come to think of it, that's probably the most popular reason

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Reasons for a 40 plus year old woman tonight be married with kids
1. She doesn't want to
End of list

saintrose

May 9, 2020
The highlighted part made me laugh. :LOL: (In a good way, I'm not being sarcastic)

I didn't CHOOSE a career over a marriage.
I chose to work a regular job to pay bills, keep a roof over my head and eat.
There is no magic husband-dispensary, where a woman can just get one because she wants one.

Babies I could have had. Men are only too happy to impregnate women. The benefit system (where I live) enables us to have many babies with everything provided including housing. If I had children I would be much better off financially than I am single.
Did you find that your singleness had anything to do with the quality of men available now? I was reading an article the other day and a young woman said that she went towards a career but in her later 30's I believe, began to realize that it was not what she wanted. She said that she goes on dates but the guys are basically low quality. I imagine it's the same for a man looking for a quality woman today.

Do you think Hollywood shaped this culture with bad values?

My husband said he and his men noticed that all the younger guys who were coming into the company were all cutthroat. I'm worried about what this country is turning into. Not the world I grew up in. I just wonder how we can turn it around.