Essential Friendships, the Kingdom of God Here on Earth & Hurts and Lies that Get in the Way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
I work with people that have experienced the depths of abandonment and rejection and bear the wounds of that kind of absence trauma (lack of love), often struggling for decades... And in times of deep honesty, vulnerability and often amidst many tears, they will say: “I frequently feel so alone; and why do I seem to have to be the one who always initiates with my family and friends?”

This is a thorny question, filled with the machinations of an evil enemy who intends us to believe and hold tight to the falsehood (often created by lack of love) that says to our longing souls that we are isolated and won't receive the joy of essential, sustaining, healing relationships!

As I mature as a counsellor and continue to heal in my own journey to receive this kind of Love that renews and restores, I more fully recognize that many of us are asking questions that are to some degree coming from this falsity. It’s my view that the root of the unGodly belief herein is that we won’t get the Love that we need and that our deep longing for this Love will go unmet and what a stronghold this can be!

My experience with other Believers deeply imprisoned in this mentality is that of torment, despair and constantly depleted hope for fulfillment and satisfaction relationally. Many sadly exist in this spiritual and mental captivity for decades. This state leads to tremendous pressure to seek temporary false-relief in the carnality and flesh of this Life, yet still isolated from others. Worst of all it can lead to ending one's life!

So how do we help others heal and find freedom from these invisible “prisons”? Primarily & fundamentally we are called and empowered by God to become mature, vibrant, Loving local bodies of the Living, Healing Jesus Christ - what a Gift! We become this with faith and abiding obedience to the exhortation of Jesus to be relationally generous, deeply hospitable and compassionate to the Body and to those around you (neighbours). With this Gift, many who are wounded will be lovingly urged to confront that unGodly belief (written about above) by the Truth of belonging and acceptance from US (in Jesus)! What a precious healing journey can start in this way!

This generosity of friendship and hospitable Love is a key core-Truth to be revealed to our hearts in Jesus, isn't it? May God empower you to share this Gift with others!