Essential Oils for Health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
A list of oils and some uses.

Lemongrass: helps heal soft tissues, like ligaments and tendons
Lemon:clean and disinfect, good for cold/sore throats, helps bring about microcirculation or can be used as a tonic
Lavender: calming, for burns and muscle issues
Eucalyptus: expectorant and muscle warmer
Peppermint: tartar remover, pain reliever, flavoring agent, burn reliever
Basil: anti-inflammatory anti-venom especially spider bites
Cedarwood: anti- (every bug that drinks man's blood), tick, flea, chiggar, mite, a skin softener and moisturizer
Frankencense: stops pain, rejuvenates and repairs tissue and DNA damage anti-tumor, immunity booster
Myrrh: rejuvenates chapped and ageing skin, wound healer, immunity booster

These are just a few oils with just a few uses. Oils can be used singly or combined, and I normally use a carrier oil, with most, when I use oils topically.
Feel free to add how you use EO's, what are your favorites, or any questions you may have abou oils.
All glory to God

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
A list of oils and some uses.

Lemongrass: helps heal soft tissues, like ligaments and tendons
Lemon:clean and disinfect, good for cold/sore throats, helps bring about microcirculation or can be used as a tonic
Lavender: calming, for burns and muscle issues
Eucalyptus: expectorant and muscle warmer
Peppermint: tartar remover, pain reliever, flavoring agent, burn reliever
Basil: anti-inflammatory anti-venom especially spider bites
Cedarwood: anti- (every bug that drinks man's blood), tick, flea, chiggar, mite, a skin softener and moisturizer
Frankencense: stops pain, rejuvenates and repairs tissue and DNA damage anti-tumor, immunity booster
Myrrh: rejuvenates chapped and ageing skin, wound healer, immunity booster

These are just a few oils with just a few uses. Oils can be used singly or combined, and I normally use a carrier oil, with most, when I use oils topically.
Feel free to add how you use EO's, what are your favorites, or any questions you may have abou oils.
All glory to God
Very good info to have, thank you for taking the time to type it all out. May God Bless you and keep you close.

G

Godsgirl83

I've heard a lot lately about therapy oils. There seems to be many pros to using them.
My concern is that being oils, how messy will it be to use/rub on?
Also, what is a "carrier oil?"
And at what section of the store would I buy these? Are they the oils in health/beauty? Would oils in the candle department (like diffuser oils) be the same thing?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I've heard a lot lately about therapy oils. There seems to be many pros to using them.
My concern is that being oils, how messy will it be to use/rub on?
Also, what is a "carrier oil?"
And at what section of the store would I buy these? Are they the oils in health/beauty? Would oils in the candle department (like diffuser oils) be the same thing?
Almond oil is a good carrier oil for the stronger essential oils.

Essential Oils for healing

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
Most oils are readily absorb into the skin and leave very little residue.
Carrier oils are natural oils used to disperse essential oils. For example: if I wanted a 5% blend of something I would put 5 drops of my essential oil with a teaspoon of carrier oil.
Most commonly used carrier oils are:
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Hemp seed oil
Jojoba oil
Almond oil
Avacodo oil
Grapeseed oil
I try to mix my essential oils with the carrier that will be most effective. If I have a fungal infection, I would mix the essential oils I wanted to use, with coconut oil, because of the antifungal properties of the coconut oil would help heal the fungal issue also.
I hope this helped.

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
Most oils are readily absorb into the skin and leave very little residue.
Carrier oils are natural oils used to disperse essential oils. For example: if I wanted a 5% blend of something I would put 5 drops of my essential oil with a teaspoon of carrier oil.
Most commonly used carrier oils are:
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Hemp seed oil
Jojoba oil
Almond oil
Avacodo oil
Grapeseed oil
I try to mix my essential oils with the carrier that will be most effective. If I have a fungal infection, I would mix the essential oils I wanted to use, with coconut oil, because of the antifungal properties of the coconut oil would help heal the fungal issue also.
I hope this helped.
Most fragrance oils have little to no essential oils.

Feb 28, 2016
if one is 'blessed' enough to be 'led' into the benefits of 'essential-oils' then please do your research!!!
most of what is called EO are nothing more that man made chems - XXX
only buy the 'pure-organic' oils, else you are only breathin' chems that will hurt your body...
Please, honor your Temples'...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
make sure they are organic certified or trusted brand...

my favourite is lavender.
eucalytpus and peppermint are also great.

Lindy62

Jun 27, 2020
When I used to have symptoms of IBS, rubbing peppermint oil on my abdomen took away most or all of my pain, caused by gas and inflammation. Lavender and tea tree oils combined with aloe vera gel helped with poison ivy rash.

Johari

Dec 24, 2013
I use essential oils in baths and hair oils. Pay attention to the ingredients and don't glance at the label name. I bought a small set thinking I got a good deal since it was so cheap. Come to find out the oil wasn't pure and made me itch. I ended up making a DIY Poo-Pourri Toilet Spray
with it so it didn't go to waste.

Feb 28, 2016
thanks so much ya'll for sharing the great info -

if you every want a really invigorating and stimulating bath,
put about 3 or 4 drops of Pure Peppermint Oil in, you just
won't believe how this feels!
of course the drops may vary, according to skin sensitivity...
:):)

Johari

Dec 24, 2013
thanks so much ya'll for sharing the great info -

if you every want a really invigorating and stimulating bath,
put about 3 or 4 drops of Pure Peppermint Oil in, you just
won't believe how this feels!
of course the drops may vary, according to skin sensitivity...
:):)
Lol true! Minty scents tend to burn my eyes with the steam so I don't put too much. Lavender and orange are good ones too.

Feb 28, 2016
just a share"
hub often rubs lavender, and other essential herbs on his feet and chest -
when he does this and we come together/spoon, I feel it on
my tongue/etc. - these herbs are very powerful, and one can
only feel their power to the max, if you are 'free' from the
world's pharmikia/refined drugs, etc......
nother words = don't BUY/SELL yourselves into the world's wicked ways!!!

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
I love frankincense, whenever I smell it takes me back when I was young but I couldn't figure out what was it smelled like, probably an old wooden chest trunk.
Lavender, peppermint, lemon, lemongrass, thieves, tea tee are a few of my favorites. I use Coconut, vegetable, olive and grape seed as my carrier oils.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Often herbs and oils can be used instead of the powerful prescription drugs that have side effects. Prescription drugs are wonderful in emergency situations, but the slower, safer lifestyle changes are safer.

Cinnamon oil, thyme oil, oregano oil, or tree tea oil will help the body fight infection and help the immune system. Oil of cloves is powerful as antibacterial and antifungal. Add a few drops to any skin cream you use to promote healthy skin and healing.

You can clear up diarrhea fast by heating orange peel in milk to extract the oils in the skin or drinking milk with drops of orange essential oil added. This regulates the bowels if you are affected with either constipation or diarrhea.