Eternal Security - Most dangerous words ever preached: Once saved, always saved.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
No. anyone claiming that people can lose their salvation is false doctrine.
Maybe it's not a doctrine. Just a point of discussion.

It seems to me you always get bent out of shape when your dogma is challenged.
Where are your discernment skills? You're always on the offensive with everyone.
Both obvious heretics & genuine Christians with valid scriptural points get the same treatment from you.
It makes it very difficult to DISCUSS and study as "Bereans". TOGETHER.

I have told you before I respect you. I think you have a good & valuable knowledge of scripture.
I respect you, but you make it very difficult.

Apr 15, 2017
Is it possible for a Christian to lose his salvation? Under what conditions, if any, can one's salvation be forfeited? Millions of Christians live their lives as close to these questions as they can, gambling on the goodness and mercy of God to save them, continually, in their sin rather than from it. Millions more spend their faith on works attempting to offer a better sacrifice, but in reality bypass the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
A person that hates sin, and does not want sin, by the Spirit can abstain from sin, for they will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, for they have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So there is no excuse, and if a person does sin have the attitude that they cannot hold unto sin, and be saved.

Which some have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, for they hold unto sin and believe they still have salvation.

Which the Lord knows them that are His having this seal that everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Which Jesus told the hypocrites to depart from Him for they were workers of iniquity not doing the will of the Father.

And awake to righteousness, and sin not, but some have not the knowledge of God.

And if a person does not continue in the goodness of God then they will be cut off like the Jews that did not obey in the Old Testament.

The Bible says people that have repented of their sins, but go back to the world enjoying sins, and holding unto sins do not have salvation.

The Bible says if someone leaves the truth of Jesus as Lord and Savior for an alternate reality whether another religion, or atheist, and realizes they made a mistake cannot come back to the truth and be saved again, for then they put Christ to an open shame.

Which some people will depart from the faith and follow the new age movement which interprets the Bible according to the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher and love, and evolved to be an ascended master.

These people cannot be saved again for they departed from the faith, the truth, and believed an alternate reality.

How did these people depart form the faith if a person cannot fall away.

And when the Bible speaks of those that left the truth of Jesus for an alternate reality it says they were once enlightened, and were partakers of the Holy Ghost, so how did they fall if a person cannot fall away.

Paul said that love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.

And out of faith. hope, and charity, love in action, charity is the greatest, and faith works by love.

But many people live in sin which we see that they do, and then say they are saved by faith, but that is not love, so there is no faith, for love is greater than faith.

And some say they are saved by faith, and that they cannot abstain from sin, and sin every day, so they believe they are alright despite their sins.

Every time a person sins then repentance is forfeited, and they have broken the covenant with God until they repent of their sins and do not want them.

But if they hold unto sin then the covenant is broken, but millions of people hold unto sins and think they still have salvation, which God said that there will be many hypocrites at the end time.

Which Jesus said the hypocrites do not belong to Him which is anybody that does not act Christlike, and holding unto sin is not acting Christlike.

Many people say they have faith and are saved but hold unto sin, but that is not love, and love is greater than faith.

Sep 3, 2016
The Bible says, “5 Who are kept by the Power of God through Faith (refers to the Holy Spirit exerting His Power on our behalf, as our Faith is ever planted in the Cross [Rom. 6:5]) unto Salvation ready to be revealed in the last time (ready for the Rapture).” 1Peter 1:5

JSM

Is your Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus?"

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Christians who consider their faith as something that can't be lost think their salvation is eternal reality. Death is eternal reality, salvation is not. If it were there would be no reason for Hope. Death is a fact. No one needs to hope they will die someday. If salvation were a fact of human life on earth like death is then we could say we have eternal security. We can have a sure hope at best.
"Who hopes for what he already has?" The Apostle talks about that. He refers to the body. The resurrection.
We will be heirs to salvation when our bodies are finally glorified. Then our salvation will be complete.
But the eternal security of our spirit was accomplished when put a new spirit in us.
I think we can still choose to rebel against him and reject his salvation. Though why would anyone want to?
We can't unknowingly, without our consent, "lose" our salvation. It would have to be deliberate.
The Apostle did raise it as a possibility.

Hebrews 10 (NASB)

26 For if we go on sinning wilfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Aug 14, 2019
"Lose it" accidently? no. Wilfully, knowingly, walk away from it? Yes. Otherwise there is no such thing as free will.
One time God showed me that my faith in Jesus could be removed from me. The experience was horrifying. Filled with anxiety I lost all foundation for my faith. I don't take my faith for granted anymore. I know it's a gift and not a work of my own and that I can lose it.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
One time God showed me that my faith in Jesus could be removed from me. The experience was horrifying. Filled with anxiety I lost all foundation for my faith. I don't take my faith for granted anymore. I know it's a gift and not a work of my own and that I can lose it.
I don't like to take it for granted either. He has shown me many times, through scripture, through Israel, through history & my own tendency to sin. Without him mankind is useless, hopeless, evil. Every chance he has given us we've/I've spoiled. That's why he had to give us something we couldn't ruin. Something he did himself.

Dec 12, 2013
If you want to understand how salvation is not OSAS, you will need to study the Tribulation epistles, Hebrews to Revelations.
You cannot even get the book named right.......I honestly have to say that you are one of the top most confused and or scripturally inept people I have ever seen in my life......I say this with no anger, animosity or attitude....as a matter of fact....it is tragic!

Dec 12, 2013
Sir,

“You shall never die” sounds a lot like “you are always saved”.

Too bad you cannot see the similarity.
Too bad you cannot grasp the context, timing and situation when those words were uttered in the garden BEFORE MAN FELL and CHRIST paid the debt of man.....!!!

Feb 29, 2020
Too bad you cannot grasp the context, timing and situation when those words were uttered in the garden BEFORE MAN FELL and CHRIST paid the debt of man.....!!!
Satan says YOU SHALL NEVER DIE while in disobedience to God.

Jesus says WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD LORD AND DO NOT THE THINGS THAT I SAY?

Once Saved Always Saved followers are building their faith house upon the sand and one day that storm of judgment is going to blow it to smitherines!

Repent!

E

EleventhHour

Once Saved Always Saved followers are building their faith house upon the sand and one day that storm of judgment is going to blow it to smitherines!

Repent!
A sure foundation is.....
Jesus saves!
Done!

Everything else is false man made religion.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Maybe it's not a doctrine. Just a point of discussion.
I'm sure you noticed the aggressive title of this thread. Given the fact that many are unsure of Bible doctrines, and this topic impinges on the eternal salvation of souls, I for one cannot treat it as merely a point for discussion.

Feb 29, 2020
Everything else is false man made religion.
Once Saved Always Saved is the biggest man made fraud; Made to order for those who continue to walk as babes, walking as the gentiles walk:

Ephesians 4:17-19 KJV
[17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

OSAS facilitates what these scriptures speak against.

E

EleventhHour

I'm sure you noticed the aggressive title of this thread. Given the fact that many are unsure of Bible doctrines, and this topic impinges on the eternal salvation of souls, I for one cannot treat it as merely a point for discussion.
Amen!
Eternal security, saved is saved... is THE Gospel not a point of discussion!

Dec 12, 2013

Repent!
You obviously have no understanding of contextual honesty.......par for the course with salvation losers!!

Dec 12, 2013
Once Saved Always Saved is the biggest man made fraud; Made to order for those who continue to walk as babes, walking as the gentiles walk:

Ephesians 4:17-19 KJV
[17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

OSAS facilitates what these scriptures speak against.
Yawn......I bet you would make a good politician and or a used car salesman......yep.....!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This statement shows how clueless you are about this matter. Christians are building their faith and their eternal security on the Solid Rock -- the Rock of Ages -- Christ Himself. It is GOD HIMSELF who is our salvation.

So, rather than double down on your errors and erroneous ideas, you need to start from square one and get back to Gospel truth.

Dec 12, 2013
This statement shows how clueless you are about this matter. Christians are building their faith and their eternal security on the Solid Rock -- the Rock of Ages -- Christ Himself. It is GOD HIMSELF who is our salvation.

So, rather than double down on your errors and erroneous ideas, you need to start from square one and get back to Gospel truth.
Good luck....one must open their eyes first....!