Eternal Security - Most dangerous words ever preached: Once saved, always saved.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2020
Christians are building their faith and their eternal security on the Solid Rock -- the Rock of Ages -- Christ Himself. It is GOD HIMSELF who is our salvation.
Why don’t you open your ears to his words then?

Matthew 5:30 KJV
[30] And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Unless you’re an hypocrite. Jesus spoke very negatively against hypocrites.

Dec 12, 2013
Why don’t you open your ears to his words then?

Matthew 5:30 KJV
[30] And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Unless you’re an hypocrite. Jesus spoke very negatively against hypocrites.
Yawn....more contextual dishonesty.....a hypocrite -->one who peddles they don't sin!.....We all know who that is right!

E

EleventhHour

I am a looser:

I have suffered the loss of all things for Christ.

Even sin.
I see a multitude of people on this thread who do not understand the Gospel.

Like Jesus is not in the picture at all..

I can walk away, I can keep, I have sacrificed, I hold on, I stopped sinning, I endure.....

NO.... Jesus is Savior... either He is or else no one is saved.

Aug 14, 2019
Our faith in Christ is vulnerable to diabolical forces. Not just in their power to tempt us but in the power to cause confusion.
Fallen angels are far more powerful intellects than us. Our faith is dependent on the holy spiritual powers that guard our souls from the evil powers that hate our faith in Christ. No evil power can take us out of His hand is a promise of protection that if taken for granted becomes a gift we fail to be thankful for.

E

EleventhHour

No. anyone claiming that people can lose their salvation is false doctrine.
I am actually thinking we have misunderstood the OP having read it a few times....he is stating OSAS is dangerous because it is so radical
and hard to accept...because people do not understand the finished work of the cross?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I'm sure you noticed the aggressive title of this thread. Given the fact that many are unsure of Bible doctrines, and this topic impinges on the eternal salvation of souls, I for one cannot treat it as merely a point for discussion.
The title is a bit on the aggressive side, yes. Perhaps that's frustration?
The OSAS camp has been an aggressive entrenchment on this board for quite some time.

Perhaps 'OSAS' has been overly simplified among some denominations?
I am in no way arguing that our salvation through faith is not secure.
But the idea that one's salvation CAN possibly be lost through rebellion shouldn't be banished from all Christian thought.
Paul took it seriously enough to comment about it. So let's take it seriously and not become offended at the mere mention of it.

Dec 12, 2013
I see a multitude of people on this thread who do not understand the Gospel.

Like Jesus is not in the picture at all..

I can walk away, I can keep, I have sacrificed, I hold on, I stopped sinning, I endure.....

NO.... Jesus is Savior... either He is or else no one is saved.
These jokers would have all men burn in hell except their pharisee-ical, hypocriticial I don't sin selves.......
Our faith in Christ is vulnerable to diabolical forces. Not just in their power to tempt us but in the power to cause confusion.
Fallen angels are far more powerful intellects than us. Our faith is dependent on the holy spiritual powers that guard our souls from the evil powers that hate our faith in Christ. No evil power can take us out of His hand is a promise of protection that if taken for granted becomes a gift we fail to be thankful for.
This post lacks any real faith in Jesus.

Greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world.

WOW MAN...is this what all Catholics believe? Is your personal Jesus seriously that weak and inept?

MINE says he will KEEP ME BY HIS POWER......through the FAITH HE BEGINS, FINISHES AND COMPLETES IN ME

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am actually thinking we have misunderstood the OP having read it a few times...
He's calling the eternal security of the believer DANGEROUS:
"Eternal Security - Most dangerous words ever preached"

If this declaration is not from the pit of Hell, where do you think it comes from?

Satan hates the fact that God Himself is our salvation, and that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. So the next weapon in his arsenal is to make people believe that they can lose their salvation (like a set of keys).

E

EleventhHour

If this declaration is not from the pit of Hell, where do you think it comes from?

Satan hates the fact that God Himself is our salvation, and that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. So the next weapon in his arsenal is to make people believe that they can lose their salvation (like a set of keys).
Well only he can clarify... i do not know what he believes but having read his OP several times and referring to the finished work of Jesus....I am thinking he meant "dangerous" words as in a radical, causing upset because people fight against it.

Main thing is eternal life is eternal and OSAS is the Gospel.

Jan 12, 2019
You cannot even get the book named right.......I honestly have to say that you are one of the top most confused and or scripturally inept people I have ever seen in my life......I say this with no anger, animosity or attitude....as a matter of fact....it is tragic!
I wonder sometimes, don't you ever get tired of attacking people like that?

Focus on improving yourself, you cannot control others and how they develop. I assumed you are married?

Dec 12, 2013
I wonder sometimes, don't you ever get tired of attacking people like that?

Focus on improving yourself, you cannot control others and how they develop. I assumed you are married?
Not attacking man.....just stating facts.....I honestly cannot even take you serious because you cannot even name a book of the bible correctly and yet expect people to accept your view of scripture......not that you have it correct anyway, because you miss the mark regularly....

E

EleventhHour

@SoulWeaver
I am referring to this line...
Millions more spend their faith on works attempting to offer a better sacrifice, but in reality bypass the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I think his title was meant to be provactive... but he is not denying OSAS
Anyway only he can clarify.

Jan 12, 2019
Not attacking man.....just stating facts.....I honestly cannot even take you serious because you cannot even name a book of the bible correctly and yet expect people to accept your view of scripture......not that you have it correct anyway, because you miss the mark regularly....
As I said, focus on improving yourself.

No one needs you to say anything negative about them.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Oh yeah?!

What do you make of this:

Colossians 1:21-23 KJV
[21] And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled [22] In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: [23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel...

RECONCILED IF YOU CONTINUE!
You are trying to make the sword to wound yourself. Moving away is not losing away of salvation. You have to remember, that this letter of Paul is the Colossians believers and they were called saints in the first place + they are faithful ( Col. 1:2). What Paul is telling them was to continue in the faith, from the hope of the gospel and he was not telling them of losing salvation. Moving away from the hope of the gospel is to become unfaithful which is very much a possibility but it is never to be meant they lose their salvation. God is faithful even though we are sometime unfaithful. God is still God> he doesn't change the promise of eternal security.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
"Lose it" accidently? no. Wilfully, knowingly, walk away from it? Yes. Otherwise there is no such thing as free will.
A person (Supposedly) walks away from their salvation?

They were never saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit to begin with, simple.

They would be found in the group of great pretenders as seen below.

Matthew 7:21-23KJV
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
A person (Supposedly) walks away from their salvation?

They were never saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit to begin with, simple.

They would be found in the group of great pretenders as seen below.

Matthew 7:21-23KJV
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Stupid, wicked & rare as it may be. It is possible. Jesus isn't FORCING us to remain in his fold.
Below, Paul isn't describing people who didn't have the Holy Spirit to begin with.

Hebrews 10 (NASB)

26 For if we go on sinning wilfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”

31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Stupid, wicked & rare as it may be. It is possible. Jesus isn't FORCING us to remain in his fold.
Below, Paul isn't describing people who didn't have the Holy Spirit to begin with.

Hebrews 10 (NASB)

26 For if we go on sinning wilfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”

31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
You have a hard time understanding the truth of scripture below, I don't know why, it's plain and simple.

You aren't saved until your (Sealed) by the Holy Spirit, this puts a believer in the (Father's Hand) your name is in the Lambs Book of Life, Eternal Security 100%.

Do you deny eternal security as seen below, is there somebody bigger than the (Father) that will remove the Christian from his hand?

The believer is sealed by the Holy Spirit, unto the day of redemption.

If a person pretends to be saved, goes to church every day of the week, tithes, walks and talks like a believer, and then does a 180 turnaround after 30 years, to the world in it's lustful sin?

That person was never sealed by the Holy Spirit, or in the (Father's Hand) simple :)

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The Holy Bible (Clearly) teaches eternal security, as (Clearly) seen below.

John 10:27-30KJV
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

E

EleventhHour

You have a hard time understanding the truth of scripture below, I don't know why, it's plain and simple.

You aren't saved until your (Sealed) by the Holy Spirit, this puts a believer in the (Father's Hand) your name is in the Lambs Book of Life, Eternal Security 100%.

Do you deny eternal security as seen below, is there somebody bigger than the (Father) that will remove the Christian from his hand?

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Amen!!

The Book of Hebrews affirm this when rightly understood.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

I'm not denying any of that.
While you have simply ignored the verses in Hebrews as if they are non-existent.