Eternal Security - Most dangerous words ever preached: Once saved, always saved.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
We all are when we are Born-again. And will continue to be sealed if we remain in the faith (Christ Crucified).
It doesn't say 'if you remain in christ .look again 'sealed by the Holy Spirit UNTIL THE DAY OF REDEMPTION. clear as day .

Sep 3, 2016
Ok do you see the duration ? Sealed until the day of redemption. Not for a while. Not ' until we mess up' and not ' until next week '
Like I said, we will continue to be sealed if (condition) we remain in the faith (Christ Crucified). Colossians 1:23

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
You must be dense or just blind.....I never said anything about killing babies genius....get some honesty with what I said or get lost and don't not address me!
Sounds like the liberal democrats in the US, see it my way or else.

You asked the question below, hard to believe a confessing Christian would do such.

Get off the fence in pleasing man, there's a war going on, get in the battle soldier!

Quote: dcontroversial
Is it biblical to be 100% against Abortion yet believe in freedom of choice?

E

EleventhHour

Like I said, we will continue to be sealed if we remain in the faith (Christ Crucified).
This is the dangerous pervasive teaching right here.

He is faithful even when we are faithless.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This guy is confused ...so is his OP
It is simply amazing to see so much spiritual confusion among those who call themselves Christians (and may indeed be Christians). Which shows a lack of proper Bible teaching in the churches.

The betrayal of Christ by Judas Iscariot was prophesied long before it happened, and all things had to be fulfilled according to Scripture.

JUDAS'S BETRAYAL PROPHESIED IN ZECHARIAH
And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. (Zech 11:12,13)

JUDAS BETRAYED CHRIST FOR THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER
Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him. (Mt 26:14-16)

MATHEW 27: JUDAS CAST AWAY THE THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy* the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
10 And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

Regarding the mention of "Jeremy" rather than Zechariah, we have John Gill's comments: ...but it must be owned, that Jeremy is in all the Greek copies, in the Vulgate Latin, Arabic, and Ethiopic versions, and in Munster's Hebrew Gospel. Various things are said for the reconciling of this matter: some have thought that Zechariah had two names, and that besides Zechariah, he was called Jeremy; but of this there is no proof.... [However] so all that part which contained the latter prophets, for the same reason, beginning at Jeremy, might be called by his name; hence a passage, standing in the prophecy of Zechariah, who was one of the latter prophets, might be justly cited, under the name of Jeremy.

Sep 3, 2016
This is the dangerous pervasive teaching right here.

He is faithful even when we are faithless.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:7

E

EleventhHour

Sounds like the liberal democrats in the US, see it my way or else.

You asked the question below, hard to believe a confessing Christian would do such.

Get off the fence in pleasing man, there's a war going on, get in the battle soldier!

Quote: dcontroversial
Is it biblical to be 100% against Abortion yet believe in freedom of choice?
It is a question based on the other two questions.

Context...

E

EleventhHour

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:7
The "they" is not God.
Context
Fire does not always mean hell.

Sep 3, 2016
It is simply amazing to see so much spiritual confusion among those who call themselves Christians (and may indeed be Christians). Which shows a lack of proper Bible teaching in the churches.

The betrayal of Christ by Judas Iscariot was prophesied long before it happened, and all things had to be fulfilled according to Scripture.

JUDAS'S BETRAYAL PROPHESIED IN ZECHARIAH
And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. (Zech 11:12,13)

JUDAS BETRAYED CHRIST FOR THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER
Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him. (Mt 26:14-16)

MATHEW 27: JUDAS CAST AWAY THE THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy* the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
10 And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

Regarding the mention of "Jeremy" rather than Zechariah, we have John Gill's comments: ...but it must be owned, that Jeremy is in all the Greek copies, in the Vulgate Latin, Arabic, and Ethiopic versions, and in Munster's Hebrew Gospel. Various things are said for the reconciling of this matter: some have thought that Zechariah had two names, and that besides Zechariah, he was called Jeremy; but of this there is no proof.... [However] so all that part which contained the latter prophets, for the same reason, beginning at Jeremy, might be called by his name; hence a passage, standing in the prophecy of Zechariah, who was one of the latter prophets, might be justly cited, under the name of Jeremy.
The question I ask you, was Judas a apostle? Yes or no?

Sep 3, 2016
The "they" is not God.
Context
Fire does not always mean hell.
If proper Faith in Christ and the Cross is not maintained, the ultimate result is eternal Hell.

Go to the Strong's and Greek and see what fire means in this context!!!!!!! John 15:6

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You've literally avoided the verse by jumping to another verse ?
If you go on in colossians just a few verses after..
8¶Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11¶In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16¶Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20¶Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21(Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh

Sep 3, 2016
You've literally avoided the verse by jumping to another verse ?
Your name says "throughfaith." If the Believer reject Gods prescribed order of victory, over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil - that is done only by Grace through Faith in Christ and Him Crucified they will go to hell! 99.9999% have! Matthew 7:14

If it is not by Grace through Faith in Christ and Him Crucified it is judged by God as iniquity (Matthew 7:21-23)

The time is near...come out from among them!

E

EleventhHour

If proper Faith in Christ and the Cross is not maintained, the ultimate result is eternal Hell.

Go to the Strong's and Greek and see what fire means in this context!!!!!!! John 15:6

So men throw other men in the fires of hell ... I think not.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Your name says "throughfaith." If the Believer reject Gods prescribed order of victory, over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil - that is done only by Grace through Faith in Christ and Him Crucified they will go to hell! 99.9999% have! Matthew 7:14
you keep quoting the old testament?
And you haven't dealt with the verse . Sealed !!!!! by the Holy !! Spirit !! Until !! the day !!!!!!!! of !!! redemption. There's literally no way round this verse .

Sep 3, 2016
you keep quoting the old testament?
And you haven't dealt with the verse . Sealed !!!!! by the Holy !! Spirit !! Until !! the day !!!!!!!! of !!! redemption. There's literally no way round this verse .
Judas was a apostle which means at one time he was saved and sealed until the day of redemption until he turned aside to go to his own place." Acts 1:24-25 NASB

Judas was baptizes. Judas baptizes others., Judas was anointed. Judas was empowered. Judas cast out Devils. Judas healed the sick. Judas preached the gospel.

S

Scribe

“10 Wherefore the rather, Brethren, give diligence to make your Calling and Election sure (this is what Jesus was speaking of when He told us to deny ourselves and take up the Cross daily and follow Him [Lk. 9:23]; every day, the Believer must make certain His Faith is anchored in the Cross and the Cross alone; only then can we realize the tremendous benefits afforded by the Sacrifice of Christ): for if you do these things, you shall never fall (presents the key to Eternal Security, but with the Promise being conditional):

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the Everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (The entrance into the Kingdom is solely on the basis of Faith evidenced in Christ and the Cross [Eph. 2:13-18; Jn. 3:16].)” 2 Peter 1:10-11

JSM
23And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
Take up your cross daily in this context means to be ready to die under persecution for the sake of your faith in Jesus Christ. It does not mean take up a particular doctrine or teaching daily. The context is clear and simple.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Judas was a apostle which means at one time he was saved and sealed until the day of redemption until he turned aside to go to his own place." Acts 1:24-25 NASB

Judas was baptizes. Judas baptizes others., Judas was anointed. Judas was empowered. Judas cast out Devils. Judas healed the sick. Judas preached the gospel.
How was he sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption , before Acts 2 ?
john 7 .39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was NOT YET GIVEN ; because that Jesus was NOT YET GLORIFIED .)???

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
It is a question based on the other two questions.

Context...
I see it differently, no need to pose the question

Killing the unborn, (Abortion) is premeditated murder in the 1st degree.

dcontroversial?

What is your position on abortion and homosexuality?

I'm new to these forums, please respond?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
23And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
Take up your cross daily in this context means to be ready to die under persecution for the sake of your faith in Jesus Christ. It does not mean take up a particular doctrine or teaching daily. The context is clear and simple.
None of those that heard Jesus say that took up any cross . Everyone left him , everyone fled .