Eternal Security/OSAS is Bad Doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Come on D, you must know very well that you're interpreting James incorrectly here.
This is James talking, not some guy on the street.
@Sketch is 100% right.

James 2:14-18
14What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
15If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
16and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
17Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
19You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

14 Faith will always produce good works.
can a faith that has no works save? No. Because it is not faith...faith obeys.

15 & 16 What good is it to bless someone and not help them? True faith will always produce a good work. In this case, supplying clothing and food for some needy person.

17 Faith without works is a dead faith.

18 We cannot separate faith from works...they go together as Jesus meant them to.
Faith without works if of no use to anyone...God wants us to do His bidding.
True faith is proven BY one's works.

19 Mental belief alone is not sufficient. We must believe with our heart and do as Jesus commanded.

20 FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS USELESS.
Nice try Fran.....no dice........and my assessment is correct...you should come on line with the truth....you would make a good soldier for the cross if you had the truth.....how about that old pic...........

Dec 12, 2013
Interesting reply. Just because I am honest enough to admit that this is a harder passage to understand, I'm not sure why you chose to answer this way. If you want someone to tell you exactly what this passage means good luck. I believe in intellectual honesty and this is one of the harder passages in the Bible to understand. I don't think I'll be responding to you anymore because I don't feel like you valued my contribution to you. Take care.
Par for the course.....I engaged nicely, was commended for it and today his/her attitude flat changed, stood against the truth after admitting good points yesterday and NOW flat arguing and condemning.......

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
So it seems that we are being falsely accused of having been here before under different usernames?
I guess I can't speak for you, but I'm guessing it is false, and those two were being paranoid, or worse.
Perhaps this is as much of a mystery to you as it is to me?
I'm not worried about it.
I'll just always state what I believe.
I do pray their attitude would change...it's so nice just to talk and get along.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
See post #377 and thereabouts, pal.
hello. welcome. just a quick question- do you think that anyone can go to a church, or should the church approves who goes? thanks in advance for the answer.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I'm not worried about it.
I'll just always state what I believe.
I do pray their attitude would change...it's so nice just to talk and get along.
got a translation that defines the Law as always plural yet?

Dec 12, 2013
I appreciated the effort, but you in fact did not contribute from my perspective. However, you may in the future. Let's both stay honest. I didn't mean to insult you or push you away. I sincerely apologize. I'm, just frustrated over this whole discussion. Of which you have had a minor part. Are we good? I hope so.
No offence Fran, but don't you owe us all an apology for the behavior that got you banned the first time??? and WHY are you not like this with everyone.....

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
No offence Fran, but don't you owe us all an apology for the behavior that got you banned the first time??? and WHY are you not like this with everyone.....
You you want ME to get my facts straight? Are you out of your mind? Who is Fran?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
FRAN....we have had this dance more than once.....end of story.....you peddle works......Jesus said FAITH saves, John said FAITH saves, Paul said FAITH saves......FAITH plus WORKS do not save......that gospel has NO POWER.....try not to get banned again.....
OK D,
You don't want to dance...
fine.
Just IGNORE me and let me do my postings.
You seem to be everywhere I go, not because you're following me but because we're both interested in faith and works and cannot agree.

No hard feelings.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
OK D,
You don't want to dance...
fine.
Just IGNORE me and let me do my postings.
You seem to be everywhere I go, not because you're following me but because we're both interested in faith and works and cannot agree.

No hard feelings.
dcontroversal seems to have you and I confused. Or ??????????????????????????

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
hello. welcome. just a quick question- do you think that anyone can go to a church, or should the church approves who goes? thanks in advance for the answer.
That's pretty random. It looks like dcontroversal approves, so I will pass. He's up to no good. Therefore you are implicated as well. Sorry.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
I never accused you of anything PAL....and I know what I said in response to HIS statement....get your facts straight.....
Is this you not being rude?
I asked you to explain and you evaded the question.

Dec 12, 2013
You you want ME to get my facts straight? Are you out of your mind? Who is Fran?
Was that post directed at you...NO.....quit applying posts to you that are not directed at you......

MY BAD.......replied to wrong person .....sorry

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
Was that post directed at you...NO.....quit applying posts to you that are not directed at you......

MY BAD.......replied to wrong person .....sorry
I'm new here. I don't appreciate your rude and spiteful treatment. Not that you would care.