Evangelicals the most unfavorable religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
If you believed in "hell fire" wouldn't you want to warn your loved ones and friends, at least? If I saw someone I didn't like house on fire, I would still let them know! smh Yes God is love, but also judgement. The time is short and if you believe that, you'd tell a whole lot more people about the wages of sin.

"And of some have compassion, making a difference:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

Jude

Some require different motivation to be saved from that burning house. Most need compassion. Some need the hard preaching that Jesus, John and many of the OT prophets sometimes preached.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
"And of some have compassion, making a difference:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

Jude

Some require different motivation to be saved from that burning house. Most need compassion. Some need the hard preaching that Jesus, John and many of the OT prophets sometimes preached.
All things to all people that by all means some may be saved...1 Corinthians 9:22.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
All things to all people that by all means some may be saved...1 Corinthians 9:22.
I don't get in debates when I'm soul winning. We should season our speech and be polite.
I'm not worried about what the world thinks of me. Jesus told His believers, if they hated me, they would hate you, to paraphrase. Jesus still saved them then and He's still saving them now.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I don't get in debates when I'm soul winning. We should season our speech and be polite.
I'm not worried about what the world thinks of me. Jesus told His believers, if they hated me, they would hate you, to paraphrase. Jesus still saved them then and He's still saving them now.
I was just trying to give further biblical evidence of your position.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
1) So many little groups doing their own thing here,
2) Instead of preaching the love of God, they yell about hell fire.
So your "own thing" is refusing/failing to preach the boilerplate Biblical truths about the fear of God, judgement and eternal wrath?

Col 1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I was just trying to give further biblical evidence of your position.
I know. Thanks, just expanding on that a bit.
The topic got me thinking about the view the media portrays as well as libtard pastors.
I was a kid having dinner at Pastor Mormon of the UMC while visiting his son I went to school with and scouting group. Anyhow, I thought it would be good dinner conversation to mention the cult at my door.
He was triggered and jumped all over me.
I doubt if he preached so hard from his church pulpit, the ladies wouldn't put up with it. 😄
He wasn't Mormon, he was a United Methodist pastor. He likely was a friend of the world and quoted Gandhi so much his Biblically illiterate congregation thought He was quoting Jesus.
😄
BTW, the pastor threw a hissy fit because I sent the cult members packing when they tried to convert me.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I usually negotiate how many guesses I get before answering. How many guesses do I get?
😄
I'll just tell you.
I saw John on campus and spoke to him about school and current stuff. He was sooo excited to invite me to his party. I asked if it had a theme or anything. I wasn't into college parties, alcohol and the like. He told me it was a ________ _________ party!
😡
This former friend was a Christian hating atheist or Satanist. He said atheist, but judging from the party theme he told me, probably a Satanist.
I won't repeat what he said. It was the most blasphemous thing I ever heard in my life.
At that moment, I sent him packing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
😄
I'll just tell you.
I saw John on campus and spoke to him about school and current stuff. He was sooo excited to invite me to his party. I asked if it had a theme or anything. I wasn't into college parties, alcohol and the like. He told me it was a ________ _________ party!
😡
This former friend was a Christian hating atheist or Satanist. He said atheist, but judging from the party theme he told me, probably a Satanist.
I won't repeat what he said. It was the most blasphemous thing I ever heard in my life.
Nice story. Also, you are a terrible negotiator.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
😄
I'll just tell you.
😡
You can tell by the music

Dust in the wind -- Agnostic

Imagine -- Atheist

Black Sabbath -- Satanist.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Nice story. Also, you are a terrible negotiator.
This was true.
However, I got plenty of practice with students from all over the world and their religions. I had already been exposed to a few eastern religions as a child while raised Roman Catholic. I later attended protestant churches and was led to Christ by one of those" close minded evangelical Baptists" that actually believed the Bible.

IsaiahA

Jan 24, 2023
I find it interesting how often when reading topics of religion online, young people voice a stronger interest in Buddhism than they do Christianity. Is that just because they are the reprobate?

When I read Paul's sermon in Athens to the Gentiles he preaches about the one true God and gave the gospel about Jesus Christ and the resurrection. I do not see Paul listing all those horrible sins of the Greeks, but he gives them the command to repent in v30. What were they to repent of if they did not have the law and Paul is not recorded as mentioning particular sins, of which the Greeks had many. Even though they did not have the law, Paul writes elsewhere -

"When Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all." (Rom 2:14-16, NRSV)

King James commissioned the KJV and did not seem to have any guilt or shame about having three male lovers. To one he wrote the following letter:

And yet I cannot content myself without sending you this billet, praying God that I may have a joyful and comfortable meeting with you, and that we may make at this Christenmass a new marriage, ever to be kept thereafter; for God so love me, as I desire only to live in this world for your sake, and that I had rather live banished in any part of the earth with you, then live a sorrowful widow-life without you. And so God bless you, my sweet child and wife, and grant that ye may ever be a comfort to your sweet dad and husband.

My only sweet and dear child

James R”

"This rather touching love letter was written by James in 1624 towards the end of his life and a reader may at first be inclined to think this was directed towards his wife, Anna of Denmark. However Anna had died in 1619 and the letter was in fact written to George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham, James’ last and most enduring favourite."
https://thehistoryvault.co.uk/james-i-vi-and-his-male-favourites/

For years I thought that accusation was just a lie by Roman Catholics to attack the KJV, but it appears it was true. Does that detract from how I appreciate King James for commissioning the KJV? The KJV is still my first 'go to' translation in Bible study.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
This was true.
However, I got plenty of practice with students from all over the world and their religions. I had already been exposed to a few eastern religions as a child while raised Roman Catholic. I later attended protestant churches and was led to Christ by one of those" close minded evangelical Baptists" that actually believed the Bible.
I was just teasing you.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
So your "own thing" is refusing/failing to preach the boilerplate Biblical truths about the fear of God, judgement and eternal wrath?

Col 1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Yes, plead with sinners, not criticise them.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
There are an estimated 619 million evangelicals in the world, meaning that one in four Christians would be classified as evangelical. American evangelicals are a quarter of that nation's population and its single largest religious group. evangelicals can be found in nearly every Protestant denomination and tradition, particularly within the Calvinist (Continental Reformed, Presbyterian, Congregational), Arminian, Plymouth Brethren, Baptist, Methodist (Wesleyan, Holiness), Lutheran, Moravian, Free Church, Mennonite, Quaker, Pentecostal, Charismatic, and non-denominational churches.

That is a large swath of people of faith. Let's not make blanket statements about brothers and sisters in the Lord. They definitely abide in the doctrine of Christ. I'm not sure what church you attend, but you have been misinformed about evangelicals.
The scripture shows 1 way.
John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus said….
Matthew 7:14 KJV
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
If you believed in "hell fire" wouldn't you want to warn your loved ones and friends, at least? If I saw someone I didn't like house on fire, I would still let them know! smh Yes God is love, but also judgement. The time is short and if you believe that, you'd tell a whole lot more people about the wages of sin.
Yes, plead with sinners, not criticise them.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Can you explain further?
A fellow believer does their shopping the same place that you have to go and shop.
The fellow believer has behaviour problems and is very self righteous, so they “Bible bash” the retail staff.
So you are automatically rejected by some, because they connect you with the other “Christian” that Bible bashes them.
Long suffering patience.
🤭🙄