Evangelism for Introverts and the Anxious

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
So I got an issue. I have realized I am not doing much for the kingdom rn. I work on several games and books and projects with Christian themes, but only one has actually happened. I have severe social anxiety, so I would literally rather drop dead than go up to a stranger and preach God. Because of this I am in the process of making a game to help break the ice as it's far easier to ask for me to play a card game than preach. But I get easily distracted and I have not made much progress on any of my Christian themed projects. I'm got a job back in August and I stock shelves at a grocery store. I'm happy I can help people find what they need but I feel like I should be doing more and it's not enough. I know God knows I'm anxious and I hate it. I'm just at a loss as to what to do and I feel like my laziness and my being easily distracted is really hindering me. I'm actually in a Christian game designing group and I enjoy helping and encouraging others there, so I guess that's some what helpful, but I am unsure 🤔 Any opinions?

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Sometimes the best you can do is just to live a life that glorifies God. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

By helping and ecouraging others, you are shining your light.

eXric

Mar 31, 2022
Christian game sounds cool.
I have done program testing and game testing if your group wants tester.
A good Christian game can reach many people to help get them saved.
Therefore, you can be doing a lot of work to do God's works.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
So I got an issue. I have realized I am not doing much for the kingdom rn. I work on several games and books and projects with Christian themes, but only one has actually happened. I have severe social anxiety, so I would literally rather drop dead than go up to a stranger and preach God. Because of this I am in the process of making a game to help break the ice as it's far easier to ask for me to play a card game than preach. But I get easily distracted and I have not made much progress on any of my Christian themed projects. I'm got a job back in August and I stock shelves at a grocery store. I'm happy I can help people find what they need but I feel like I should be doing more and it's not enough. I know God knows I'm anxious and I hate it. I'm just at a loss as to what to do and I feel like my laziness and my being easily distracted is really hindering me. I'm actually in a Christian game designing group and I enjoy helping and encouraging others there, so I guess that's some what helpful, but I am unsure 🤔 Any opinions?
The problem is being self conscious. If you knew who you are in Christ, you'd have less of a problem. Ask God to show you the truth. In reality, the old "you" is dead and buried. The real you has been raised from the dead with Christ. God no longer sees you as you were. You are a new creation, a brand new man. It's easy to say these things, but we need the truth to set us free. Ask God to show you. Then ask Jesus to be your boldness and wisdom.

I am by nature 100% introvert. For a long time after I was saved, I said very little to anyone. I avoided people except for a very few close friends. Now I am much more free and I'm happy to talk to anyone. I know who I am in Christ, at least to some degree. That takes the pressure off. What God has done for me, I can promise you He can do for you.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
The fact that you are serving people by stacking the shelves , you are serving God...
Sometimes we can think that the work we do is not big enough for God , but that is not true...Even the smallest work pleases God , as long as we do it to glorify His name...

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
...xox...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Sometimes we have to understand ourselves first, before taking steps forward.
If there are things you'd like to accomplish then don't expect to work on things for long stretches. Instead schedule your work time out for each day, but do it in smaller doses. Perhaps thirty minutes three times a day will be more effective than not giving yourself a time limit, or larger time limits.

People aren't all created the same or intended to all do the same things. Find your role and figure out how to best accomplish it. Think outside the box.
Also I know you have a few things that impact your life, don't try to ignore them or wish them away. They aren't going away. Find out how you can utilize them, or at the very least not let them stop you.

And don't waste time wishing you could be doing something else. Thats not who you're called to be, so don't strive for it. Recognize the value you bring where you're at and for who you are, not who you wish you were.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Christian game sounds cool.
I have done program testing and game testing if your group wants tester.
A good Christian game can reach many people to help get them saved.
Therefore, you can be doing a lot of work to do God's works.
I've been recently upgrading my artwork so people will be more eager on trying the games out. I'm currently making a card game and a CYOA Gamebook.

eXric

Mar 31, 2022
I've been recently upgrading my artwork so people will be more eager on trying the games out. I'm currently making a card game and a CYOA Gamebook.
would like to see some artwork

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
would like to see some artwork
Yeah I will share a couple. Don't normally share here but here is some of my newer stuff. My more normal artwork. If I share any weirder I'm sure I'll be hassled in some way 😬 This is for the CYOA book FB_IMG_1651259374599.jpg FB_IMG_1648775924156.jpg FB_IMG_1648535196500.jpg