Evangelism Team

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Starting a evangelism local outreach team at the end of the month. We have many ideas but it would be nice to have more.

How do you or your church evangelize?

What works for this culture and what does not?

My region is within the Bible belt where many go to church and speak Christian but many are religious and not true followers. Many in this region of church abundance has been hurt by the church. And within a Democrat led city with many low-income families with polarized views on the Bible. As in the southern culture they check church off and then support abortion, drunkenness, adultery, etc.

So how do you or your church locally evangelize?

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Key things that have helped us.

Start with a dedicated prayer ministry. Have a dedicated time for all members to pray together.

Select good devoted leaders for each ministry team.

Spend some time in the community. Get to know the people.

Kick off your project with a community wide party on the church grounds, or if not enough space, a local park. Invite everyone to your party. We started our youth ministry program with a block party at a local park. We started our adult community ministry with a fish fry and music festival on the church grounds. We had games for the children. We also had a balloon release, with church info attached. In all cases we had a table set up with people willing to share the gospel. Both of these parties were free to everyone in the community.

From these activities, we developed a list of community needs, a list of areas that we could send the church bus to, and a weekly bible study program that includes dinner and a social period, along with a Bible study period and prayer time.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Key things that have helped us.

Start with a dedicated prayer ministry. Have a dedicated time for all members to pray together.

Select good devoted leaders for each ministry team.

Spend some time in the community. Get to know the people.

Kick off your project with a community wide party on the church grounds, or if not enough space, a local park. Invite everyone to your party. We started our youth ministry program with a block party at a local park. We started our adult community ministry with a fish fry and music festival on the church grounds. We had games for the children. We also had a balloon release, with church info attached. In all cases we had a table set up with people willing to share the gospel. Both of these parties were free to everyone in the community.

From these activities, we developed a list of community needs, a list of areas that we could send the church bus to, and a weekly bible study program that includes dinner and a social period, along with a Bible study period and prayer time.
Thank you! Very good ideas.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Thank you! Very good ideas.
Thanks.

Our church council (deacons, mission leaders, teachers and anyone who has an input) meets monthly to set up next months event schedule.

Don't neglect your prayer ministry. It is your key to success.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Starting a evangelism local outreach team at the end of the month. We have many ideas but it would be nice to have more.

My region is within the Bible belt where many go to church and speak Christian but many are religious and not true followers. Many in this region of church abundance has been hurt by the church. And within a Democrat led city with many low-income families with polarized views on the Bible. As in the southern culture they check church off and then support abortion, drunkenness, adultery, etc.

I was led to Christ by a soul winner like this . Although I just went through the motions at the time, I read the chapters of each verse to get the context later when I went to bed.
Below is a demonstration of the basics of how millions have been led to Christ. There are variations on Scriptures used and details, but this is the basic format of going from house to house. There are usually two, but the other guy is holding the camera. I've been involved with all forms of evangelization that I know of. I'm not knocking other ways, but One on one like this, week after week is the best IMHO.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
For your consideration:

The "evangelist" is one gifted believer mentioned in Ephesians Chapter 4:

"And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers..."

Evangelists are specifically gifted with imparting the love of God to others. Believers who receive an evangelist will, likewise, benefit from the receiving the love of God and the ability to demonstrate that love to others.

But, one thing we often miss, is that the gift of evangelism, like the other gifts, is primarily given to the saints.

Ephesians continues...

"for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ..."

We tend to send the evangelist out from the body. Yet, the apostle is the "one who is sent".

There is great need for the evangelist within the body, so that the body may be built up in the Love of God and so that the saints may, likewise, have the ability to impart that love. If the evangelist edifies the body, his gift will be multiplied and the saints will become the vessels through whom the love of God may be shown. Without the evangelist working within the body, the love of the saints will become cold.

If you are an evangelist, gather together those who likewise have a desire to share God's love. Build them up and empower them to share this love with one another and with the body. By that witness, the people will know the saints are disciples of Christ.

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

This witness of love among the saints will be a flame by which many will be drawn.

To carry it further, it would be prudent for some with the gift of healing to be ready to receive the new ecclesia. By this, some will be healed of their wounds: whether by people called "Christians" or family, etc. In my experience God is most interested in healing those who have been wounded by people who have used His name unrighteously.

Be greatly encouraged by this! The Lord is not slack concerning his promise.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
For your consideration:

The "evangelist" is one gifted believer mentioned in Ephesians Chapter 4:

"And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers..."

Evangelists are specifically gifted with imparting the love of God to others. Believers who receive an evangelist will, likewise, benefit from the receiving the love of God and the ability to demonstrate that love to others.

But, one thing we often miss, is that the gift of evangelism, like the other gifts, is primarily given to the saints.

Ephesians continues...

"for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ..."

We tend to send the evangelist out from the body. Yet, the apostle is the "one who is sent".

There is great need for the evangelist within the body, so that the body may be built up in the Love of God and so that the saints may, likewise, have the ability to impart that love. If the evangelist edifies the body, his gift will be multiplied and the saints will become the vessels through whom the love of God may be shown. Without the evangelist working within the body, the love of the saints will become cold.

If you are an evangelist, gather together those who likewise have a desire to share God's love. Build them up and empower them to share this love with one another and with the body. By that witness, the people will know the saints are disciples of Christ.

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

This witness of love among the saints will be a flame by which many will be drawn.

To carry it further, it would be prudent for some with the gift of healing to be ready to receive the new ecclesia. By this, some will be healed of their wounds: whether by people called "Christians" or family, etc. In my experience God is most interested in healing those who have been wounded by people who have used His name unrighteously.

Be greatly encouraged by this! The Lord is not slack concerning his promise.
I see a general calling for all in the Great Commission and a specific or gifted calling for whom the Spirit chooses.

I agree that the gift is crucial to get these people part of the team so that their gift can help equip and build up the body.

My main goal is to lay out the vision, lay out the need, have something in operation so that God will send those who are eager or gifted to evangelize.

I'll be thankful to get one. So far we have a potential of 6. We have a small church.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Thanks.

Our church council (deacons, mission leaders, teachers and anyone who has an input) meets monthly to set up next months event schedule.

Don't neglect your prayer ministry. It is your key to success.
Very true. We are doing a 30 minute prayer walk before our first event. But I do try to encourage prayer and fasting on the days leading up to the event.

CS1

May 23, 2012

many things we have done in California. And are very good icebreakers and we have seen many saved doing the following weekends

• Paying for car washes
  • paying for laundry at the laundry mats
  • walking the downtown area, and praying for the homeless to meet their needs.
  • Went to school at student pick-up time and handed out ice cream to students and parents.
We saw our Church increase by more than 10 % in two months, and salvation and discipleship have increased in participation; prayer night all have seen people come to mid-week services have started.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
many things we have done in California. And are very good icebreakers and we have seen many saved doing the following weekends

• Paying for car washes
  • Went to school at student pick-up time and handed out ice cream to students and parents.
We saw our Church increase by more than 10 % in two months, and salvation and discipleship have increased in participation; prayer night all have seen people come to mid-week services have started.
Our church is tight on money with less than 150 people and paying off a new parking lot.

But I was thinking of a youth car wash and setting up a shaded area with lemonade for those getting their car wish-giving set people to talk to them while introducing spiritual concepts to gauge where they are spiritually.

Probably just buy a big container of soap, have some signs done in marker, have church members bring car washing equipment and the only thing we should have to buy is the soap and the lemonade.

Billyd

May 8, 2014

• Paying for car washes
Any thing that shows the community that you care about them works. All it really takes is a commitment to the community your church serves.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Our church is tight on money with less than 150 people and paying off a new parking lot.

But I was thinking of a youth car wash and setting up a shaded area with lemonade for those getting their car wish-giving set people to talk to them while introducing spiritual concepts to gauge where they are spiritually.

Probably just buy a big container of soap, have some signs done in marker, have church members bring car washing equipment and the only thing we should have to buy is the soap and the lemonade.
I hear yA,

God will provide the resources our the church is only 178. We are all non- 6 figure workers.

Pastor Frank in Manteca, California, God raised up a 180 sq foot tent, and he houses most of the homeless. it costs about 65 K a month. The city of Manteca and State reps only provide a 1-time gift of 25 K. Local businesses have seen most homeless off the street and away from their businesses. This ministry get the homeless saved, off drugs, and a job, and most volunteer to work this site. They have like 10 of these up and down the state of California. And did it.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I hear yA,

God will provide the resources our the church is only 178. We are all non- 6 figure workers.

Pastor Frank in Manteca, California, God raised up a 180 sq foot tent, and he houses most of the homeless. it costs about 65 K a month. The city of Manteca and State reps only provide a 1-time gift of 25 K. Local businesses have seen most homeless off the street and away from their businesses. This ministry get the homeless saved, off drugs, and a job, and most volunteer to work this site. They have like 10 of these up and down the state of California. And did it.

Just think what would happen if the state had spent it's money on the homeless this way.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I hear yA,

He sure does provide. I need not to forget that.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Unfortunately most churches don’t put enough emphasis on this great commandment to the church.

Meet 8 days a week with your brothers and sisters, those whom Christ dwells within. This should be easy for true Christians, It’s the closest to Christ we can get this side of heaven (outside of the word and prayer). Weep with them, laugh with them, build trust and confidence in each other, labor in the word and prayer and truly love one another. Do this and most, if not all, of your congregation’s problems will disappear (including the false convert problems Lord willing)

By this they (the ones you’re evangelizing) will know you belong to Christ.

Flip side of the coin. By this you (Christ’s disciple) will know who doesn’t belong to Christ.

And Lord willing those false proclaimers who don’t have the passion or stamina to keep up will self examine, repent and be saved.

John 13:34 is the key.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Unfortunately most churches don’t put enough emphasis on this great commandment to the church.

Meet 8 days a week with your brothers and sisters, those whom Christ dwells within. This should be easy for true Christians, It’s the closest to Christ we can get this side of heaven (outside of the word and prayer). Weep with them, laugh with them, build trust and confidence in each other, labor in the word and prayer and truly love one another. Do this and most, if not all, of your congregation’s problems will disappear (including the false convert problems Lord willing)

By this they (the ones you’re evangelizing) will know you belong to Christ.

Flip side of the coin. By this you (Christ’s disciple) will know who doesn’t belong to Christ.

And Lord willing those false proclaimers who don’t have the passion or stamina to keep up will self examine, repent and be saved.

John 13:34 is the key.
That is one thing about a small church. They make you feel like family.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Just think what would happen if the state had spent it's money on the homeless this way.
The money thrown away by CA homeless programs was for them to:

1. buy their drugs
2. pay for hotels where they can do their drugs
3. given them about 33K annually to live on the streets and no rehab for the help

1678463183857.jpeg 1678463195346.jpeg

Billyd

May 8, 2014
The money thrown away by CA homeless programs was for them to:

1. buy their drugs
2. pay for hotels where they can do their drugs
3. given them about 33K annually to live on the streets and no rehab for the help

View attachment 249203 View attachment 249204
What a waste! I pray that your state will wake up and look at the success of your ministry.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What a waste! I pray that your state will wake up and look at the success of your ministry.
amen we will take all the prayer we can get thank you

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Very true. We are doing a 30 minute prayer walk before our first event. But I do try to encourage prayer and fasting on the days leading up to the event.
The prayer walk is a great idea. I used to run a ministry for people with a same sex attraction, Before we met, one of us did a prayer walk around the building.