Evangelism Team

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Starting a evangelism local outreach team at the end of the month. We have many ideas but it would be nice to have more.
In my experience there are often a number of people on the periphery of the church or perhaps even regular attenders, coming along for one reason or another, company or to oblige spouses/ relatives, who are not saved. Some may even have found their way into some sort of role in the church. A good place to start is to preach a clear gospel message, repent and believe, in the church. I was in an AOG church some years ago, a travelling preacher shared the gospel for the first time (the new pastor was into prosperity and positivism), one of the worship leaders got saved. God Bless All :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Evangelism is a gift and a calling! If we are not gifted or called, should we not do evangelism? Of course we should, all believers are called to share the gospel. I've been grateful God has allowed me to bring a number of people to the Lord. I've used my testimony and Scripture. And years of dedicated prayer! My father came to Christ after I prayed for him for 32 years! My sister after praying for 38 years.

My mother is not yet saved and she is dying. My sister phoned me a few days ago to tell me a plan on how I should share the gospel. I told her it was a great plan, and she should do it. She also said not to mention Jesus, as it might scare our mom off. I told her it isn't the gospel without people understanding who Jesus is, and what he came to do! I told her that both of us need to share our faith in Christ- the more, the better! I also noted how many times I had shared the gospel with my mom. But, like my father, who heard it many times from me, God is able to save even in a death bed! God might reach her through both of us! Or one of us!

I have a friend from Peru with the gift of evangelism. She could stand in line at a grocery store, and lead the person in line behind her at the check out counter to Christ. On her trips back to Peru, should would lead countless people to Christ on the airplane. She started a Bible study for many of these people, (women) to disciple them. There was no church program, no planning committee, no methods, just the love of God and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. It always amazed me to watch her boldness in sharing,

Perhaps finding these people with the gift of evangelism should also be a priority within a church. Obviously, if someone has a heart for evangelism, they are going to want to push for a ministry or even church wide training in how to share your testimony and the gospel. Starting with those people, training those who want to get involved could also reach many in the community. And if churches decide to use a program, I do believe some training is in order, so the gospel is presented well. Using the talents God gave us!!

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
You cannot train people to be evangelists. Either they are or they are not. If they are you won't stop them. If they are not, they will be as miserable as sin if they are made to do it.
My ministry is teaching which I received through four different prophecies from four different men in four different meetings. After that I didn't need convincing. I leave the evangelism to the evangelists and do not try to move in on their territory.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You cannot train people to be evangelists. Either they are or they are not. If they are you won't stop them. If they are not, they will be as miserable as sin if they are made to do it.
My ministry is teaching which I received through four different prophecies from four different men in four different meetings. After that I didn't need convincing. I leave the evangelism to the evangelists and do not try to move in on their territory.
Of course you can train people to be evangelists. I'm not talking about a program or a method. Or a professional touring evangelist! I'm talking about giving some basic scriptural foundations to share the gospel!

1. What is the gospel? How can anyone share that gospel? Train them to really know & understand the gospel themselves

I took evangelism in seminary, from a former missionary in Hungary. We learned many ways of sharing the gospel. Giving our testimony of how God saves us is a good start! Know The Roman road, and don't forget repentance is an important part of seeing if people know the whole gospel, or just the good parts.

2. I agree your average person is not on fire to share the truth of Jesus. Maybe they will never be called upon to share their knowledge of Jesus to 100s of thousands of people. But everyone can share with their neighbour, or a friend or family member who are suffering.

3. Learn to recognize openings to share the gospel. So, if someone reflects on a fear of dying, or an emotional issue, any Christian should have the knowledge to spontaneously share the Plan of Salvation. I had been saved over 25 years when I took evangelism in seminary. I finally got a clear idea of how to simply explain the gospel, and lead people to Christ.

4. The Power of Prayer! Be on your knees. Pray for doors to open to share, pray for specific people to come to Christ, pray for the workers in the harvest, who really are gifted & called!

5. Urge people to understand the hour is urgent, and the need is greet! If a person isn't on fire for God, why would they be motivated to share the gospel? Stir up the Holy Spirit within.

As I said in my last post, everyone can share the gospel with a friend, a neighbour, or when God opens a door. We need to be prepared as to how to share, how to rely on the work of the Holy Spirit, and not our own works!

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
As I said in my last post, everyone can share the gospel with a friend, a neighbour, or when God opens a door.
That does not make you an Evangelist. That makes you a believer who can give an account of what they believe.