Everyday I need Jesus…

  • Thread starter Thread starter Winslow89
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Winslow89

Guest
Everyday I’m in need of Jesus. I don’t deserve His mercy, grace forgiveness, or His love, but everday He gives me another day to repent and walk in the light is another day of His mercy and grace in action. It is absolutely impossible to rely on my own goodness for salvation, for there is nothing good about me except for the Savior who died and gave His blood for me on that cross, whereby giving me the amazing opportunity to find redemption in Him. Even as a Christian, I’m in need of His blood that saves. Yes, His precious blood that saves souls! Oh, how wonderful it is!! I do not deserve any of that, as I am the world’s problem, but thankfully Jesus is able to take a broken down piece of clay and make it into a vessel of honor, even when I continuously fail at living for Him!!! I am nothing more than a broken chunk of clay who has been healed and fixed by the Potter of mercy and grace!!! Even as a Christian, when the clay starts to wither and unravel, the Potter gives me another chance and forms me once again to be who He desires me to be!! Oh, what a wonderful God we serve!!! In my failures and horrendous sins as a Christian, they make me realize the precious gift of salvation, the precious gift of repentance, of mercy and grace.

Had I been born into the lands of all those who worship the pagan idols, they would have already sacrificed me to their false gods for the horrors I have done! But thankfully, the God I serve is not made with hands, or the imagination of men, for the God I serve is too wondrous and gracious to be thought up and invented by flawed man!! The God I serve and sadly fail at living for is able to forgive any and all sin, provided with genuine repentance to even an erring brother or sister who has erred from the truth, who has decided to walk in the flesh!!! The flesh equals death. It delivers horrible, disturbing desires, wants and cravings, but the Spirit of God provides protection and an armor to help combat the flesh, and the sword is able fight the devil’s schemes as we continue to hold on to the sword of God even in our failures, as we have not gone AWOL!!! God’s armor and the Spirit’s sword provide a path through the wilderness of sin and through the Red Sea of freedom which leads us back to an empty tomb, glorifying the resurrected Christ!! Just as my strength over sin is not of my own doing as Samson’s power/strength was in the Lord and not his hair, I shall find the strength from God in Christ to continue to defeat the Delilahs’—the temptations of sin— that come my way! Yes, thank God in Christ for His grace! Thank God in Christ for His mercy!! And thank God in Christ for His love!!!

Sincerely,

The world’s problem, yet being continually fixed, restored, renewed, and molded by the glory of Christ.