Everyone falls away from Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
I've seen this over and over throughout my life.. and in my own life as well

People follow Jesus until... until they don't (for one reason or another)

It is extremely difficult to continue following Him when the rest of the world has ditched Him and doesn't bother trying to live His Commandments (not suggestions, Commandments)

But difficult or not.. we have to meet Jesus some day

so yeh... might be a good idea to re-direct yourself when you are falling off the "wagon" as it were...

That reminds me of 12 step meetings... a very good thing for whatever ails you.. whatever addiction you suffer from.. We are all addicted to something or other.. every single one of us.. bc we are all human/sinners

S

SophieT

It is extremely difficult to continue following Him when the rest of the world has ditched Him and doesn't bother trying to live His Commandments (not suggestions, Commandments)

so yeh... might be a good idea to re-direct yourself when you are falling off the "wagon" as it were...

That reminds me of 12 step meetings... a very good thing for whatever ails you.. whatever addiction you suffer from.. We are all addicted to something or other.. every single one of us.. bc we are all human/sinners
perhaps it is you and the crowd you hang with

you do not have a biblical view of our walk with Jesus. everyone who tries in their own strength will fail because we are given the Holy Spirit to enable to us to walk as we are told we should

you seem to have this very negative view in so many posts. I submit that it is perhaps your own life you have trouble with and saying everyone is like you, makes you feel somehow not obligated to straighten out yourself

you even have given yourself the name 'JesuswhereRU' when He says He will NEVER leave or forsake us. maybe ask yourself where YOU are, because Jesus didn't walk away from you and saying everyone walks away from Him, is NOT true

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
perhaps it is you and the crowd you hang with

you do not have a biblical view of our walk with Jesu NOT true
(my first response didn't seem to go through.. until it did.. sigh) but anyhow..

you don't know me from Adam

sheez... not even going to bother reading the rest

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
It is those who get up 1000 times after such falling away

who have a chance at being saved..

S

SophieT

how in God's name do you know ?

how presumptuous

arrogant

well let's see

I received 2 likes on my summation of what is going on with you and you got zero, zilch, nada, nothing, rien and a big goose egg likes on your op

you are just angry cause I called it

No. It is those who are saved by the blood of Christ and have faith IN Him that are saved. NOT the number of times you fall away.,

I don't count likes or not likes for comparison and usually not at all. Just thought I would make it real for you

see you or not :whistle:

Reminds me of the parable of the sower:
But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Have 'fallen off the wagon' if you will several times in life, and each time it was from giving in to the lust of the flesh, taking my eyes off of God, and/or going back to my worldly ways. Had told a former pastor that I'd heard folk say that being a Christian was hard; told him couldn't believe they'd say that, because being a Christian is easy...very easy. Wasn't even a year later that I fell away, and came crawling back about a year or so.
Following the world will kill, and know I'm leaving myself open and vulnerable here (doctrines, beliefs), but best to be among the good soil...

Also enjoy the next parable:

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

As you said, difficult or not, we will meet Jesus someday...Praise God!!

If you believe, and Jesus is in your life, you have no worries...

Matthew 24:
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021

Without Gods grace, yep. But praise the Lord, we are redeemed through the Lords blood and his Grace, which is every morning New.!

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
well let's see

I received 2 likes on my summation of what is going on with you and you got zero, zilch, nada, nothing, rien and a big goose egg likes on your op

you are just angry cause I called it

No. It is those who are saved by the blood of Christ and have faith IN Him that are saved. NOT the number of times you fall away.,

I don't count likes or not likes for comparison and usually not at all. Just thought I would make it real for you

see you or not :whistle:
well, that's what u have been taught

I know a different story

We will find out in the End who was right I suppose

R

RaceBoy

What is this thread about ?

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
if u don't know.. sheez
Obiedience should follow, but is no condition for to receive grace. And even when we saved, we are not able to live a sinnless live.
We are depend on Gods grace, so long as we live on earth.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
sin destroys people

the work of avoiding sin
is what is spoken of

in Phillipians

Work out your salvation w/ fear & trembling
Change your mind about sin. See it as dead to you and you to it ... when this truth gets a hold sin loses it's power over you and you quit.

Again see yourself as ALIVE to righteousness.