Examine Yourselves, Whether Ye Be In The Faith; Prove Your Own Selves.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Well-known member
Jul 20, 2022
1,282
596
113
79
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Sunday 6-11-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Sivan 22 5783, 84th. Spring Day

Paul's Warning To Examine Yourselves

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Conclusion

11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

13 All the saints salute you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Love, Walter and Debbie
 
Sunday 6-11-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Sivan 22 5783, 84th. Spring Day

Paul's Warning To Examine Yourselves

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Conclusion

11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

13 All the saints salute you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Love, Walter and Debbie

@Walter : Excellent Post, brother!
 
Hello OLDMANBORNAGAIN, Thank you, Sir and you are welcome for the encouragement, but the reason for this particular chapter is because lately me and my wife choose scriptures due to issues.

Love, Walter

@Walter : Thanks so much for this, Walter: I find all of your Posts to be very inspiring.

May The Lord Bless you and your wife Debbie, always,

Douglas

Australia
 
4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For
we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
2-Corinthians12-9-10s.png

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: OLDMANBORNAGAIN
Sunday 6-11-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Sivan 22 5783, 84th. Spring Day

Paul's Warning To Examine Yourselves

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Conclusion

11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

13 All the saints salute you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Love, Walter and Debbie

so urgent was the message of Paul when you read it as a message and not as single verses isnt it ? The urgent call to repentance and uprightness just becomes so evident when presented with chapters rather than a scripture

i agree with Douglas I really look forward to somoly reading through slowly your posts always find good edification value and some uplift or rebuke or encouragement thanks to you both for taking time to share here it makes a difference in my thoughts each day at least and I know others also

Your both appreciated in the lord
 
so urgent was the message of Paul when you read it as a message and not as single verses isnt it ? The urgent call to repentance and uprightness just becomes so evident when presented with chapters rather than a scripture

i agree with Douglas I really look forward to somoly reading through slowly your posts always find good edification value and some uplift or rebuke or encouragement thanks to you both for taking time to share here it makes a difference in my thoughts each day at least and I know others also

Your both appreciated in the lord

Yes Pilgrimshope, We agree that it is always good to encourage one another with The Faith that Jesus was talking about in Matthew 13, and Matthew 17 esp. verses 14-21, but I could not find your Name in my folder.

Love, Walter
 
Yes Pilgrimshope, We agree that it is always good to encourage one another with The Faith that Jesus was talking about in Matthew 13, and Matthew 17 esp. verses 14-21, but I could not find your Name in my folder.

Love, Walter

i don’t know what you mean by my name on a folder, I was saying I like reading your posts here in this forum they help
 
  • Like
Reactions: OLDMANBORNAGAIN
i don’t know what you mean by my name on a folder, I was saying I like reading your posts here in this forum they help
Yes, I understand, I just was asking you for your name again, I thought I had asked you before but I misplaced it, but if you give it to me again I will put it in my folder, so I can remember your name if you don't mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OLDMANBORNAGAIN
Yes Pilgrimshope, We agree that it is always good to encourage one another with The Faith that Jesus was
talking about in Matthew 13, and Matthew 17 esp. verses 14-21, but I could not find your Name in my folder.

Love, Walter
Jesuswordsinmatthew17-20-21s.png

Jesus' words in Matthew 17:20-21
Faith the size of a mustard seed moved the mountain of my unbelief .:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: OLDMANBORNAGAIN