Exodus 14 -- Tell the Israelites to move on!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
1 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’ 4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.

I love this. You can take a group of misfits with women, children and the elderly and the Lord can use them to utterly defeat and humiliate the super power of the day. What does Pharaoh see when he sees them trudge through the desert? Is there anything to be fearful of? They have no weapons, no military training, how do you let these slaves just walk away from you? The Lord understands what Pharaoh is thinking and will use that to destroy them and to totally humiliate them. This is not petty, this will prevent Israel from having to worry about Egypt coming after them from the rear. This will also intimidate any tribes they might run into in the desert.

5 When the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, Pharaoh and his officials changed their minds about them and said, “What have we done? We have let the Israelites go and have lost their services!” 6 So he had his chariot made ready and took his army with him. 7 He took six hundred of the best chariots, along with all the other chariots of Egypt, with officers over all of them. 8 The Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly. 9 The Egyptians—all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots, horsemen[a] and troops—pursued the Israelites and overtook them as they camped by the sea near Pi Hahiroth, opposite Baal Zephon.

This was the Lord’s plan, let’s make it look like Israel is trapped, no way out, no place to go.

10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!” 13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

There is no rebuke because this is their very first instance of battle, and it game plan is that they are to look terrified, so the fact that they are terrified only helps sell this to Pharaoh.

15 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. 16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground. 17 I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. 18 The Egyptians will know that I am the Lord when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen.”

God’s people being driven out from those in the world has happened numerous times in history. The pogroms in Russia, the holocaust in Germany and what we are seeing today in the US. In fact there are 350 million Christians worldwide that are under intense persecution. You are given two choices be there slave and do what they say, think what they think and speak what they tell you to speak or else leave. The proper thing to do is to leave.

19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel’s army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.

We are in a long night, one side is very dark, filled with hatred, insults, and threats. The other side is full of light, prayer, praise, and thanksgiving.

21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.

The cancel culture has been a strong wind but what has been the result. Goya walked out on dry land, sales increasing, not decreasing. Mike Lindell walked out on dry land sales increasing not decreasing. Disney actress walks out on dry land losing one job and immediately getting another and having her popularity skyrocket to the most popular actress. The Hyatt is attacked for hosting CPAC and by this time they realize to just ignore the cancel culture. Nothing says you are not important like people ignoring your threats and calls to cancel someone. Twenty businesses cancelled Mike Lindell, let’s see how many of them go bankrupt.

23 The Egyptians pursued them, and all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots and horsemen followed them into the sea.24 During the last watch of the night the Lord looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army and threw it into confusion. 25 He jammed[b] the wheels of their chariots so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians said, “Let’s get away from the Israelites! The Lord is fighting for them against Egypt.”

They are definitely pursuing us. They tried to put Parler out of business but it is up and running. The more they try to censor, ban and cancel us the worse it gets for them. Australia is passing laws concerning big Tech, Germany, Poland, France and Mexico are considering doing the same. Uganda has already taken action. There are quite a few states who are also in the process of passing laws. The entire world can see that Twitter, Facebook and the mainstream media have been censoring the news to manipulate the political process. They know if they will do it in the US they will certainly do it in their country. What we are seeing is the wheels coming off their businesses. No one wants to be beholden to these multinational corporations.

26 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the waters may flow back over the Egyptians and their chariots and horsemen.” 27 Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and at daybreak the sea went back to its place. The Egyptians were fleeing toward[c] it, and the Lord swept them into the sea. 28 The water flowed back and covered the chariots and horsemen—the entire army of Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the sea. Not one of them survived.

This will be the judgement and destruction. At this moment the might of Egypt is destroyed. The rest of the world will no longer look on them as the superpower. China and Russia may not object to what is happening in the US, but no way they give that kind of power to these companies in their country. Taiwan, Australia, Israel and Germany may be alarmed and concerned for their own sovereignty. They won’t do something stupid, but you can be sure they are in the process of delivering themselves from being beholden to these companies. Once the other platforms are up and running like they are with Gab, Dissenter, DuckDuckGo, Rumble, etc. then they will move and dump platforms like Facebook, Google, and Twitter.

29 But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 30 That day the Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.

When Mike Lindell was attacked I bought his pillows. They were everything he claimed. So I bought his sheets and again, they were everything he said. So I bought his towels and again, I was not disappointed. There are seventy five million other Americans doing the same and it is a great way to learn to be self sufficient. This Egyptian army became arrogant, fat and lazy being supported by a bunch of Christian “slaves”. But now the Christians are learning to build their own economy. My interest is the schools. With the laws that Biden is passing and trying to pass the Christians in this country have been warned and need to leave the public school system. I would recommend small “homeschools” run out of churches. Maybe 30 kids or less per congregation. This way they don’t have to have a “girls” bathroom and a “boys” bathroom. Instead they just have a couple of bathrooms that you use one person at a time. That will avoid lawsuits. With the internet you can easily have the curriculum for a school system from K-12. With one or two retired teachers helping you could easily make this very affordable for the parents and it would strengthen the church community.