exporting

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DebbyAliveInChrist

New member
Mar 12, 2022
2
0
1
Dpes anyone here have good advice for an overseas friend of mine in Sialkot, Pakistan? He's a pastor but also an exporter. He's very poor. He hasn't been able to find many buyers. I've tried advertising for him to stores, but I found that many require a fee to register as a supplier. He can't afford to pay anything to advertise. It looks iike Meijer store doesn't require a fee for being a supplier. But a great many others do require a fee as I said. If you've had experience with exporting to the USA, or importing in the USA - you may be more likey to know what possibilities there may be for fixing his dilemma. In any case - please share if you think you have any helpful advice on this subject. Thanks! Debby of Traverse City, Michigan
 
Dpes anyone here have good advice for an overseas friend of mine in Sialkot, Pakistan? He's a pastor but also an exporter. He's very poor. He hasn't been able to find many buyers. I've tried advertising for him to stores, but I found that many require a fee to register as a supplier. He can't afford to pay anything to advertise. It looks iike Meijer store doesn't require a fee for being a supplier. But a great many others do require a fee as I said. If you've had experience with exporting to the USA, or importing in the USA - you may be more likey to know what possibilities there may be for fixing his dilemma. In any case - please share if you think you have any helpful advice on this subject. Thanks! Debby of Traverse City, Michigan
Howdy and welcome to the forum.

No idea what to do about your question, but howdy anyway.
 
Howdy - and thanks! That's ok - I know that not all people would know what to say about this, either - as many aren't involved in that type of thing - plus many may not personally know such people who are more knowledgeable on the subject. But I thought I'd try. God bless you, and all those who visit your forum!
 
Dpes anyone here have good advice for an overseas friend of mine in Sialkot, Pakistan? He's a pastor but also an exporter. He's very poor. He hasn't been able to find many buyers. I've tried advertising for him to stores, but I found that many require a fee to register as a supplier. He can't afford to pay anything to advertise. It looks iike Meijer store doesn't require a fee for being a supplier. But a great many others do require a fee as I said. If you've had experience with exporting to the USA, or importing in the USA - you may be more likey to know what possibilities there may be for fixing his dilemma. In any case - please share if you think you have any helpful advice on this subject. Thanks! Debby of Traverse City, Michigan
One thing your friend may want to focus on is finding buyers through channels that do not require supplier registration fees.
Many U.S. importers, wholesalers, and small retail chains buy through direct relationships rather than paid supplier directories.
Since Sialkot is well known for sporting goods, leather products, gloves, medical instruments, and apparel manufacturing, he could contact importers, distributors, and independent retailers directly by email and provide a simple catalog, price list, and samples if possible.
He should also look into free B2B platforms and trade networks before paying for any listings.
Local chambers of commerce, export promotion agencies in Pakistan, trade associations, and LinkedIn can sometimes connect exporters with buyers at little or no cost.
Another possibility is working with an established export broker or sales representative who earns a commission only when sales are made rather than charging upfront fees.
If he is a very small exporter, targeting smaller specialty businesses may be more realistic than pursuing large chains like Meijer, Walmart, or Target, which often have extensive supplier requirements.
Small and medium-sized importers are usually more accessible and may be willing to start with modest order quantities.
Most importantly, he should be cautious about any company asking for large upfront fees in exchange for 'guaranteed buyers' or 'exclusive opportunities.'
Unfortunately, many exporters lose money that way.
Building relationships, networking, and contacting buyers directly is often slower, but usually carries less financial risk.
I hope something there helps your friend. I admire that you're trying to assist him.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch