Expressing emotions

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

Senior Member
May 6, 2017
2,284
1,443
113
I really like that I can bring all my emotions to God. He is a good Father. He cares for you and me. We can bring all our emotions to God unfettered. No need to sugar coated it or pretend it is not as bad as it is. The one emotion I have probably the most trouble expressing is anger. Perhaps I have considered it the "forbidden emotion" but it is not. God was angry enough at Sodom and Gomorrah that he burned the city from heaven and yet was merciful enough that he would have spared the whole city for 10 righteous people. Jesus also in the New Testament expressed his rage and anger. God also has been grieved on various occasions such as when Jesus wept when Lazarus was dead and he saw the grief of others. I really don't like it when Jesus is portrayed as stoic and void of much emotion. Nothing could be further from the truth! Jesus expressed anger, sorrow, and joy. We can too! It is a healthy thing to do. Keeping it all in is not healthy.