EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 2, 2016
We sometimes even get cinnamon toast with our oatmeal.
Those little ice cream cups with the wooden sticks are a real treat. We get those on fridays but only if we haven't tried to escape or peed the bed. Lol

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I read a book once, called "What You Think of Me Is None of My Business" :D
I need to live more in how God sees me. Jesus died for me. And you, too.
People see us through their own imperfect filters. Only God sees us perfectly :)

Mar 2, 2016
The only reason I like to get to know people is so I can accept them for who they are.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The only reason I like to get to know people is so I can accept them for who they are.
That is admirable. I love meeting people, and discovering who they are, also. I grew up in a large family with a huge collection of aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, nieces and nephews etc, so I was used to embracing others from a young age. Through primary school my friends were always those that others rejected for whatever reason. I gravitated to them. Where did that come from? I don't know. I try to love people. I used to think I could. Now I don't know. I have experienced many losses in my life. My rose colored glasses have been ripped away from me. I also see my own defects of character. Quite glaringly most of the time. That is why I appreciate people who would rather focus on what is positive about me. Sometimes it is hard to see any good in me. Through a glass darkly, as Paul said. Even Jesus said He was not good. I get it. We live in such a fallen world. I am sad. Sorry.

I have been discovering some new music. Here is a song for you:

[video=youtube;aqsL0QQaSP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsL0QQaSP4&index=3&list=RDYj6V_a1-EUA[/video]

Feb 7, 2015
Those little ice cream cups with the wooden sticks are a real treat. We get those on fridays but only if we haven't tried to escape or peed the bed. Lol
Yeah............ I can't remember the last time I made it a whole week.

Mar 2, 2016
I'm sorry you are sad M. Here's a song for you.

[video=youtube;kwd4viRzBUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwd4viRzBUA[/video]

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is a sweet song. Thank you. It is interesting to me that our deepest wounds are always about how we feel we have not been loved, and how we have been incapable of loving others, our failures. I still don't get it right. I would like to be better. God, let us love each other more, more dearly and more clearly. That is my prayer. Haha at the same time I shrink from it. I will fail. I will be hurt. I will hurt others. I don't want that part of it. How do we love without inviting that part in, also?

Here is a song I am listening to a lot today. I never heard it before today! Even the band is new to me.

[video=youtube;Yj6V_a1-EUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6V_a1-EUA&index=1&list=RDYj6V_a1-EUA[/video]

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I know! I am to love with absolutely no attachment to receiving any return of my affections, attention, and efforts on behalf of the other. Gosh. That is tough, a tall order. My needs get in the way. Is that why we are to allow God to fill our needs? No other really can.

Mar 2, 2016
I know! I am to love with absolutely no attachment to receiving any return of my affections, attention, and efforts on behalf of the other. Gosh. That is tough, a tall order. My needs get in the way. Is that why we are to allow God to fill our needs? No other really can.
Processing painful stuff as it comes is the key to not ending up with an anchor around your soul.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Processing painful stuff as it comes is the key to not ending up with an anchor around your soul.
I've gotten so much better at processing. It used to take me years to figure stuff out. LOL. I laugh when I say that, but it is true! Figuring it out doesn't always make all the pain go away, though. I try so hard to understand others. Sometimes they are more messed up than I am. It is important to connect with people who take responsibility for the things they do and say, without always blaming the other person for their not so nice behavior. I came to understand that the truth is the only defense I have. But we cannot expect others to accept the truth as we understand it, can we? We are bound to see things differently than others do. Willingness to listen to and really hear what the other person is saying is important.

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Wrong room again?
Eeks, a green coffee drinking creature!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We already know your case magenta :)

[video=youtube;Rx47qrH1GRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx47qrH1GRs[/video]
You know, those one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters are out to get me, right? Cuz I am one of the purple people they want to gobble up :eek:

D

Depleted

Well, thank God you have me here. LOL
Unfair! I've had seven months to feel free to LOL. And now that John's home, he's sleeping on the sofa, and you almost made me wake him up with an LOL. (Snort/sore throat kind of thing as I had to muffle what I already started.)

But, to answer Sirk's question, I'm going to "pick" on Willie first. Willie is the unpredictable factor on this whole site. When I see his avatar, I'm never sure if he's going to be letting someone have it with both barrels, (and often I am that someone), make me laugh, or say something profound and wise. The only thing I can just about guarantee with when Willie speaks is I can never predict what he will say.

And, Sirk, you're one of the few people I've ever seen truly change. (I don't think it's a matter of good or bad, just different.) You used to be The Mighty Sirk, King of the Oneliners. Now you're more about "don't hurt people." I know what happened in your life to make the change. But the outcome is cool. (I just miss the oneliners.)

Miri has become my sanity release valve. (Poor woman. Imagine being my sanity anything. lol) If everything is calm in her life, it makes me feel safe to be calmer in mine.

TinTin is the resident "In the Beginning" expert.

Crossnote? Crossnote kind of reminds me of Ben Franklin. He's a verbal Reconnaissance Man -- able to discuss just about any topic in Christianity, like Ben Franklin tended to dabble in all sorts of different fields, but somehow it all seems to tie in with being himself. But Ben was often off the beaten trail too, so Crossnote tends to keep me on my toes. You can't take either for granted, have to listen, but it doesn't mean you have to agree.

Utah? Despite his username, he and I are forever connected by a state -- New Jersey. Most of the people I met when I move to other states were born and raised in NJ. Most people I knew when I lived in Jersey were from other states, but moved to NJ. It makes for a truly interesting person for the obvious reason -- why New Jersey? No one in their right mind chooses to live in New Jersey, but that's what makes people from or to there so uniquely similar. (I know. That should be an oxymoron but it's not.) We tend to speak our minds even when no one wants to hear it. And we tend to make people get emotional (in the full spectrum of emotional extremes) once they hear what we had to say. We're all the most obnoxious, loudmouths with passion and kind hearts you'll ever meet. And for that, we will be forever known as "those guys" in a halfway loving and a halfway infuriating way at the same time.

Now my mind is flooded with so many people on this site that I love and get frustrated with so easily. But, I've got to get moving soon, so I'll stop here.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"The Purple People Eater" is a song written and performed by Sheb Wooley, which is the novelty song to end all novelty songs. It's one of the few rare cases where a pure novelty made it to #1 on the charts, for one thing. It's also unusually long-lived, popping up again and again in cartoons, TV commercials, YouTube videos, and film soundtracks.

The song is notable for a confused impression people tend to get from it, which may be intentional. The creature's full description is "a one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eater," but the lyrics make it clear that this is a creature who eats purple people. Yet whenever anyone is asked to depict the figure, they invariably make the creature itself purple, suggesting that it will eat people of any old color. It's a natural impression to get considering the hail of adjectives. Incidentally, we also know that it isn't a one-eyed creature who eats "one-horned flying purple people," because the lyrics also have the creature "playing rock 'n' roll music through the horn in his head," and also it is the creature, itself, who flies because the lyrics say it "came down to Earth and lit in a tree."
The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley Songfacts :D

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Well they ask for headline like threads. Lol.

Anywho, it occurred to me that pretty much everyone one around here (including myself) is by and large stating their opinions. I mean you get the occasional "I had a word from God and He told me to tell y'all that ya'll are a den of vipers, maybe a liar or (shudder) a false prophet and whatnot. Lol. That said, some you are very thoughtful in your replies...they don't seem to be emotion based etc. Which is sort of what I am trying to be when I communicate with people....esp my son. I guess it is important to me to model for him who to deal with difficult stuff. I can think of a few actually off the top of my head that disagree with me but are always nice about it. I'm sure there are a few that I'm not so nice too....probably a pride thing in me...Lol. Sorry Rachel. :)Maybe they are sent to smooth out a rough spot in me...Lol.

The other personality type I see is (and I don't wanna pick on anyone here) but Blue...lol....she's a real pragmatist...and I honestly love her for it...Lol. Let's see, what is a pragmatist: Like...when they see some difficult situation, they sort just go with their initial "feeling" on the matter, without considering that there are other alternatives. Sorry Blue....love ya.

I think anyone is fair game here.....especially me for calling out Blue. Lol

How do different people strike you here on cc?

Yet another thread calling out people, and pretty much comparing them to see whose smarter and who's dumber.. *sigh* :/ According to the Free Dictionary, pragmatism is "a practical matter of fact way of approaching or assessing situations or of solving problems." :) I consider all alternatives, and I point out the ones that sometimes may not be popular, but sometimes are the better way to go to avoid more prolonged misery because they refuse to let go of something that is ultimately worse for them if they stay, than if they take the kids and themselves out of that environment and leave the situation.

Will I always tell a battered woman to leave her abusive partner and get out of the relationship? YES
An abuser NEVER stops abusing. It only escalates.

Will I always tell someone who has been cheated on hundreds of times, to wise up and leave their partner? YES
Very rarely do cheaters stop cheating, nor are they ever truly sorry.

Will I always tell somebody who has marriage problems, but both are willing to work on it to divorce? NO
IF both are willing to change, that's good. God won't help those who don't want to change.

If that makes me a pragmatist, so be it. I ain't changing my style just to make YOU happy.. ;)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Well they ask for headline like threads. Lol.

Anywho, it occurred to me that pretty much everyone one around here (including myself) is by and large stating their opinions. I mean you get the occasional "I had a word from God and He told me to tell y'all that ya'll are a den of vipers, maybe a liar or (shudder) a false prophet and whatnot. Lol. That said, some you are very thoughtful in your replies...they don't seem to be emotion based etc. Which is sort of what I am trying to be when I communicate with people....esp my son. I guess it is important to me to model for him who to deal with difficult stuff. I can think of a few actually off the top of my head that disagree with me but are always nice about it. I'm sure there are a few that I'm not so nice too....probably a pride thing in me...Lol. Sorry Rachel. :)Maybe they are sent to smooth out a rough spot in me...Lol.

The other personality type I see is (and I don't wanna pick on anyone here) but Blue...lol....she's a real pragmatist...and I honestly love her for it...Lol. Let's see, what is a pragmatist: Like...when they see some difficult situation, they sort just go with their initial "feeling" on the matter, without considering that there are other alternatives. Sorry Blue....love ya.

I think anyone is fair game here.....especially me for calling out Blue. Lol

How do different people strike you here on cc?

And THIS is precisely why you don't have a friend request from me.. lol.. :/