6 On that day I swore to them that I would bring them out of the land of Egypt into a land that I had searched out for them, a land flowing with milk and honey, the most glorious of all lands.
The LORD is the omnipotent creator, why would he have to search for a special land? wouldn't he know exactly the right place already?
he did because of what he had promised Abram everything is according to what God says priorly from his foreknowledge
“And the Lord said unto
Abram, after that Lot was separated from him,
Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
And
I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.”
Genesis 13:14-17 KJV
it’s a reference back to abram and that land and the promise he made in genesis 15 for the children of Israel. He foresaw it long before and gave it to
Abrams flesh seed by promise.
“And when the sun was going down,
a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.
And he said unto
Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. But
in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark,
behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”
Genesis 15:12