This is a chapter that speaks about Satan himself; It is broken into 2 parts; In the first part we find the prince of Tyre & the second about the king of Tyrus.
These are words of The LORD, not mine and not Ezekiel's. This will be made clear as we go trough this.
Verse 1. The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
Who is talking here? Is it Ezekiel? No. It is God speaking to Ezekiel and he is being the scribe, for God's word. Ezekiel is to deliver this to the people of Israel, and to us.
Verse 2. Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:
Verse 3. Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; thee is no secret that they an hide from thee:
Danial was said to be 10 times wiser than the wise men of Babylon.
Verse 4. With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures.
Verse 5. By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine hart is lifted up because of thy riches:
The pride from all that he has accomplished has gone to his head and you know what comes before a fall; PRIDE.
Verse 6. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thin heart as the hart of God;
Because you have done this I am going to bring bring trouble upon you.
Verse 7. Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.
They did just that; Alexander the Great and King Nebuchadnezzar were able to conker that island.
Verse 8. They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the sea.
Verse 9. Wilt thou ye say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? But thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.
Verse 10. Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by he hand o strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
God not man brought all this to pass.
You must remember all this took place after He was demoted from the King of Tyre. In the next section we will look at the King of Tyre. There will be no doubt about just who we are talking about.
The King of Tyrus
Ezekiel Chapter 28:11-19
Verse 11. Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Just as in verse 1 the word of God came to Ezekiel God spoke to him saying;
Verse 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the King of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Lucifer what have you done? You had it all! Full of wisdom, you were smarter than Danial and he was 10 times smarter than a normal man. I created you perfect not a flaw one in your beauty.
Verse 13. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, , and the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in the day thou wast created.
He was in the garden with Jesus. Jesus the tree of life and Satan the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
Verse 14. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thy so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Just who was this cherub that covereth; and what did he cover. We are talking about Lucifer, the bright morning star;one of the 2 cherubs that covered and protected The mercy seat of God.
Verse 15. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Lucifer, The Bright Morning Star, The Cherub that protected both God and the mercy seat (the thorn of God) What was the iniquity that was found in him? Pride. What comes before the fall? Pride
Verse 16. By the multitude of they merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
These were not real stones of fire but Ezekiel is painting us a word picture of what God showed and tole him. These are stones that are in the very front of Gods thorn. They are most likely the most vibrant, in color, clarity, etc. I get the picture of rubies shining through the prism of the diamonds and it looks like they are on fire. Point being this is where Satan fell from.
Verse 17. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thy thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Isiah 14: Has a lot to say about his but I want to highlight 5 verses. 12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how are thou cut to the ground, which does weaken the nations! 13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will set upon the mount of the congregation; in the side of the north. The side of the north is reserved for God only to enter into the temple. Satan is saying I am going to use that door. Verse 14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. I want to take the place of God. That is not going to happen. Verse 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Verse 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look at they, and consider thee, saying “Is this the man that made the earth tremble, that did shake the kingdoms.
Lets get back to Ezekiel: Verse 18. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquities of thy traffic; there will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
This is the way it is going to end for Satan, and He knows it so his plan is to take as many of Gods children as He can with Him.
Verse 19 to conclude: All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
It is going to be all over for Him when Jesus puts his foot again on the Mount of Olives splits that Mt. Into a valley 60 Sq. Miles and sets up the 1,000 years of peace before God brings back his throne here to earth to judge the nations and then shall we always be with the Lord.
Here it is the fall of Satan.
These are words of The LORD, not mine and not Ezekiel's. This will be made clear as we go trough this.
Verse 1. The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
Who is talking here? Is it Ezekiel? No. It is God speaking to Ezekiel and he is being the scribe, for God's word. Ezekiel is to deliver this to the people of Israel, and to us.
Verse 2. Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:
Verse 3. Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; thee is no secret that they an hide from thee:
Danial was said to be 10 times wiser than the wise men of Babylon.
Verse 4. With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures.
Verse 5. By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine hart is lifted up because of thy riches:
The pride from all that he has accomplished has gone to his head and you know what comes before a fall; PRIDE.
Verse 6. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thin heart as the hart of God;
Because you have done this I am going to bring bring trouble upon you.
Verse 7. Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.
They did just that; Alexander the Great and King Nebuchadnezzar were able to conker that island.
Verse 8. They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the sea.
Verse 9. Wilt thou ye say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? But thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.
Verse 10. Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by he hand o strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
God not man brought all this to pass.
You must remember all this took place after He was demoted from the King of Tyre. In the next section we will look at the King of Tyre. There will be no doubt about just who we are talking about.
The King of Tyrus
Ezekiel Chapter 28:11-19
Verse 11. Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Just as in verse 1 the word of God came to Ezekiel God spoke to him saying;
Verse 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the King of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Lucifer what have you done? You had it all! Full of wisdom, you were smarter than Danial and he was 10 times smarter than a normal man. I created you perfect not a flaw one in your beauty.
Verse 13. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, , and the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in the day thou wast created.
He was in the garden with Jesus. Jesus the tree of life and Satan the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
Verse 14. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thy so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Just who was this cherub that covereth; and what did he cover. We are talking about Lucifer, the bright morning star;one of the 2 cherubs that covered and protected The mercy seat of God.
Verse 15. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Lucifer, The Bright Morning Star, The Cherub that protected both God and the mercy seat (the thorn of God) What was the iniquity that was found in him? Pride. What comes before the fall? Pride
Verse 16. By the multitude of they merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
These were not real stones of fire but Ezekiel is painting us a word picture of what God showed and tole him. These are stones that are in the very front of Gods thorn. They are most likely the most vibrant, in color, clarity, etc. I get the picture of rubies shining through the prism of the diamonds and it looks like they are on fire. Point being this is where Satan fell from.
Verse 17. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thy thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Isiah 14: Has a lot to say about his but I want to highlight 5 verses. 12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how are thou cut to the ground, which does weaken the nations! 13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will set upon the mount of the congregation; in the side of the north. The side of the north is reserved for God only to enter into the temple. Satan is saying I am going to use that door. Verse 14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. I want to take the place of God. That is not going to happen. Verse 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Verse 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look at they, and consider thee, saying “Is this the man that made the earth tremble, that did shake the kingdoms.
Lets get back to Ezekiel: Verse 18. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquities of thy traffic; there will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
This is the way it is going to end for Satan, and He knows it so his plan is to take as many of Gods children as He can with Him.
Verse 19 to conclude: All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
It is going to be all over for Him when Jesus puts his foot again on the Mount of Olives splits that Mt. Into a valley 60 Sq. Miles and sets up the 1,000 years of peace before God brings back his throne here to earth to judge the nations and then shall we always be with the Lord.
Here it is the fall of Satan.